RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,555
Posts: 5,401,612
Members: 24,861
Currently online: 529
Newest member: bunty2

TrekToday headlines

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 4 2009, 08:38 AM   #136
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

That movie looks great in HD

BTW: Is it just me, or did they indeed fix the shot on the Narada where we saw Ayel's gun lying on that bridge, from which Kirk was hanging, even before Kirk took it from Ayel?

Did anyone notice that the CG-model of the Enterprise has a nasty little error on the impulse engine-thingy/spine, along those glowy stripes, on the saucer's topside? I noticed it in cinema already (it's very noticable at the end before the Enterprise jumps to warp) and got it confirmed in that Starship-simulator on the second Blu-Ray.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 08:45 AM   #137
Tom Servo
Commodore
 
Tom Servo's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

ST-One wrote: View Post
That movie looks great in HD

BTW: Is it just me, or did they indeed fix the shot on the Narada where we saw Ayel's gun lying on that bridge, from which Kirk was hanging, even before Kirk took it from Ayel?

Did anyone notice that the CG-model of the Enterprise has a nasty little error on the impulse engine-thingy/spine, along those glowy stripes, on the saucer's topside? I noticed it in cinema already (it's very noticable at the end before the Enterprise jumps to warp) and got it confirmed in that Starship-simulator on the second Blu-Ray.
What do you mean by error? A mesh error?
__________________
"I like this ship! It's exciting!"-Scotty "Star Trek"

Member of Red Sox Nation
Tom Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 09:02 AM   #138
MvRojo
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Tom Servo wrote: View Post
ST-One wrote: View Post
That movie looks great in HD

BTW: Is it just me, or did they indeed fix the shot on the Narada where we saw Ayel's gun lying on that bridge, from which Kirk was hanging, even before Kirk took it from Ayel?

Did anyone notice that the CG-model of the Enterprise has a nasty little error on the impulse engine-thingy/spine, along those glowy stripes, on the saucer's topside? I noticed it in cinema already (it's very noticable at the end before the Enterprise jumps to warp) and got it confirmed in that Starship-simulator on the second Blu-Ray.
What do you mean by error? A mesh error?
When Kirk jumps from the upper level to the lower level, there's an overhead shot with Ayel's weapon clearly lying on the walkway.
MvRojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 09:09 AM   #139
Tom Servo
Commodore
 
Tom Servo's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

MvRojo wrote: View Post
Tom Servo wrote: View Post
ST-One wrote: View Post
That movie looks great in HD

BTW: Is it just me, or did they indeed fix the shot on the Narada where we saw Ayel's gun lying on that bridge, from which Kirk was hanging, even before Kirk took it from Ayel?

Did anyone notice that the CG-model of the Enterprise has a nasty little error on the impulse engine-thingy/spine, along those glowy stripes, on the saucer's topside? I noticed it in cinema already (it's very noticable at the end before the Enterprise jumps to warp) and got it confirmed in that Starship-simulator on the second Blu-Ray.
What do you mean by error? A mesh error?
When Kirk jumps from the upper level to the lower level, there's an overhead shot with Ayel's weapon clearly lying on the walkway.
No, no I get that. And yes, it seems they did fix it, looking over that scene now. I'll give them credit for catching that, and making an effort to fix it.

He referred to an error on the Enterprise, along the impulse spine. Thats the error I was referring to.
__________________
"I like this ship! It's exciting!"-Scotty "Star Trek"

Member of Red Sox Nation
Tom Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 09:10 AM   #140
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

MvRojo wrote: View Post
Tom Servo wrote: View Post
ST-One wrote: View Post
That movie looks great in HD

BTW: Is it just me, or did they indeed fix the shot on the Narada where we saw Ayel's gun lying on that bridge, from which Kirk was hanging, even before Kirk took it from Ayel?

Did anyone notice that the CG-model of the Enterprise has a nasty little error on the impulse engine-thingy/spine, along those glowy stripes, on the saucer's topside? I noticed it in cinema already (it's very noticable at the end before the Enterprise jumps to warp) and got it confirmed in that Starship-simulator on the second Blu-Ray.
What do you mean by error? A mesh error?
When Kirk jumps from the upper level to the lower level, there's an overhead shot with Ayel's weapon clearly lying on the walkway.
Then I must have looked a the wrong shot.
I haven't seen the weapon in the overhead shot before Ayel jumps after him.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 09:11 AM   #141
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Tom Servo wrote: View Post
MvRojo wrote: View Post
Tom Servo wrote: View Post

What do you mean by error? A mesh error?
When Kirk jumps from the upper level to the lower level, there's an overhead shot with Ayel's weapon clearly lying on the walkway.
No, no I get that. And yes, it seems they did fix it, looking over that scene now. I'll give them credit for catching that, and making an effort to fix it.

He referred to an error on the Enterprise, along the impulse spine. Thats the error I was referring to.
Ah, good. So I haven't a problem with my eyes
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 09:12 AM   #142
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Tom Servo wrote: View Post
ST-One wrote: View Post
That movie looks great in HD

BTW: Is it just me, or did they indeed fix the shot on the Narada where we saw Ayel's gun lying on that bridge, from which Kirk was hanging, even before Kirk took it from Ayel?

