Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old May 2 2010, 05:25 PM   #271
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: The Terminator Chronicles: Second Chance

Just a question to the question you posed NX...why would John even tell Sarah what he did? Unless it became absolutely necessary for him to explain his actions I think he'd remain silent about his actions regarding his father. Perhaps if Sarah presses the issue with him John would reply "Everything happened like it was supposed to Mom and that's all you need to know." I think that'd be an extra burden for John to carry around that he doesn't need if he were to tell Sarah about what he did in the future...he doesn't need to alienate her. Besides which he has Allison to confide in about the future events right?

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2010, 04:11 AM   #272
nx1701g
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Just a question to the question you posed NX...why would John even tell Sarah what he did? Unless it became absolutely necessary for him to explain his actions I think he'd remain silent about his actions regarding his father. Perhaps if Sarah presses the issue with him John would reply "Everything happened like it was supposed to Mom and that's all you need to know." I think that'd be an extra burden for John to carry around that he doesn't need if he were to tell Sarah about what he did in the future...he doesn't need to alienate her. Besides which he has Allison to confide in about the future events right?
Unfortunately I don't have time to expand upon it, but I would've expanded upon it as the story progressed (this was going to be pretty much the first act in a multiple arc story I'd been thinking up). Why John would eventually confide in Sarah with what had happened and his choices to send the terminator back to kill his own father in the end would've been revealed.
Old August 8 2010, 04:13 AM   #273
nx1701g
Admiral

The Badger wrote: View Post
I've just been re-reading those last bits and I think there's something I missed.

Kyle Reese went back to 1984 to save Sarah Connor, and (though it wasn't in his mission orders) father John Connor.

Realizing that a T-800 hadn't been sent to kill Sarah, and that one is necessary to ensure she believes Reese, John sends the Skynet Mission Commander back to 1984 with orders to kill her.

John and Allison then travel back to his own time to destroy Skynet before it is built.

OK, I get that, but perhaps I'm being a bit thick. Where, and when, did John Henry go to?
I intentionally kept John Henry's destination a secret. The presumption on John's part was that he went to the past.

Again I'm holding off just if I want to continue the story in the future (I am seriously debating doing the next story - only condensing it from the practical novel that I wrote to something a bit smaller).
Old August 11 2010, 12:30 AM   #274
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Must continue...

Old August 12 2010, 01:34 AM   #275
nx1701g
Admiral

^ I am seriously debating it with myself. I want to do it but I'm afraid I don't have the time right now. Plus I have a couple of different stories in my head that are, frankly, more detailed at the moment. Here are just a few of them.

Batman: Ice World - Following the reign of the Joker and Two-Face, the Dark Knight has become a pariah in Gotham - hunted by both the law and the lawless for crimes he wasn't part of. But a mysterious new gangster named Freeze may change everything forever, bringing the bat back to a world of ice.

Would focus on bringing the character of Mister Freeze (deemed impossible in the nolanverse) into the new movie realm in a realistic manner.

Star Trek: War of Tomorrow - Set in the alternate timeline of Yesterday's Enterprise, Captain Edward Jellico takes command of the Nebula Class USS Enterprise-E in order to lead the fleet against the combined Klingon Fleet at Wolf 359.

Something I've been toying with for a while. It would focuse on showing a different side of trek and what possibilities exist in a Trek different than all others.

Star Wars: Renegades - The Republic is no more, the Empire is born, and the Jedi are extinct. Except a brave few. Chronicles the adventures of a Republic Cruiser where Order 66 was never received and what happens when the New Order comes to call.

This is something else that I've been thinking about for a while. We've seen a few times that Order 66 wasn't followed (Rise of Darth Vader, The Force Unleashed), but we've never followed it for a long time. This is what I'm leaning toward honestly and I have about 45% of it written in my head already.

Terminator: Evil Walks - A modern retelling of the classic film The Terminator set in the early 21st Century. In the future humanity is hunted to the point of extinction by the forces of Skynet, but the Resistance is stronger than ever imagined. The human race is about to win in the war for survival, but Skynet launches a last ditch plan to ensure its own survival.

This would be more like the original script than what was actually shown on screen. There would be some differences and there would be a different ending.
Old August 13 2010, 11:47 PM   #276
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Out of those the Batman sequel and Star Trek one interest me the most and I would read them both in a heart beat.

Old August 14 2010, 01:58 AM   #277
nx1701g
Admiral

At the moment I'm debating between Batman and Star Wars.
Old August 14 2010, 02:57 AM   #278
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Batman then.

Old August 15 2010, 04:15 AM   #279
nx1701g
Admiral

I've pretty much decided I'm going to write another story. What I may do, however, is post the first chapters of both stories and have people vote on what they'd rather read.
Old August 15 2010, 05:02 AM   #280
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^ That is genius my friend!!