‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

Amen. I'm tired of red being so dark it looks like they got caught in a dirty chimney. The new Flash is an example of that trend.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

My biggest complaint about the MoS suit was the texture. If they could dial the texture back I would probably be much happier with it. As far as the colours go, I think the suit fell victim to the colour grading process. If you look at an unfiltered shot of the suit it looks much brighter.

[​IMG]

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That basketball texture is going to age as badly as 70s wallpaper and 80s fashion.

4. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I wonder if someone like Composite Superman is going to impersonate each of them and that would set their confilct in motion.

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't really see how. And there aren't exactly a ton of great alternatives. The options are basically either rubber armor like the TDK costume, leather like the X-Men costumes, or texture like the Spidey/MOS costumes.

And nothing will ever be more dated than the spandex look, so that's obviously never coming back.

6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Imagine if Superman and Batman had been featured in another anthology of the 1940s such as More Fun Comics or All-American Comics...would fans be insisting that the new movie be called All-American or More Fun?

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

I like the title World's Finest, especially as a prelude to a Justice League movie. But the title itself probably wouldn't scream "superhero movie" to general audiences.

8. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Man Of Steel - The Dark Knight Returns!

I like the bat suit and mobile. :bolian:

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Not enough Bat-Nipples.

10. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

The costume change.
    [​IMG]

11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Thanks for the link. That really brings out the texture of the suit much better than the original promo image. That suit looks fantastic, and Affleck's really bulking up to fill out the suit.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I saw those pics. It's kinda weird to see Ben Affleck that buff. :lol:

It is nice to get a good look at the suit's texture, too. It looks like there are actually "scars" on the suit, a lot of wear and tear. Very appropriate for a Batman who's been in business for a while!

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

14. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

He seems to walk very... aware of the camera. ;)

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Ha, no kidding. Not sure how I feel about the front wheels sticking out that far...

17. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The suit looks very cartoony, and the bat logo on his chest looks especially so. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Thank god. 'Superman vs. Batman' is an awful title for this kind of movie series.

Probably. If titles like those had become iconic over several decades, people might not think of them as weird or silly.

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Again, though, iconic to whom? The actual comics-reading audience is a tiny fraction of the moviegoing audience. What's iconic to comics fans is totally obscure to most in the TV and movie audience, at least until it gets adapted to the screen. That's why comics over the decades have always been prone to follow the lead of their radio, TV, and film adaptations: because the adaptations were much, much more popular and better-known.

19. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The director of photography Larry Fong shared this pic, so there's some Joker speculation going around now.

[​IMG]

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gambit crossover!