Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old October 12 2009, 01:17 AM   #61
donners22
Commodore

Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

I'm interested in the limited edition with the Enterprise model disc-holder. I wonder how many it holds.
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.

http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager
donners22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 03:38 AM   #62
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

donners22 wrote: View Post
I'm interested in the limited edition with the Enterprise model disc-holder. I wonder how many it holds.
If it's the same as the one offered at Amazon.de, I think it holds just the three-disc Blu-Ray set (the discs fit inside the saucer.) However, I also remember seeing something about a similar offer for Oz which contained the two-disc DVD set.

Edit:

I think this is the Australian one.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."

Last edited by M'Sharak; October 12 2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: linkage
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 04:28 AM   #63
donners22
Commodore

^ Yes, that's it, thanks. If it's only 27cm in total, it certainly wouldn't hold much more than just this film.

Better off getting Blu-ray, which has additional features and is barely half the price. Limited edition or not, I don't want to pay an extra $30 for a little Enterprise model which takes up far more shelf space than the discs...
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.

http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager
donners22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 01:13 PM   #64
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

Paramount did a press screening of the Blu-ray.
Disc 2 has a preview review here:
http://trekmovie.com/2009/10/11/firs...n-screenshots/

Thanks Trekmovie.com!
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 04:40 PM   #65
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

View startrekrcks's Twitter Profile

fantastic stuff did you see the gag reel yet it is totally awesome
startrekrcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 06:20 PM   #66
Kpnuts
Commodore

I have heard that the Bluray rip is 720p...

I thought Bluray resolution was 1080p? ie. 1920 pixels wide in terms of resolution.

Is that not the case?
Kpnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 06:28 PM   #67
PhasersOnStun
Lieutenant Commander

Kpnuts wrote: View Post
I have heard that the Bluray rip is 720p...
I'm sure you heard wrong. I've not seen a single recent blu-ray for sale at a resolution lower than 1080p.
PhasersOnStun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 06:40 PM   #68
Kpnuts
Commodore

by rip I mean what's available for download online
Old October 12 2009, 07:00 PM   #69
PhasersOnStun
Lieutenant Commander

Ah....I see. Sorry, I've never downloaded a movie illegally.

However, why don't you go to this website:
http://www.fbi.gov/ and let them know that you'd like to steal Star Trek, and see if they'll help you out....

Sorry if that's smarmy, but I take intellectual property rights very seriously. This actually happened to me a few years ago: I am an administrator of the largest online Logic Pro users group. I asked a question about techniques for accomplishing some rather esoteric routing, and one of the posters, intending nothing but to be helpful, sent me a kracked PDF of my very own book! (obviously, he didn't realize I'd written it)

Needless to say, I explained the situation and he apologized and told me where he downloaded it (don't worry, I can be an ass, but I'm not so much of an ass that I held him responsible or tried to sue him or anything. ).

But please, please remember that there are people—and I don't mean rich people, I mean welders, propmasters, key grips, union workers, assistants, and so on—who rely on these movies (and music, books, and so on) to earn their regular living. Every sale, however small it may seem compared to the overall total, in the grand scheme means that Paramount will continue to make movies and hire those people to make them.

The internet is awesome. I love it. It allows us to interact with each other on an unprecedented level, allows artists and consumers of art to interact in profound and hopefully rewarding ways, and gives us amazing access to goods and services. I hate to sound like your dad (especially since I may not be old enough to be that!) but please (and not just with Star Trek, but in general) save up the money and buy the Blu-Ray or DVD, don't download it (or ANYTHING) illegally.

Thank you for reading. I'm getting off my soapbox now.
Old October 12 2009, 10:03 PM   #70
Kpnuts
Commodore

PhasersOnStun wrote: View Post
Ah....I see. Sorry, I've never downloaded a movie illegally.

However, why don't you go to this website:
http://www.fbi.gov/ and let them know that you'd like to steal Star Trek, and see if they'll help you out....

Sorry if that's smarmy, but I take intellectual property rights very seriously. This actually happened to me a few years ago: I am an administrator of the largest online Logic Pro users group. I asked a question about techniques for accomplishing some rather esoteric routing, and one of the posters, intending nothing but to be helpful, sent me a kracked PDF of my very own book! (obviously, he didn't realize I'd written it)

Needless to say, I explained the situation and he apologized and told me where he downloaded it (don't worry, I can be an ass, but I'm not so much of an ass that I held him responsible or tried to sue him or anything. ).

But please, please remember that there are people—and I don't mean rich people, I mean welders, propmasters, key grips, union workers, assistants, and so on—who rely on these movies (and music, books, and so on) to earn their regular living. Every sale, however small it may seem compared to the overall total, in the grand scheme means that Paramount will continue to make movies and hire those people to make them.

The internet is awesome. I love it. It allows us to interact with each other on an unprecedented level, allows artists and consumers of art to interact in profound and hopefully rewarding ways, and gives us amazing access to goods and services. I hate to sound like your dad (especially since I may not be old enough to be that!) but please (and not just with Star Trek, but in general) save up the money and buy the Blu-Ray or DVD, don't download it (or ANYTHING) illegally.

Thank you for reading. I'm getting off my soapbox now.

I really don't need you to be all preachy and tell me about the merits of buying things legally.

I asked a simple question about the resolution of Bluray. Nothing more, nothing less. Not that it's of any business of yours to know, but I intend to buy the Bluray and DVD, regardless of me bringing up online ripped copies.

Less of the condescending, unwanted attitude, particularly with a link to some website. Thanks.
Old October 12 2009, 11:32 PM   #71
Burek

For those interested in details, i made small blog post and Amazon collection of all FOUR different releases of ST 11... You can see any detail you need there. (Most ist true there, but details are details for those who are into it) See it here: Star-Trek-Movie-2009-on-DVD-Release-Date

[Link removed. - M']

Last edited by M'Sharak; October 13 2009 at 01:18 AM. Reason: uGLY Link text -- removal of solicitation link
Old October 13 2009, 01:28 AM   #72
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Burek wrote: View Post
For those interested in details, i made small blog post and Amazon collection of all FOUR different releases of ST 11... You can see any detail you need there. (Most ist true there, but details are details for those who are into it) See it here: Star-Trek-Movie-2009-on-DVD-Release-Date

[Link removed. - M']
Burek, your link has been removed because solicitation is not permitted under the board rules by which you agreed to abide when you registered here. Please don't do that again.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2009, 08:27 AM   #73
Lynn Minmay
Captain

How come the WORST movie of the summer (aka Transformers 2) gets an earlier release?

Didn't that crapfest open two months after Trek did?
Old October 13 2009, 04:49 PM   #74
PhasersOnStun
Lieutenant Commander

Lynn Minmay wrote: View Post
How come the WORST movie of the summer (aka Transformers 2) gets an earlier release?
I thought GI Joe was the worst movie of the summer?

I'm guessing it has to do with how long the movies were expected to last in the theater. Transformers 2 didn't have as long a run as Star Trek.
Old October 13 2009, 05:05 PM   #75
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

PhasersOnStun wrote: View Post
Lynn Minmay wrote: View Post
I thought GI Joe was the worst movie of the summer?
No way... They were both bad, but GI Joe was by far the lesser of two evils.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote