RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,211
Posts: 5,404,647
Members: 24,758
Currently online: 670
Newest member: ashlynnbrooke80

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Time’s Orphan
By: Michelle on Aug 30

September-October Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Lee Passes
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 1 2010, 11:05 PM   #1
propita
Rear Admiral
 
Location: fresno, ca, us
TOS blue-ray at Bestbuy ($39.99)

I didn't see a thread on this sale.

Hubby saw the ad yesterday (thank god I bought the paper) and said, "Well, is it just season 3 or all of them?" The ad only mentioned season three--it's all of them. Each at $39.99!

For whatever reason, the package of all three is NOT marked down, but still well over $200.

So here I am, waiting for seasons 2 and 3, with season 1 on backorder.

About time!!!
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2010, 06:04 AM   #2
wws
Commander
 
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Re: TOS blue-ray at Bestbuy ($39.99)

Check Amazon, they have them on sale for about the same price.

best wishes,
wws
wws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2010, 06:12 AM   #3
RobertScorpio
Pariah
 
Location: San Diego
Re: TOS blue-ray at Bestbuy ($39.99)

propita wrote: View Post
I didn't see a thread on this sale.

Hubby saw the ad yesterday (thank god I bought the paper) and said, "Well, is it just season 3 or all of them?" The ad only mentioned season three--it's all of them. Each at $39.99!

For whatever reason, the package of all three is NOT marked down, but still well over $200.

So here I am, waiting for seasons 2 and 3, with season 1 on backorder.

About time!!!
thanks for tip!!! on my way!!

Ro
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2010, 10:45 PM   #4
Aragorn
Admiral
 
Aragorn's Avatar
 
Re: TOS blue-ray at Bestbuy ($39.99)

Has anyone seen this on Blu? Is it much of an improvement? There's a lot of stuff being thrown out on Blu that they don't even bother to upgrade (Highlander) just to capitalize on people buying Blu.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2010, 03:48 AM   #5
Hober Mallow
Commodore
 
Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy
Re: TOS blue-ray at Bestbuy ($39.99)

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Has anyone seen this on Blu? Is it much of an improvement? There's a lot of stuff being thrown out on Blu that they don't even bother to upgrade (Highlander) just to capitalize on people buying Blu.
I've got all three seasons. Not to put to fine a point on it, but it's to f***ing die for. The HD is absolutely astonishing.
__________________
"Beep... beep!" --Captain Pike
Hober Mallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2010, 05:00 AM   #6
RobertScorpio
Pariah
 
Location: San Diego
Re: TOS blue-ray at Bestbuy ($39.99)

I agree...i just got season three..CANT FIND SEASON TWO DAMMIT!!!...but yes, I just watched the ENTERPRISE INCIDENT with my six year old son...was great!! Im going to start a topic on ENTERPRISE INCIDENT, so look for it in TOS forum..

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2010, 09:45 AM   #7
Aragorn
Admiral
 
Aragorn's Avatar
 
Re: TOS blue-ray at Bestbuy ($39.99)

Well I placed my orders at Best Buy for in-store pickup and used Bing to get some of the tax money back.

How many years did the DVD season sets for all five shows stay at $100? I'm surprised at this sales price.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2010, 03:05 PM   #8
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: TOS blue-ray at Bestbuy ($39.99)

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Aragorn wrote: View Post
Has anyone seen this on Blu? Is it much of an improvement? There's a lot of stuff being thrown out on Blu that they don't even bother to upgrade (Highlander) just to capitalize on people buying Blu.
I've got all three seasons. Not to put to fine a point on it, but it's to f***ing die for. The HD is absolutely astonishing.
This. The show is absolutely stunning in HD.
__________________
"I tell you what you all need, you need to take a thirteenth step, down off your high horse." - Hank Hill, King of the Hill
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.