RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,745
Posts: 5,433,106
Members: 24,838
Currently online: 418
Newest member: Mei'konda

TrekToday headlines

Episode Four of The Red Shirt Diaries
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Star Trek: The Compendium Review
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old May 25 2009, 04:40 AM   #1
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
A "what if" on Boomer's story

What if Boomer was the leader of the Cylon rebels?

It starts after Caprica Six goes over to the Colonial fleet with Athena and Hera. She feels very lonely when she finds herself oddly comforted by one of the Centurions. This becomes a storyline running along the standalone plots involving the Colonial fleet. Boomer realizes a number of the Centurions are slowly developing self-awareness despite their inhibitors. Boomer shares this knowledge with the head of the Leobens and the new head of the Sixs, Natalie, because she doesn't trust Cavil, Doral, and Simon who've been becoming a trumivirate since D'Anna got boxed and Caprica Six left them. In the Season 3 finale, Cavil, Doral, and Simon find out what's happening with the Centurions and moves to lobotomizing them. Boomer tries to stop this from happening with the help of Leoben and Natalie. But a few of the Sharons who doubt Boomer's judgment vote aganist Boomer, Leoben, and Natalie. After the Cylons send some of their forces to attack the Colonial fleet in the nebula, Boomer makes a bloody rise to power when she gives Cavil, Simon, and Doral one last warning to stop what they are planning to do with the Centurions and then orders the Centurions to kill them all when they refuse. This becomes one of the last scenes of Season 3. Boomer recalls the Cylon forces attacking the fleet in the Season 4 premiere and finds out from one of the Raiders that the Final Five are in the fleet. Leoben tells Starbuck who finds him in the damaged Raider that Boomer leads them. Boomer faces an awkward reunion with Starbuck and a more awkward reunion with Adama and Tyrol.
Joe Washington is offline  
Old May 26 2009, 06:55 PM   #2
TEH BABA
Commodore
 
TEH BABA's Avatar
 
Location: TEH BABA
Send a message via AIM to TEH BABA
Re: A "what if" on Boomer's story

What if she lost her viriginity to starbuck?
__________________
Scientology made of fail and aids.
TEH BABA is offline  
Old May 27 2009, 08:59 AM   #3
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander
 
Re: A "what if" on Boomer's story

Joe Washington wrote: View Post
What if Boomer was the leader of the Cylon rebels?

It starts after Caprica Six goes over to the Colonial fleet with Athena and Hera. She feels very lonely when she finds herself oddly comforted by one of the Centurions. This becomes a storyline running along the standalone plots involving the Colonial fleet. Boomer realizes a number of the Centurions are slowly developing self-awareness despite their inhibitors. Boomer shares this knowledge with the head of the Leobens and the new head of the Sixs, Natalie, because she doesn't trust Cavil, Doral, and Simon who've been becoming a trumivirate since D'Anna got boxed and Caprica Six left them. In the Season 3 finale, Cavil, Doral, and Simon find out what's happening with the Centurions and moves to lobotomizing them. Boomer tries to stop this from happening with the help of Leoben and Natalie. But a few of the Sharons who doubt Boomer's judgment vote aganist Boomer, Leoben, and Natalie. After the Cylons send some of their forces to attack the Colonial fleet in the nebula, Boomer makes a bloody rise to power when she gives Cavil, Simon, and Doral one last warning to stop what they are planning to do with the Centurions and then orders the Centurions to kill them all when they refuse. This becomes one of the last scenes of Season 3. Boomer recalls the Cylon forces attacking the fleet in the Season 4 premiere and finds out from one of the Raiders that the Final Five are in the fleet. Leoben tells Starbuck who finds him in the damaged Raider that Boomer leads them. Boomer faces an awkward reunion with Starbuck and a more awkward reunion with Adama and Tyrol.
Why would Boomer do that. There is no motivation.
__________________
"A person without any sense of shame is no longer a human being."

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Marcus Porcius Cato is offline  
Old May 31 2009, 05:20 PM   #4
Bri
Lieutenant Commander
 
Bri's Avatar
 
Location: New York
Re: A "what if" on Boomer's story

TEH BABA wrote: View Post
What if she lost her viriginity to starbuck?


