TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Closed Thread

Old October 20 2014, 07:20 AM   #1
Newspaper Taxi
Fleet Captain

Oh, and by the Way -- 1000 Posts.

I realize that's a piddly amount by most message board standards but it's taken me a decade to get this. That's nearly 100 posts a year, folks! Considering how my life just seems to be getting busier and busier I sort of doubt the board will live long enough for any of us to see my 2000th post. I'm not exactly a numerologist, but I do place a far more amount of meaning in numbers than the average person. So this event will be celebrated.
Old October 20 2014, 07:29 AM   #2
think
Rear Admiral

View think's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to think Send a message via AIM to think Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to think Send a message via Yahoo to think
Re: Oh, and by the Way -- 1000 Posts.

wooue--

I used to think it was big that numb4er 1000 but ,,, I don't // what is big is that I have never seen any of your 1000 posts guessing that is hard to do - but I don't remember one exceptional Newspaper Taxi posting??,,, it may be that you have changed your avatar name or what not so I just am unsure but beside ... congrats..

Wooue. weee----
Old October 20 2014, 07:38 AM   #3
Newspaper Taxi
Fleet Captain

I've realized lately that I'm not good at being 'part of a community' on a message board. So I don't feel about not being noticed, since most of my messages are to the point on specific subjects. In the beginning I was mostly here for the Enterprise board back when the show was on the air; then I spent along time slumming about TrekLit, before eventually mostly staying in the Doctor Who section.

As to what post is the most essential post -- that's a really intriguing question, one that could probably be it's own topic. I started a topic once about listing terrible ideas for episodes of Star Trek -- to make the most artfully bad episodes ever. It got over a 100 pages in it's day and it made me laugh. One idea I remember coming up with involved pipes appearing through-out the bridge of the Ent-D, and everyone had to figure out why before there would be no room to walk or stand due to pipes. Everyone else's posts were great, too -- the imagination of TrekBBSers can be a mighty thing.
Old October 20 2014, 07:57 AM   #4
think
Rear Admiral

View think's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to think Send a message via AIM to think Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to think Send a message via Yahoo to think

I was looking thru the topics you have made very nice list..
Old October 20 2014, 08:32 AM   #5
Wereghost
Part-time poltergeist

Congrats on making it to 1000 posts (and on having a life ).
Old October 20 2014, 12:41 PM   #6
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice

Congratulations! May you someday reach 40,000 (even though you are pretty sure you won't.)
Old October 20 2014, 12:45 PM   #7
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile

THE Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Congratulations! May you someday reach 40,000 (even though you are pretty sure you won't.)
At OP's current rate, this would take almost 29 years.
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
Old October 20 2014, 02:49 PM   #8
MacLeod
Admiral

THE Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post

Quantity isn't everything , but cograts to the OP and you on reaching 40 000.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old October 21 2014, 04:32 PM   #9
The Festivus Awakens
Airing Grievouses

Congratulations. Now that people have gotten a chance to say something, I'm closing this down, because it doesn't have much room for further discussion.
'First Contact' is the tale of a man who just wants to cash in on his creation so he can get wasted on an island full of naked women, but his fans keep insisting that he's a saintly visionary who has profoundly altered the world. AKA - 'I Don't Want to be a Statue: The Gene Roddenberry Story.'
Closed Thread