A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old July 23 2014, 09:10 PM   #1
NeroShrimp
Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to NeroShrimp
What happened to G4? -_-

Does anyone know why they took off G4? I used to get my dose of Comic-Con on there. G4 would always be there and would cover the entire weekend event of the San Diego Comic-Con. I've never gone to Comic-Con and I know tickets are obviously sold out (by a year) and so I was hoping to record the coverage on G4. I would do that for the past several years. Now, I find out that the channel has become the Esquire Network. What a let down!

I have Time Warner Cable...unfortunately...Does anyone know if there's a channel or a way I can DVR the events of the Comic-Con? Or will I just have to stick with watching it live on YouTube?
NeroShrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2014, 09:16 PM   #2
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: What happened to G4? -_-

It's still around but owned by NBCUniversal which is now owned by Comcast, so I guess Comcast isn't keen on sharing it.

If the channel is no longer part of your cable package, then yeah, you'll have to stream it online or watch YouTube videos after the fact.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2014, 09:25 PM   #3
B.J.
Rear Admiral

I've never trusted G4, and I never will. I could never forgive them for the death of TechTV.
Old July 23 2014, 10:14 PM   #4
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

G4 is one of the walking dead.

There were plans to rebrand it as the Esquire Network, but at almost the last minute the decision was made to rebrand the Style Network instead. G4 eventually wound up being dropped by most of the major cable and satellite providers. What's left is pretty much a zombie network of old shows that isn't available in many markets anymore (no new programming has been produced since January 2013, IIRC).
Old July 23 2014, 10:28 PM   #5
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

It is being upgraded to G5.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2014, 10:56 PM   #6
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

I miss it too. Attack of the Show was great and I was a fan of Robot Wars and the classic Ninja Warrior too as well as the Comic-Con and E3 events.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM   #7
ArcherNX01
Lieutenant

They split up, the only one who still performs is Johnathan Ansell.
ArcherNX01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:46 AM   #8
NeroShrimp
Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to NeroShrimp

Beagleman wrote: View Post
Last thing I heard about the Raptor photo was that the father of the kid that posted it on Twitter was in serious trouble, apparently he brought his son to work and, well... I'm pretty sure it is legit.
C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
G4 is one of the walking dead.

There were plans to rebrand it as the Esquire Network, but at almost the last minute the decision was made to rebrand the Style Network instead. G4 eventually wound up being dropped by most of the major cable and satellite providers. What's left is pretty much a zombie network of old shows that isn't available in many markets anymore (no new programming has been produced since January 2013, IIRC).
The Esquire Network still exists as of yesterday. That's what the channel [G4] is called now.

bbjeg wrote: View Post
I miss it too. Attack of the Show was great and I was a fan of Robot Wars and the classic Ninja Warrior too as well as the Comic-Con and E3 events.
I was watching Ninja Warrior last night and it was on Esquire Network. I was honestly surprised to see that it was still on even though the channel was changed. I also could have sworn they showed Ninja Warrior on Spike TV as well, but I'm not 100% sure.
NeroShrimp is offline   Reply With Quote