Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old July 9 2009, 11:47 PM   #46
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: KFC

I am eating KFC right now, and it is delicious.
Old July 10 2009, 12:02 AM   #47
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

This was a grade-A rant.
Old July 10 2009, 12:46 AM   #48
RoJoHen
Awesome

I may have just eaten 7 of the 10 pieces of my meal and 1.5 tubs of mashed potatoes all by myself.
Old July 10 2009, 01:02 AM   #49
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

Mike Farley wrote: View Post
[pesci]Never go through the drive-thru, always walk up to the counter. You want to know why? Okay, okay, okay...They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got fucked! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care.[/pesci]
Thank you! I'd forgotten that one.

sidious618 wrote: View Post
This was a grade-A rant.
It has a certain class that separates it from the ranting herd.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2009, 02:28 AM   #50
Shatmandu
Vice Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
Wow you're angry.
You don't know the half of it. While composing the response below, my furious typing caused me to knock over my can of Cherry Coke Zero. It spilled all over my desk, mousepad, and a spindle of CDs/DVDs.
And you're bleating about KFC workers making mistakes? At least they didn't dump Coke all over the place.

Maybe you should apply there, to learn some grace.

Joe, finger-licked
Shatmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2009, 03:02 AM   #51
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Shatmandu wrote: View Post
Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
Wow you're angry.
You don't know the half of it. While composing the response below, my furious typing caused me to knock over my can of Cherry Coke Zero. It spilled all over my desk, mousepad, and a spindle of CDs/DVDs.
And you're bleating about KFC workers making mistakes? At least they didn't dump Coke all over the place.

Joe, finger-licked

Maybe YOU should mind your own business.

Yoda, comfortable and furious
Old July 10 2009, 03:15 AM   #52
freak
Commodore

I will say this about KFC: their grilled chicken isn't what it looks like on the commercial! On the commercial, it looks juicy and yummy, yet when you bring it home it's a box of grease. How the hell are you supposed to eat a box of grease!? It ain't worth the what $10 or more you spend on it. Plus our KFC here sucks bigtime! And where I used to work, the Sonic over there never got your orders correct. I always brought stuff to the boss and it was WRONG..even though he still ate it. He'll eat anything. LOL!
Old July 10 2009, 03:16 AM   #53
RoJoHen
Awesome

I honestly think the grilled chicken looks dry and bland in the commercials.
Old July 10 2009, 03:38 PM   #54
MANT!
Rear Admiral

Worst service EVER by a fast food joint in my lifetime, At one point where I worked was 7 minutes from the nearest fast food joint..we had 30 minutes for lunch, if one timed it right, one could get to the drive through ahead of the crowd, get your order and return, scarff down the meal and get to work full and satisified..however, one day I drove through the drive through, picked up my meal a bit late (they were slow that day) drove like a bat outta Hell, sat down opened my "burger" and found ..just a bun, no meat, no pickles etc..my fries were the only part of the meal that was edible..

After a Google search, I emailed their corporate office,the regional office and their district office with my complaint, and gave them the receipt number...

I got 10 free meals from BK for that mistake..and you'd better believe I got the most expensive thing on the menu each time...
Old July 10 2009, 03:42 PM   #55
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Among fast-food fried chicken, KFC original recipe is still my favorite - Roy Rogers' is second.

Never had any particular problem with KFC orders being fowled up.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2009, 04:10 PM   #56
Shatmandu
Vice Admiral

Joe, finger-licked

Maybe YOU should mind your own business.

Yoda, comfortable and furious
Says the guy posting his business on a public message board? Did all you expect to hear was commisseration?

On topic: I've never had any problems with my orders at KFC. Do you live in a low-income/low education area? If so, shop accordingly.

If I'm in a shitty part of town, I'll either wait to eat or go in to the counter to order. Pretty easy.

Joe, pretty
Shatmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2009, 07:35 PM   #57
Smiley
Rear Admiral

The fast food place I'd like to complain about is Jack in the Box. I had a horrible experience there the other day, and I vowed to stay away from the chain for 10 years unless forced by circumstances.

My first problem was that I had a hard time understanding the counter clerk. I asked what was on the Sourdough Steak Melt, since it was new to me. Jack in the Box has a strange history of putting sauce or mayo on sandwiches that don't call for them. I heard that there was some kind of sauce through the mumbling, so I ordered one with no sauce, figuring that I could remove anything else I don't like personally. Not asking for clarification was my mistake, and I accept that. However, when I got home, I found the onions pretty much inseparable from the cheese, making the entire sandwich pretty much worthless.

