Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 24 2009, 02:09 AM   #76
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

Re: FARSCAPE returning to DVD!!!

Suncoasts (as well as Sam Goody and Media Plays) all disappeared arround here, years ago as well. I wasn't surprised since they'd totally rape your wallet if you bought from them.

LitmusDragon wrote: View Post
$149 is actually quite a reasonable price.
For all 4 seasons yes. However, the 4 season sets I have were $100+ each. I bought them only durring sale times though which shaved a lot of that off though.
Old July 24 2009, 03:58 AM   #77
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

The box art isn't really speaking to me, and I really don't care for the lack of PKW. I mean, how could they call it a "complete series set" without the ending? Regardless, MSRP of $150 ain't bad. I may finally cave and buy it along with the miniseries. Although it'll be really lame if they suddenly do a much better Blu-ray release.
Old July 24 2009, 04:00 AM   #78
RoJoHen
Awesome

Trubinator wrote: View Post
The box art isn't really speaking to me, and I really don't care for the lack of PKW. I mean, how could they call it a "complete series set" without the ending? Regardless, MSRP of $150 ain't bad. I may finally cave and buy it along with the miniseries. Although it'll be really lame if they suddenly do a much better Blu-ray release.
Blu-Ray is the only way that I would buy the set at this point.
Old July 24 2009, 04:05 AM   #79
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I'll bet the individual season sets are basically the lower images we saw, minus the larger cover box. That would be rather like a distributor...
Old July 24 2009, 04:13 AM   #80
Leroy
Fleet Captain

Trubinator wrote:
The box art isn't really speaking to me, and I really don't care for the lack of PKW. I mean, how could they call it a "complete series set" without the ending? Regardless, MSRP of $150 ain't bad.
I think the reason PKW wasn't included was because A&E doesn't have the rights for it and for whatever reason never acquired it for this release.
RoJoHen wrote:
Do we even know if the series can be put into high def? I mean if it was all done on tape like TNG, DS9, and VOY, it would be cost prohibitive to be made into high def or downright impossible if it was filmed on tape so putting it on Blu-Ray would be pointless.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2009, 04:23 AM   #81
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I just had an amusing thought. Wouldn't it be silly symmetry if The Peacekeeper Wars miniseries was phased out of DVD production just as the "complete series" debuted? I think the PKW has been around for long enough to where they might pull that. It's about $8 on amazon.com
Old July 24 2009, 06:41 AM   #82
RoJoHen
Awesome

Leroy wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote:
Do we even know if the series can be put into high def? I mean if it was all done on tape like TNG, DS9, and VOY, it would be cost prohibitive to be made into high def or downright impossible if it was filmed on tape so putting it on Blu-Ray would be pointless.
This I don't know. I'm fairly certain Season 4 can be HD. It's pretty obvious watching it that they used a different filming method than the previous seasons.
Old July 24 2009, 09:02 AM   #83
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

Leroy wrote: View Post
Trubinator wrote:
The box art isn't really speaking to me, and I really don't care for the lack of PKW. I mean, how could they call it a "complete series set" without the ending? Regardless, MSRP of $150 ain't bad.
I think the reason PKW wasn't included was because A&E doesn't have the rights for it and for whatever reason never acquired it for this release.
Yup, that's correct.

I don't have my Starburst seasons 2 & 3 sets on me, but it looks like this set retains much of the special features and commentaries from those sets. I don't care for the cover art or the exclusion of The Peacekeeper Wars, so I won't be running out to get it just yet. Still, I don't have seasons 1 & 4 yet...

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2009, 02:26 PM   #84
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Why are so many people hung up on the design of the box? Shouldn't they be concerned with what's on the discs? As in, the whole dang series?
Old July 24 2009, 03:05 PM   #85
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Well, I don't own season 4, yet.... I guess I shall be purchasing the new edition.

I had been purchasing used sets off of Ebay.
Old July 24 2009, 04:45 PM   #86
RoJoHen
Awesome

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Why are so many people hung up on the design of the box? Shouldn't they be concerned with what's on the discs? As in, the whole dang series?
As I already own the whole dang series, I don't have a whole lot else to be concerned about.
Old July 24 2009, 05:21 PM   #87
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

LitmusDragon wrote: View Post
$149 is actually quite a reasonable price.
Yeah. Particulary when you consider that the various Star Trek sets came out at $100.00 a pop.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2009, 05:31 PM   #88
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

Trubinator wrote: View Post
I just had an amusing thought. Wouldn't it be silly symmetry if The Peacekeeper Wars miniseries was phased out of DVD production just as the "complete series" debuted? I think the PKW has been around for long enough to where they might pull that. It's about $8 on amazon.com
I looked that up yesterday before I read about the complete series sets. I guess I should order one before they go out of print.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2009, 05:48 PM   #89
Harvey
Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
The series is nice, but outside of replacing my double sided discs of season one, I have it already. What interests me is the extras, and from the press release, there isn't one new item that wasn't on the Starburst sets. They've got the gang back together for a panel at Comicon, but can't record one new commentary track? Hell, record the panel, that'll be a new extra!

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2009, 06:44 PM   #90
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

This seems to happen frequently with complete series sets. I think the only decent one I've seen where they didn't just repackage the extras was with the Jericho complete series set.