RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,397
Posts: 5,358,785
Members: 24,627
Currently online: 512
Newest member: space2050


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 5 2009, 09:01 PM   #166
GhostFaceSaint
Fleet Captain
 
GhostFaceSaint's Avatar
 
Location: On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Wow, to think you spotted something that small, like the last post said don't let it ruin your movie experience because it really isn't that important.
__________________
It is our destiny to explore the stars...
GhostFaceSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2009, 09:14 PM   #167
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

GhostFaceSaint wrote: View Post
Wow, to think you spotted something that small, like the last post said don't let it ruin your movie experience because it really isn't that important.
It isn't important.
I just wanted to prove that I don't see ghosts
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2009, 09:16 PM   #168
GhostFaceSaint
Fleet Captain
 
GhostFaceSaint's Avatar
 
Location: On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

ST-One wrote: View Post
GhostFaceSaint wrote: View Post
Wow, to think you spotted something that small, like the last post said don't let it ruin your movie experience because it really isn't that important.
It isn't important.
I just wanted to prove that I don't see ghosts
__________________
It is our destiny to explore the stars...
GhostFaceSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2009, 09:36 PM   #169
PixelMagic
Lieutenant Commander
 
PixelMagic's Avatar
 
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

There are also shots in the film where you can see the impulse engines through the underside of the Enterprise saucer. In the first trailer, for one frame you can see through to the other side of the Kelvin saucer. Not sure how these things happen, but they do.

Either way it doesn't matter.

ST-One, I am looking to model the JJprise, and was wondering if you could post orthos of the Enterprise from the Starship Simulator. In that Starship Simulator, can you get top, bottom, front, back, and side views?
PixelMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2009, 09:45 PM   #170
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

PixelMagic wrote: View Post
There are also shots in the film where you can see the impulse engines through the underside of the Enterprise saucer. In the first trailer, for one frame you can see through to the other side of the Kelvin saucer. Not sure how these things happen, but they do.

Either way it doesn't matter.

ST-One, I am looking to model the JJprise, and was wondering if you could post orthos of the Enterprise from the Starship Simulator. In that Starship Simulator, can you get top, bottom, front, back, and side views?
No, the views and moves are all pre-rendered (you can get some really good close-ups from certain parts of the ship though.)
But I don't have a BluRay drive in my PC, I only have a PS3.
Sorry, I'd love to provide screen-caps otherwise.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2009, 09:48 PM   #171
PixelMagic
Lieutenant Commander
 
PixelMagic's Avatar
 
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Ok, well thank you for that information anyway. I wish the moves weren't pre-rendered. Or at least, I wish the moves would allow ortho views.

Based on your observations, how accurate in shape would you say these are....

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...Enterprise.php

It's so frustrating they haven't released official blueprints or schematics of the new ships.
PixelMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2009, 10:02 PM   #172
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

PixelMagic wrote: View Post
Ok, well thank you for that information anyway. I wish the moves weren't pre-rendered. Or at least, I wish the moves would allow ortho views.

Based on your observations, how accurate in shape would you say these are....

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...Enterprise.php

It's so frustrating they haven't released official blueprints or schematics of the new ships.
There will probably be good ones in that technical manual that is supposed to be release next year (if it is still being made).

Those linked schematics look pretty close.
Though I'm sure they are not really accurate...

One thing though... that segmented bussard-collector cap is something Tobias Richter came up with for his version of that ship.
So far as I could see the cap is a smooth half globe (like on the TOS-version) with a metal structure underneath.
You can glimpse it a little here:
http://reboot.trekcaps.net/caps/Star...rTrek_8032.jpg
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2009, 11:54 PM   #173
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

ST-One wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
ST-One wrote: View Post

Of course that is not a mesh error!
You must think I'm quite the moron...

Well, I'm not (at least I'd like to think so ) and that IS a mesh error (a small one, but there it is):

I see what you're pointing out, both here and in the unmarked frames you linked above, but I think it'd take a pretty practiced eye even to spot it with the ship in motion. Granted, I only got to see the movie once on a big screen and probably missed quite a few of the finer details, but I'm not sure I would ever have noticed this if you hadn't brought it up. Guess I'll have to give it a try once my DVDs arrive.
Don't let it ruin the film for you though
I'll try not to let that happen.
__________________
Dinosaurs are just really, really big chickens.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2009, 12:49 AM   #174
Kpnuts
Commodore
 
Kpnuts's Avatar
 
Location: London
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

ST-One wrote: View Post
Kpnuts wrote: View Post
Are you kidding? You honestly think that's a mesh error?

That broken line of light on either side?

Ever think that it was meant to be that way... just like the light coming from underneath the nacelle caps was meant to be there?

No, it isn't a mesh error. This is ILM we're talking about. They wouldn't let such a glaring mistake get past them. Of course it's meant to be like that!
Of course that is not a mesh error!
You must think I'm quite the moron...

Well, I'm not (at least I'd like to think so ) and that IS a mesh error (a small one, but there it is):


Did you honestly expect people to see that dodgy dot with the initial description you gave?
Kpnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2009, 01:34 AM   #175
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Yeah, I'm looking at this "error" and thinking... "really?"
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2009, 08:35 AM   #176
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Kpnuts wrote: View Post
ST-One wrote: View Post
Kpnuts wrote: View Post
Are you kidding? You honestly think that's a mesh error?

That broken line of light on either side?

Ever think that it was meant to be that way... just like the light coming from underneath the nacelle caps was meant to be there?

No, it isn't a mesh error. This is ILM we're talking about. They wouldn't let such a glaring mistake get past them. Of course it's meant to be like that!
Of course that is not a mesh error!
You must think I'm quite the moron...

Well, I'm not (at least I'd like to think so ) and that IS a mesh error (a small one, but there it is):


Did you honestly expect people to see that dodgy dot with the initial description you gave?
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Yeah, I'm looking at this "error" and thinking... "really?"
I'm sorry for having noticed and mentioned it here.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2009, 11:51 AM   #177
Clancy_s
Lieutenant Commander
 
Clancy_s's Avatar
 
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

GhostFaceSaint wrote: View Post
Wow, to think you spotted something that small, like the last post said don't let it ruin your movie experience because it really isn't that important.
It didn't and won't

ST-One wrote: View Post
It isn't important.
I just wanted to prove that I don't see ghosts
You don't and you have excellent eyesight: did you have to single frame the movie to see it?

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Yeah, I'm looking at this "error" and thinking... "really?"
It was below my visual threshold certainly.
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2009, 12:04 PM   #178
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Clancy_s wrote: View Post
You don't and you have excellent eyesight: did you have to single frame the movie to see it?
Nope.
It isn't called 'motion picture' for nothing.
When I watch a movie, I watch a movie and not a slide-show.
Besides, the flickering nature of that particular little, tiny mesh-error is mostly only noticeable in motion.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2009, 08:34 PM   #179
Devon
Fleet Captain
 
Devon's Avatar
 
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Just wondering, I did notice a print ad for the DVD at Wal*Mart. I wonder when a full campaign is coming.
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2009, 03:59 AM   #180
Michael Chris
Admiral
 
Location: The 'Querq, NM
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

ST-One wrote: View Post
Flake wrote: View Post
That is not a mesh error, it is the left falange.
I know a mesh error when I see it, and that is one, trust me
I'm panicking! This Enterprise doesn't even have a falange!
__________________
To live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Michael Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
blu-ray, dvd

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.