Would this be on the extra special edition blue ray?

Bri
__________________
I don't watch t.v., it's a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media elite. - jms
Bri is offline  
Old June 20 2009, 08:21 AM   #5
garak1
Captain
 
Re: A "what if" on Boomer's story

It's an interesting idea.

I wasn't happy with the way the Boomer storyline unfolded, particularly after her liason with Cavil was revealed.

Yes, Boomer's programming made her shoot Commander Adama, but I always felt that, beneath the surface, she truly did aspire to be good.

Her siding with Cavil, particularly during the latter stages of Season 4, sealed her doom, which I found disappointing.

I would have much preferred to see Boomer remain her own person while with the Cylons, and eventually rejoin the Colonial Fleet. I always felt that her love for Chief Tyrol would have won out over any Cylon programming in the same way that Athena's love for Helo compelled her to abandon the Cylon experiment on Caprica.

I yearned for a happy fate for Boomer and the Chief.

I also remember the scene from Season 2 when Adama looks at Boomer's dead body in the morgue and weeps over her, crying out 'why?'. This was one of the most powerful and moving performances I have ever seen, a great man crying over a lost daughter. Although Adama's wounds were grevious, both physically and emotionally, he did love Boomer as he knew her. I believe Adama would have found it within himself to forgive Boomer had she returned to the fleet on good terms.
garak1 is offline  
Old June 30 2009, 05:46 PM   #6
Dorian Thompson
Admiral
 
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Re: A "what if" on Boomer's story

I was extremely saddened and disappointed by how Boomer's story ended. A true victim.
__________________
http://www.noahswish.com

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline  
Old July 1 2009, 02:43 AM   #7
Marc
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: An Aussie in Canukistan
Send a message via ICQ to Marc
Re: A "what if" on Boomer's story

totally irrelevant thought but where any of the other 8's better pilots than Boomer or where the whole series just plain lousy at landings?
__________________
Gentlemen you can't fight in here - this is the war room.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline  
Old July 1 2009, 02:57 AM   #8
Candlelight
Admiral
 
Candlelight's Avatar
 
Location: New Zealand
Re: A "what if" on Boomer's story

Marc wrote: View Post
totally irrelevant thought but where any of the other 8's better pilots than Boomer or where the whole series just plain lousy at landings?
Sorry... can you please check your grammar, I'm having trouble what you're getting at.
__________________
"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Candlelight is offline  
Old July 1 2009, 03:10 AM   #9
David cgc
Vice Admiral
 
David cgc's Avatar
 
Re: A "what if" on Boomer's story

Marc wrote: View Post
totally irrelevant thought but where any of the other 8's better pilots than Boomer or where the whole series just plain lousy at landings?
Since we never heard anything else about it, I'm guessing it was just part of Boomer's cover that she got nervous while she was flying. Or maybe it was something that she developed spontaneously; Helo did say that he figured the reason she always screwed up was because she was worried about looking good for Tyrol. And, hey, now that the show is over, we can throw in something about her subconscious electra complex, too.
__________________
“I come here to have fun and fuck around merrily. I expect to showered by all kind of random crap.”
iguana_tonante
David cgc is offline  
Old July 18 2009, 07:53 PM   #10
Bones
Captain
 
Re: A "what if" on Boomer's story

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
I was extremely saddened and disappointed by how Boomer's story ended. A true victim.
She fell on the dark side of grey for me. I thought it was a well-deserved death, but I was glad she got to die with honor.
Bones is offline  
Old July 19 2009, 12:29 AM   #11
kipron
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Australia
Re: A "what if" on Boomer's story

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
I was extremely saddened and disappointed by how Boomer's story ended. A true victim.
Oh come on..I do feel sorry for Boomer, but to call her a "true victim" is to negate the idea that her choices had any meaning at all..no one forced her to steal Hera, betray her entire line or knowingly cover up her true identity.

Boomer's problem was that she just couldn't. Stop. Lying.
__________________
This is bigger than us. This is life.
kipron is offline  
Old July 19 2009, 12:51 PM   #12
flux_29
Commodore
 
flux_29's Avatar
 
Location: England
Re: A "what if" on Boomer's story

mabye this could be turned into a fan fiction story.
__________________
"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
flux_29 is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.