Nimoy Memories From Friends and Family
By: T'Bonz on Jul 1

Stewart: It’s in My Genes
By: T'Bonz on Jun 30

Star Trek Beyond
By: T'Bonz on Jun 30

Trek-themed Car Accessories
By: T'Bonz on Jun 29

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: Most attractive alien races? (you can pick more than 1)
Vulcan 71 63.39%
Romulan (TOS) 37 33.04%
Romulan (modern) 15 13.39%
Klingon (TOS) 1 0.89%
Klingon (modern) 11 9.82%
Cardassian 28 25.00%
Bajoran 44 39.29%
Trill 46 41.07%
Betazoid 27 24.11%
Orion 29 25.89%
Deltan 17 15.18%
Andorian 25 22.32%
Ocampa 10 8.93%
Vorta 15 13.39%
Borg 4 3.57%
Bolian 0 0%
Caitian 5 4.46%
Devore 1 0.89%
Kazon 0 0%
Denobulan 1 0.89%
Ferengi 0 0%
Changeling 4 3.57%
Android (of the Soong variety) 3 2.68%
other 9 8.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 14 2009, 10:02 PM   #76
Kane_Steel
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Most attractive Trek alien races?

1) Orion Slave Girls

Green skin is hot.

Honorable mention to Talas the Andorian

Kane_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2009, 03:44 AM   #77
Smellincoffee
Commodore

View Smellincoffee's Twitter Profile

I picked Vulcans, Bajorans, Trills, and Cardassians. I don't know what it is about Cardassian females, but "Second Skin" is a favorite just for that. Maybe it's the blue-on-grey...
DS9 CapCon #117: If You're Going to San Francisco..
"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.." - Commander Montgomery Scott.
Smellincoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2009, 06:59 PM   #78
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

I've been rewatching DS9 these days, and I couldn't help noticing how many good-looking male Bajorans appeared in season 1 and 2, although don't often hear it because none of them were main characters. Of course, it's a matter of casting attractive actors, since the nose hardly makes any difference (although I like the ridged nose ).

In the Circle trilogy, which I've just rewatched, there's not just Bareil, but Li Nalas (Richard Beymer - I remember when I only realized how handsome he was when I saw him on DS9, because his character was so annoying on Twin Peaks! ), and Minister Jaro Essa (Frank Langella - former Dracula! still attractive as an older guy)... and even general Krim is not bad Or the colonel what's-his-name, played by Steven Weber (even though he's not my type). Tahna Los from "Past Prologue" annoyed me, but he was played by a good-looking actor (Jeffrey Nordling, who was in "Once and Again" with Billy Campbell, Sela Ward and Susanna Thompson), and even the jerk from "A Man Alone" who lead the lynch crowd against Odo was played by a quite handsome actor.

Oh, and of course, I have to say I found BajoranDukat hot - sure, nothing beats CardassianDukat, but I wouldn't kick the "Anjohl" version out of bed, either! But I guess he doesn't count, since he was fake...

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2009, 09:26 PM   #79
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

BajoranDukat was creepy.

But, if you want to see a neat-looking Marc Alaimo pic, here's one for ya. It's rare to find one of him looking this relaxed...everybody say "awwwwww!"

http://mario.lapam.mo.it/ds9/gifs/MarcAlaimo02.jpg

(Though sadly, what's in the background--all I can hear in my head is Will Smith saying, "Oh yeah, hire an interior decorator to come here quick, cuz...damn." )
Old August 24 2009, 10:02 PM   #80
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
BajoranDukat was creepy.
I dunno, I still wouldn't kick him out of bed.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old August 24 2009, 11:12 PM   #81
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Eww. "Creepy" means you're not getting in my bed, period.
Old August 24 2009, 11:18 PM   #82
JustKate
Rear Admiral

^ I gotta agree. For me, it's pretty much the antithesis of "sexy." It's like anti-sex-appeal.
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2009, 11:21 PM   #83
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

I know.

I just wish they'd dressed Macet up in a modern uniform so I could do some guilt-free Cardassian admiration.