My bigger problem with them is the lack of item prices on the menu. For almost all the main menu items, only the combo price is listed, meaning that I have no clue how much the sandwich costs and how much is upcharge. I typically order just the sandwich and drink at places where I don't like the fries, and it costs me a little less than the combo most of the time. The combo for the Sourdough Steak Melt is $5.99. I looked at the price for the Jumbo Jack with Cheese because it is one of the few things on the regular menu as well as the combo chart. The Jumbo Jack with Cheese is $2.19 by itself, and the combo is $4.79. I figured that the fries and drink made up the $2.60 difference. Imagine my surprise when I was told I owed about $6.65 for the Sourdough Steak Melt and a medium drink. That's right, the sandwich is sold for over $4! I thought the cashier must have given me the combo instead, but the receipt showed exactly what I ordered. I reluctantly accepted the charge, but I told her that they really should put the individual item prices on the menu. She had the gall to tell me that there is no room on the menu for those prices. While waiting for my food (which is not worth $4 under any circumstances), I noticed that the breakfast menu off to the side has the same format for its combos, but it also had the individual prices listed.

Between bad corporate policy, bad service, and pretty lousy food, there is no way I'll go to Jack in the Box anytime soon.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2009, 08:10 PM   #58
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Says the guy posting his business on a public message board? Did all you expect to hear was commisseration?
Yep, and it was mostly fine till you showed up! Back to your original point, me spilling my own beverage and them not including stuff I paid for are mistakes that are worlds apart. They essentially scammed me by not giving me what I paid for.
On topic: I've never had any problems with my orders at KFC. Do you live in a low-income/low education area? If so, shop accordingly.

If I'm in a shitty part of town, I'll either wait to eat or go in to the counter to order. Pretty easy.
Not quite a fantastic part of town, but I think the KFC is more ghetto than the neighborhood.

Smiley wrote: View Post
The fast food place I'd like to complain about is Jack in the Box. I had a horrible experience there the other day, and I vowed to stay away from the chain for 10 years unless forced by circumstances.
I support this stance.

The fast food downtrodden unite! My biggest issue with Jack in the Box is that they will do their very best to give me my chicken strips without sauce. Especially if I get the stuffed jalapenos, they'll give me one ranch for them, and then completely forget my sweet and sour, as if their brains have a queue of exactly one sauce type per order. Absurd. But alas, their drive through is open really late, and they are ridiculously close (200 yards or so), so they win out a lot on convenience alone. Also, french toast sticks at any hour of the day FTW, that's a trick Burger King could stand to learn.

Oh, last time I went through the drive thru, after I placed my order and rolled up to the window they declared that they were out of cheesecake! I had planned my entire meal around budgeting calories for the cheesecake. It was very unsatisfying to eat the smaller meal and go to bed dreaming of cheesecake.

My first problem was that I had a hard time understanding the counter clerk. I asked what was on the Sourdough Steak Melt, since it was new to me. Jack in the Box has a strange history of putting sauce or mayo on sandwiches that don't call for them. I heard that there was some kind of sauce through the mumbling, so I ordered one with no sauce, figuring that I could remove anything else I don't like personally. Not asking for clarification was my mistake, and I accept that. However, when I got home, I found the onions pretty much inseparable from the cheese, making the entire sandwich pretty much worthless.
My bigger problem with them is the lack of item prices on the menu. For almost all the main menu items, only the combo price is listed, meaning that I have no clue how much the sandwich costs and how much is upcharge. I typically order just the sandwich and drink at places where I don't like the fries, and it costs me a little less than the combo most of the time. The combo for the Sourdough Steak Melt is $5.99. I looked at the price for the Jumbo Jack with Cheese because it is one of the few things on the regular menu as well as the combo chart. The Jumbo Jack with Cheese is $2.19 by itself, and the combo is $4.79. I figured that the fries and drink made up the $2.60 difference. Imagine my surprise when I was told I owed about $6.65 for the Sourdough Steak Melt and a medium drink. That's right, the sandwich is sold for over $4! I thought the cashier must have given me the combo instead, but the receipt showed exactly what I ordered. I reluctantly accepted the charge, but I told her that they really should put the individual item prices on the menu. She had the gall to tell me that there is no room on the menu for those prices. While waiting for my food (which is not worth $4 under any circumstances), I noticed that the breakfast menu off to the side has the same format for its combos, but it also had the individual prices listed.
My Jack in the Box does list the non-combo prices as well as the combo prices. Most of the menu is a ripoff. There are a coupe of cost effective solutions in the value menu, but all the regular sandwiches are grossly overpriced. They can only get away with it with me because of the aforementioned superior proximity.
Between bad corporate policy, bad service, and pretty lousy food, there is no way I'll go to Jack in the Box anytime soon.
You deserve better!
Old July 10 2009, 08:27 PM   #59
RoJoHen
Awesome

I think I have a KFC hangover today. I feel like crap!
Old July 10 2009, 08:30 PM   #60
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
I think I have a KFC hangover today. I feel like crap!
I feel like crap when I'm eating KFC let alone the day afterwards.