Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old August 31 2009, 02:03 AM   #166
tenmei
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Tesseract

Omega? Interesting. Not sure I trust these Tyndora, though. Keep up the good work.
tenmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2009, 02:51 AM   #167
Gibraltar
Rear Admiral

Nice to see Icheb and Maren at least being civil to one another. Working together without drama is a good start... baby steps.

And now we see what will be the first of what I presume to be a great many First Contacts for the Tesseract. Here's hoping everyone minds their manners.
Old August 31 2009, 03:08 AM   #168
Warp Rider
Lieutenant Commander

Very interesting these Tyndora, I wonder how things are going to go during their talks.

Also I like how Icheb and Maren finally broke the ice a little more. Maybe next time they won't be so... hostile, towards each other. :3
Old August 31 2009, 07:50 AM   #169
CaptainSarine
Commander

Another great chapter - an intriguing addition to the 'Mystery of the Destroyed Borg' and a new race to meet and greet. I couldn't tell from the chapter whether that second section is happening much later: I hope Icheb has had time to regenerate before he starts to go looney tunes!

Also, great work on the Icheb and Maren relationship, really realistic and well written. Can't wait for the next installment
CaptainSarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2009, 12:49 PM   #170
kes7
Fleet Captain

CaptainSarine wrote: View Post
Another great chapter - an intriguing addition to the 'Mystery of the Destroyed Borg' and a new race to meet and greet. I couldn't tell from the chapter whether that second section is happening much later: I hope Icheb has had time to regenerate before he starts to go looney tunes!
Nope, same time. No rest for the weary. Anybody else could probably handle it, but Icheb in his present condition is not like anybody else. Unfortunately, only one other person and a hologram have any idea about that.

Also, great work on the Icheb and Maren relationship, really realistic and well written. Can't wait for the next installment
Thanks!
kes7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2009, 12:58 PM   #171
CaptainSarine
Commander

Ouch! He's going to be suffering... I like it!

Ooh, mysterious! Can't wait to find out exactly what is going on with him.

When can we have more? please ma'am, some more?

I was wondering, actually, whether I could pick your brains on a writing query? How much do you have planned out on this in advance?

Oh, and you're welcome, it really is good solid writing! Keep it coming!
Old August 31 2009, 01:13 PM   #172
kes7
Fleet Captain

Yes, remember DS9 and "O'Brien must suffer?" This is "Icheb must suffer." (Just kidding ... well, kind of. )

Re: writing: There's a thread in this forum called "Starting Points" where a bunch of us discussed our writing processes (which are widely variant). You should check it out. I'm probably the most organized of the bunch (mostly to compensate for lack of raw storytelling talent, or at least my total inexperience with fiction writing!). I have an overall arc already planned and written in outline form. Little things may change from their original intention here or there as the story develops (at which point I update my outline to reflect the changes), but the outline is my lifeline. If I forget where I'm going, it's like a map. It also helps me not to drop loose ends.

Others in this forum just write as things come to them and it somehow all works out beautifully. These people are the gifted ones! I would end up with an incomprehensible mess if I tried that!

Seriously, "Starting Points" -- check it out.
Old August 31 2009, 01:45 PM   #173
CaptainSarine
Commander

Thanks for that, I've checked it out and posted my two cents on how I work. You'll see, I fall somewhere between the two extremes.

Well, can't wait for the next Tesseract installment!

Joel
Old August 31 2009, 02:18 PM   #174
Diogenes
Lieutenant

Hey there Kes7. Another great chapter. I've been looking forward to seeing the Captain interact with DQ species. And what will the Admiral have to say?...

Well, like the Vampire girl, Claudia, Oliver Twist, and the Borg, I want more!...

Thanks again Kes.
Diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2009, 07:10 PM   #175
kes7
Fleet Captain

Thank you, Diogenes!

ETA They're not quite in the DQ yet. I'm working on the assumption that there are presumably still species in the outer reaches of the AQ that we don't know about yet. Space is pretty big.
Old August 31 2009, 11:49 PM   #176
CeJay
Commodore

This is perhaps one of those times when you think that flying around in ship that looks like a Borg cube might not such a good idea after all. Nobody thought that it might lead to problems taking that thing into the Delta Quadrant? Really?

Personally, I don't think Starfleet should be in the business of trying to intimidate anyone, if that's what the designers were thinking here.

But I admit it does lead to some interesting misunderstandings and conflicts. And if there really are some Borg hunters out there, those conflcts could become rather tricky for our good folks on the Tesseract.

Don't mind my criticism too much. I enjoyed this chapter.

Proud Member of United Trek
CeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2009, 12:27 AM   #177
kes7
Fleet Captain

Deleted because sometimes I talk way too much! Sorry about that ....

Last edited by kes7; September 1 2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old September 1 2009, 04:29 PM   #178
CeJay
Commodore

kes7 wrote: View Post
Deleted because sometimes I talk way too much! Sorry about that ....

That's too bad.

I had a chance to glance over your reply earlier and before you deleted it and clearly you had given this particular issue plenty of thought.

Old September 1 2009, 04:51 PM   #179
kes7
Fleet Captain

Yes, but I think most of it will be revealed in the story at some point, so I hate to infodump in the thread when it will probably be rehashed eventually. Sorry about that. I have no filter between brain and keys sometimes, so I massively abuse the edit button. If you want to read it again, I could PM it to you (I saved it). Or if you think I should put it back up here, maybe I will ... I just hate to give too much away up front.

( <---- that's me, rolling my eyes at myself for being such a spaz.)
Old September 1 2009, 05:13 PM   #180
CeJay
Commodore

I don't think you should've deleted it but if you eventually explain things through the story itself then I glaldy wait until it is addressed that way.