Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: Most attractive alien races? (you can pick more than 1)
Vulcan 70 63.06%
Romulan (TOS) 37 33.33%
Romulan (modern) 15 13.51%
Klingon (TOS) 1 0.90%
Klingon (modern) 11 9.91%
Cardassian 28 25.23%
Bajoran 44 39.64%
Trill 46 41.44%
Betazoid 27 24.32%
Orion 29 26.13%
Deltan 17 15.32%
Andorian 25 22.52%
Ocampa 10 9.01%
Vorta 15 13.51%
Borg 4 3.60%
Bolian 0 0%
Caitian 5 4.50%
Devore 1 0.90%
Kazon 0 0%
Denobulan 1 0.90%
Ferengi 0 0%
Changeling 4 3.60%
Android (of the Soong variety) 3 2.70%
other 9 8.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 27 2009, 05:30 PM   #61
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: Most attractive Trek alien races?

PSGarak wrote: View Post
Alaimo is someone who has actually improved with age. I remember him playing a heavy on lots of mid-'70's to early '80's TV shows. The long, shaggy hair look wasn't his best. It took me a while to realize who he was when he was playing Gul Dukat. I didn't recognize the name, but man, you'd never forget the voice.
Is that look really anyone's best? The 70s were really a decade of awful hairstyles.

I like this pic with short hair that I found online. Apparently it's from an early 70s episode of the show "Nancy Drew Mysteries" and he played a character called... The Masked Man! Why are some actors always typecast as villains?

Oh and BTW I watched a really crappy late 80s B-movie called "Arena" on Youtube a couple of days ago, only because it has Alaimo and Armin Shimerman in it (and Claudia Christian from B5!) It's a typical cliche-ridden sports story about a good fighter (a dumb-looking strapping blond lead) in the world of shady sports business - the only difference being that it's sort of SF - some of the characters are aliens, including most of the wrestlers who are huge monsters, and the hero is the first human to challenge the stronger species. No surprises there when it comes to casting - Christian is the tough but honest female lead, Alaimo is the main villain - evil shady sports promoter, and Shimerman, in a really ugly mask, is his weesel-like henchman called... Weezil! Alaimo's character has silvery skin and long dark hair and acts a bit Dukat-like. I liked the look. Hot in of sort of Goth-android way (though I suppose the character is meant to be an alien)

my Buffy/Angel rewatch

Last edited by DevilEyes; July 28 2009 at 10:58 AM.
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2009, 06:01 PM   #62
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

PSGarak wrote: View Post
Alaimo is someone who has actually improved with age.
I'd say I agree.

But then again, it seems most of the guys I find most attractive (with exceptions like Alexander Siddig, who I found attractive, and Cirroc Lofton who IS still older than I am, but not by much) tend to be older. For instance, in the most recent movie, I seemed to ignore all the guys that were getting most of the buzz and went straight for Christopher Pike [Bruce Greenwood]. I think it's a combination of looks and gravitas, personally. (Which I much prefer to the immaturity I often see in younger men and the roles they play in TV/movies.)

DevilEyes--Sorry I misunderstood! It's just that my first reaction when I saw that description was kind of an "Awwwwww, that's harsh! " one. But I totally agree about being freaked out on the idea of a Gattaca future or where it looks like everybody's been Photoshopped. Some of that almost goes into "uncanny valley" territory to me.
Old July 27 2009, 09:08 PM   #63
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Mojochi wrote: View Post
I'm surprised Trill & Betazoid aren't doing better. I guess I'm just boring, & like them looking like a Human
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/me...8mirror%29.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/me...Kell_Perim.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/me...a_Dax_kiss.jpg
Images changed to links. Host them yourself if you want to use image tags.
Old July 27 2009, 10:16 PM   #64
PSGarak
Fleet Captain

^^ I swing both ways, but I've also usually been drawn to people older than I am. I have to say way back in the day, Louise Fletcher was smokin' hot, and I still think she has gorgeous eyes.

^^^ And dayum, great pics of Alaimo!
Old August 1 2009, 12:10 AM   #65
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

Bumpage.

A few more pics to justify the post:

a Vulcan (what's up with the eyebrows? Not very Vulcan )

a Klingon

a Cardie-Bajoran

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old August 2 2009, 07:43 PM   #66
ZMistress
Lieutenant Commander

I'm one of the few who voted for the Borg. I can't really say why and contrary to what was suggested I'm not remotely into BDSM.
It probably has to do with my love for Hugh (really, I could have hugged the little guy to death) that spread to all his fellow Borg. Over time I just stopped minding the grey skin and black tubes and then I realized one day that I like their look.

