RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,360
Posts: 5,503,413
Members: 25,122
Currently online: 658
Newest member: Carach

TrekToday headlines

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 5 2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Rosalind
TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod
 
Location: Sydney, Australia
Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

June 2009
------------

Star Trek: The Original Series
  • Troublesome Minds
    (Mass paperback) by Dave Galanter
    ISBN-10: 1439101558
    nb: set during the 5-year mission.


July 2009
------------

Star Trek: The Next Generation
Note: This list is subject to change.
Note2: For March-May publications, see next post
Rosalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Rosalind
TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod
 
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

March 2009
------------

Star Trek: The Original Series
  • Mere Anarchy
    (trade paperback) by Mike W. Barr, Christopher L. Bennett, Margaret Wander Bonanno, Dave Galanter, Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore, and Howard Weinstein
    ISBN-10: 1416594949

Star Trek: Titan

April 2009
------------

Star Trek: Voyager
  • Full Circle
    (Mass paperback) by Kirsten Beyer
    ISBN-10: 1416594965

Star Trek: New Frontier
  • Treason
    (Trade paperback) by Peter David
    ISBN-10: 0743429613


May 2009
------------

Star Trek: Vanguard
  • Open Secrets
    (Mass paperback) by Dayton Ward ISBN-10: 1416547924

Star Trek
  • Star Trek
    (Trade paperback) by Alan Dean Foster
    ISBN-10: 143915886X
    nb. movie novelisation
Rosalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 11:57 PM   #3
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

Rosalind wrote: View Post
Star Trek: The Original Series
  • Troublesome Minds
    (Mass paperback) by Dave Galanter
    ISBN-10: 1439101558
    nb: set during the 5-year mission.
Picked up Dave's new Trek novel yesterday! The shop (in Sydney, Australia) thought it looked so retro it was a reprint of an old title! I had to convince them otherwise.
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2009, 05:13 AM   #4
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gotham
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

I'm looking forward to reading Troublesome Minds this weekend, my friend is going to lend me his copy and I'll be picking up Loosing the Peace next month when it comes out.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2009, 12:42 PM   #5
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

Rosalind wrote: View Post
May 2009
Yay! I picked up my reserved copy of "Wired" magazine today!
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/20...-for-trek.html

Just as "Countdown" was IDW Publishing's four-part prequel to the new movie, showing how and why Nero and Ambassador Spock time-slipped back to the 23rd century, so this six-page story, "When Worlds Collide" by Paul Pope & K/O (pp 112-117), also ties in:


It's only six pages, but it's fun, and definitely not a Trek collectible I wanted to miss! The whole of the May 2009 issue of "Wired" magazine is guest edited by JJ Abrams, who reveals a quirky style.
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2009, 06:30 PM   #6
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral
 
Dimesdan's Avatar
 
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Rosalind wrote: View Post
May 2009
Yay! I picked up my reserved copy of "Wired" magazine today!
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/20...-for-trek.html

Just as "Countdown" was IDW Publishing's four-part prequel to the new movie, showing how and why Nero and Ambassador Spock time-slipped back to the 23rd century, so this six-page story, "When Worlds Collide" by Paul Pope & K/O (pp 112-117), also ties in:


It's only six pages, but it's fun, and definitely not a Trek collectible I wanted to miss! The whole of the May 2009 issue of "Wired" magazine is guest edited by JJ Abrams, who reveals a quirky style.
I saw Wired (but not the JJ edited issue) in a supermarket the other day and didn't make the connection that it was the same title as I just thought it was published in the States.
Dimesdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2009, 10:39 PM   #7
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
I saw Wired (but not the JJ edited issue) in a supermarket the other day and didn't make the connection that it was the same title as I just thought it was published in the States.
It is, but most US magazines of note are imported all over the world. But you might have to special order. The rule of thumb is that an open rack newsstand must stock five issues to sell one. So there's a lot of wastage that way, and expensive, imported magazines that are special ordered can come in a single issues, and put away for the customer.
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2009, 10:51 PM   #8
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

For those hungry for a "making of" JJ's ST movie, see the current "Cinefex" (#118).

Cool cover story article is by Joe Fordham, pp 40-73 of a 122pp issue.

Also covers "Terminator Salvation", "Angels & Demons", "Moon" and "Wolverine".
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2009, 11:31 PM   #9
Deano2099
Commander
 
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Rosalind wrote: View Post
May 2009
Yay! I picked up my reserved copy of "Wired" magazine today!
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/20...-for-trek.html

Just as "Countdown" was IDW Publishing's four-part prequel to the new movie, showing how and why Nero and Ambassador Spock time-slipped back to the 23rd century, so this six-page story, "When Worlds Collide" by Paul Pope & K/O (pp 112-117), also ties in:


It's only six pages, but it's fun, and definitely not a Trek collectible I wanted to miss! The whole of the May 2009 issue of "Wired" magazine is guest edited by JJ Abrams, who reveals a quirky style.
I saw Wired (but not the JJ edited issue) in a supermarket the other day and didn't make the connection that it was the same title as I just thought it was published in the States.
The UK version just launched a few months ago (on issue 3 at the moment) and is different to the US version (which is still stocked in some larger newsagents/ WH Smiths)
Deano2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2009, 01:26 AM   #10
HIj'Qa
Fleet Captain
 
HIj'Qa's Avatar
 
Location: correcting grammar on Wikipedia
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

Any news on the History of Star Trek Comics that was supposed to be out about now?
HIj'Qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2009, 01:42 AM   #11
Steve Roby
Commodore
 
Steve Roby's Avatar
 
Location: Ottawa, ON Canada
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

According to the author, "The Amazon date was a little too over optimistic. The project is turning out to be a lot larger in scope than we originally envisaged. We are making excellent progress, but I don't have a final publication date yet. I'll post the date here as soon as I know it."

That was in April. AFAIK, the book should still be out some time this year.
Steve Roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2009, 03:51 AM   #12
HIj'Qa
Fleet Captain
 
HIj'Qa's Avatar
 
Location: correcting grammar on Wikipedia
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

^^Thank you
HIj'Qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2009, 11:11 AM   #13
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral
 
BrotherBenny's Avatar
 
Location: BrotherBenny
View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

Aren't we a little behind on the switch to the July/August books, or are we waiting until the list from Shore Leave to confirm?
__________________
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." - Henry David Thoreau

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2009, 02:22 PM   #14
JWolf
Commodore
 
JWolf's Avatar
 
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
Aren't we a little behind on the switch to the July/August books, or are we waiting until the list from Shore Leave to confirm?
The next upcoming will be August/September since the previous list had an extra month and threw things off kilter.
__________________
Jon
JWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2009, 06:03 PM   #15
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral
 
BrotherBenny's Avatar
 
Location: BrotherBenny
View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny
Re: Upcoming Publications: June/July 2009

JWolf wrote: View Post
BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
Aren't we a little behind on the switch to the July/August books, or are we waiting until the list from Shore Leave to confirm?
The next upcoming will be August/September since the previous list had an extra month and threw things off kilter.
How does that matter since we'd move from June/July to July/August and then August/September?
__________________
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." - Henry David Thoreau

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.