However, I DID find this, that was apparently a sketch made when the new Cardassian uniforms were first being designed. The interesting thing to me is that not only is that Macet's facial features...even the mannerisms still say "Macet" to me and not "Dukat." (He still seems too matter-of-fact to be Dukat...and that's a trait I associate more with Macet.)

http://www.ottens.co.uk/forgottentre...9/ds9_93-2.png

Thought you might enjoy that eye candy!
Old August 24 2009, 11:25 PM   #84
JustKate
Rear Admiral

I'll have to check it from home - for some reason, my work PC is saying this site is verbotten, but since I know you wouldn't send me anywhere iffy, Nerys, I'm sure it's just a peculiarity of our system here. One of many peculiarities, I have noticed. But even our system surely can't object to Cardassian eye candy...
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2009, 11:28 PM   #85
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

^ Yep. Our computers have decided that Cardassian eye candy is a guilty and forbidden pleasure.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old August 24 2009, 11:29 PM   #86
Vulcan Princess
Rear Admiral

View Vulcan Princess's Twitter Profile

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
I've been rewatching DS9 these days, and I couldn't help noticing how many good-looking male Bajorans appeared in season 1 and 2, although don't often hear it because none of them were main characters. Of course, it's a matter of casting attractive actors, since the nose hardly makes any difference (although I like the ridged nose ).

In the Circle trilogy, which I've just rewatched, there's not just Bareil, but Li Nalas (Richard Beymer - I remember when I only realized how handsome he was when I saw him on DS9, because his character was so annoying on Twin Peaks! ), and Minister Jaro Essa (Frank Langella - former Dracula! still attractive as an older guy)... and even general Krim is not bad Or the colonel what's-his-name, played by Steven Weber (even though he's not my type). Tahna Los from "Past Prologue" annoyed me, but he was played by a good-looking actor (Jeffrey Nordling, who was in "Once and Again" with Billy Campbell, Sela Ward and Susanna Thompson), and even the jerk from "A Man Alone" who lead the lynch crowd against Odo was played by a quite handsome actor.

Oh, and of course, I have to say I found BajoranDukat hot - sure, nothing beats CardassianDukat, but I wouldn't kick the "Anjohl" version out of bed, either! But I guess he doesn't count, since he was fake...
I totally agree with you about Bajoran men. While I think Bareil was the best looking of the bunch, the rest of them weren't that bad, either. (Dukat as a fake Bajoran was really creepy and thus unattractive, though.) I thought Vedek Sorad (the Vedek who tagged along in Sanctuary to reject the Skreean's request to move to Bajor) was pretty attractive. http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Sorad
Old August 24 2009, 11:32 PM   #87
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Lemme try another link...this might work better:

http://www.ottens.co.uk/forgottentrek/ds9_7.php

Ignore the godawful abominations you see first, as you scroll down the right-hand side of the page. Instead, click on the right-hand pic in the 2nd row down, and that'll go to the pic I was trying to show you.

I think some sites just get cranky when you try to link straight to a picture and not to the whole page that pic comes from. Lemme know if that works better!
Old August 24 2009, 11:40 PM   #88
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Lemme try another link...this might work better:

http://www.ottens.co.uk/forgottentrek/ds9_7.php

Ignore the godawful abominations you see first, as you scroll down the right-hand side of the page. Instead, click on the right-hand pic in the 2nd row down, and that'll go to the pic I was trying to show you.

I think some sites just get cranky when you try to link straight to a picture and not to the whole page that pic comes from. Lemme know if that works better!
I don't know what you are talking about - the only pic on the right hand side in the 2nd row down is this, and something tells me it is not going to win any Most attractive alien polls?

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old August 24 2009, 11:47 PM   #89
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

FRAK! It still doesn't work???

OK...I'm about to do something a little sneaky. Tinypic, here I come...

And now, ladies and men who swing that way--I give you for your enjoyment: Gul Macet, in modern uniform!

Old August 25 2009, 09:29 AM   #90
Mr. Scott
Commander

All the actors they chose to play Bajorans have been what I call "beautiful people". People who would invite you to their homes in the Hamptons and let you swig synthale and ride the yacht.
Mr. Scott is offline   Reply With Quote