Another big vote goes to the Cardassians. The reasons have been stated before by others here and I'd only have to repeat what they said.

I also voted for Vulcans, Vorta and Andorians.
Old August 2 2009, 09:02 PM   #67
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

ZMistress wrote: View Post
I'm one of the few who voted for the Borg. I can't really say why and contrary to what was suggested I'm not remotely into BDSM.
It probably has to do with my love for Hugh (really, I could have hugged the little guy to death) that spread to all his fellow Borg. Over time I just stopped minding the grey skin and black tubes and then I realized one day that I like their look.
The Borg don't really seem like potentially good BDSM partners. Or any other kind of sexual activity. Maybe the Queen would be, but the rest of them of them are just sexless drones while they're in the collective.

If I were to guess to which races could get really kinky, I'd suspect the Vulcans, especially in Pon Farr mood (you gotta let out the steam some time, after you've been logical and suppresing emotions all day long); some of the Cardassians quite probably; maybe Romulans, too; Trills seem open-minded to all sorts of things; judging by the Intendant, the Bajorans can be kinky, too. The Klingons might not be into BDSM, but they 'normal' sex is already rough stuff by human standards.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old August 8 2009, 12:15 AM   #68
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

Pix found somewhere online:

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old August 8 2009, 12:39 AM   #69
Rackon
Commander

marylizz wrote: View Post
DevilEyes wrote: View Post
TOS Romulans (I don't like the new look. AT ALL. )

I always thought Mark Lenard was so handsome, in both his roles.
Without the makeup, he's not so attractive. You're right that the alien makeup can add to the appeal.
I met Mark a couple times IRL and thought he was a handsome devil...beautiful voice and lovely manners too, which only added to the charm.

Don't care for the picture, but adored ML as Sarek and he made a pretty handsome a Rom too. I hated when TNG added those stupid ridges to the Rommies.

I do find Vulcan men VERY sexy Usually tall and dark...intelligent...responsible...with all those "mastered" emotions roiling underneath...plus Vulcans have superior strength, endurance and cardio-vascular systems...and they're touch telepaths...lots of interesting erotic possibilities there
Rackon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2009, 12:42 AM   #70
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

Rackon wrote: View Post

Don't care for the picture, but adored ML as Sarek and he made a pretty handsome a Rom too. I hated when TNG added those stupid ridges to the Rommies.
Tell me about it! I hate the new Romulan makeup!

Rackon wrote: View Post
I do find Vulcan men VERY sexy Usually tall and dark...intelligent...responsible...with all those "mastered" emotions roiling underneath...plus Vulcans have superior strength, endurance and cardio-vascular systems...and they're touch telepaths...lots of interesting erotic possibilities there
^ This.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old August 8 2009, 03:36 PM   #71
KobayashiMaru13
Captain

View KobayashiMaru13's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to KobayashiMaru13

TOS Rommies (NOOO RIDGES!) and Vulcans. You people know that rommies and vulcans look EXACTLY ALIKE without ridges (theyre there to distinguish them from vulcans) right? then again, vulcans act as almost polar opposites from the rommies, so i guess it depends on what you find sexy about their personalities.

oh, i picked the vorta too. i wasnt a fan of yelgrun's looks (played by iggy pop) though.

i like pointy eared aliens i guess.

oh, and i picked andriods. i looooved data!
KobayashiMaru13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2009, 03:55 PM   #72
Evil_Kirkneivel
Lieutenant Commander

I'm attracted to any alien females that have their clothes designed by Bill Theiss.
Old August 14 2009, 07:00 AM   #73
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

bump

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old August 14 2009, 07:10 AM   #74
Barchester
Ensign

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Barchester

For me it's a tie between Cardassian and Bajoran women. Both races have something incredibly sexy about them, although I'm not entirely sure why. Must be the necks or the noses, respectively.
Barchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2009, 02:48 PM   #75
Misfit Toy
Caped Trek Mod

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
bump
As I said in the other thread, "Don't bump threads like this please. It can be considered spamming.

Threads on a BBS live and die at their own pace. There's no need to administer artificial resucitation. "