Did anyone notice that the CG-model of the Enterprise has a nasty little error on the impulse engine-thingy/spine, along those glowy stripes, on the saucer's topside? I noticed it in cinema already (it's very noticable at the end before the Enterprise jumps to warp) and got it confirmed in that Starship-simulator on the second Blu-Ray.
What do you mean by error? A mesh error?
Yeah, a mesh error.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 09:16 AM   #143
Tom Servo
Commodore
 
Tom Servo's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

ST-One wrote: View Post
MvRojo wrote: View Post
Tom Servo wrote: View Post

What do you mean by error? A mesh error?
When Kirk jumps from the upper level to the lower level, there's an overhead shot with Ayel's weapon clearly lying on the walkway.
Then I must have looked a the wrong shot.
I haven't seen the weapon in the overhead shot before Ayel jumps after him.
I have two copies of the film...from unnamed sources...

The one showing the theatrical version has the weapon laying on the platform in the overhead shot.

In the version from the DVD...the weapon is gone. They did indeed fix that shot.

And Im looking at the last scene of the Enterprise now, and I can't see anything resembling an error. What specifically do you see?
__________________
"I like this ship! It's exciting!"-Scotty "Star Trek"

Member of Red Sox Nation
Tom Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 09:30 AM   #144
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

ST-One wrote: View Post
Did anyone notice that the CG-model of the Enterprise has a nasty little error on the impulse engine-thingy/spine, along those glowy stripes, on the saucer's topside? I noticed it in cinema already (it's very noticable at the end before the Enterprise jumps to warp) and got it confirmed in that Starship-simulator on the second Blu-Ray.
You mean this?
__________________
The motto of the Corbettite Order seems to be Ite Animose... a Latin phrase that can be translated as "go courageously." Alternatively, it can be rendered as "boldly go," which bears a striking resemblance to a phrase heard during the opening credits of a certain popular television series.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 09:32 AM   #145
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Tom Servo wrote: View Post
ST-One wrote: View Post
MvRojo wrote: View Post

When Kirk jumps from the upper level to the lower level, there's an overhead shot with Ayel's weapon clearly lying on the walkway.
Then I must have looked a the wrong shot.
I haven't seen the weapon in the overhead shot before Ayel jumps after him.
I have two copies of the film...from unnamed sources...

The one showing the theatrical version has the weapon laying on the platform in the overhead shot.

In the version from the DVD...the weapon is gone. They did indeed fix that shot.

And Im looking at the last scene of the Enterprise now, and I can't see anything resembling an error. What specifically do you see?
On the BluRay version the gun os also gone.

Look at the impulse-spine (or whatever it could be called), there are three glowing stripes and on the middle one there is a very noticable flickering (no lense flare ) above.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 09:35 AM   #146
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
ST-One wrote: View Post
Did anyone notice that the CG-model of the Enterprise has a nasty little error on the impulse engine-thingy/spine, along those glowy stripes, on the saucer's topside? I noticed it in cinema already (it's very noticable at the end before the Enterprise jumps to warp) and got it confirmed in that Starship-simulator on the second Blu-Ray.
You mean this?
Yeah, that's the scene.
Once the pylon clears the view of that part of the ship again the error becomes very visible.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 09:36 AM   #147
ST-One
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Germany - with UHC since the early 1900s
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

It's a very minor thing, btw.
Nothing that takes away anything from that movie
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 05:09 PM   #148
jefferiestubes8
Commodore
 
Location: New York City
pirating & FCC/Paramount

jefferiestubes8 wrote: View Post
Well I guess the illegal filesharers will have this by October 30 and the M.P.A.A. will be up in arms.
ars tecnica has an article up today titled:
http://arstechnica.com/telecom/news/...rek-stolen.ars
mentioned:
Five million people downloaded copies of J.J. Abrams' Star Trek movie since it opened in theaters, and it's not even on DVD yet.
ars technical has an article up today titled:
5 million Star Trek pirates vs. 1 FCC broadband plan
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 06:37 PM   #149
Michael Chris
Admiral
 
Location: The 'Querq, NM
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

ST-One wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
ST-One wrote: View Post
Did anyone notice that the CG-model of the Enterprise has a nasty little error on the impulse engine-thingy/spine, along those glowy stripes, on the saucer's topside? I noticed it in cinema already (it's very noticable at the end before the Enterprise jumps to warp) and got it confirmed in that Starship-simulator on the second Blu-Ray.
You mean this?
Yeah, that's the scene.
Once the pylon clears the view of that part of the ship again the error becomes very visible.
I don't mean this in any mean way at all I'm just seriously curious. What are you talking about? I don't see anything.
__________________
To live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Michael Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 06:55 PM   #150
Sector 7
Rear Admiral
 
Sector 7's Avatar
 
Location: McCrory/Hitler's Republic of North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Well I feel bad about this (not really) but I recently got one of those external disk drives that you can kook up into a laptop for about $80 and well it has a very interesting feature

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/o...untitled-2.jpg

Isn't technology wonderful?
Please post or PM me details on your disk drive, as I am looking for one to buy. Your price is much better than what I have seen so far, especially for Blu-ray capability.
__________________
“When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.” -Pres. Obama
"A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon." -Pres. Clinton
Sector 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
blu-ray, dvd

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.