Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

View Poll Results: Who was the sexiest for you?
Jadzia Dax 37 20.56%
Kira Nerys 27 15.00%
Ezri Dax 45 25.00%
Leeta 25 13.89%
Keiko O'Brien 0 0%
Kassidy Yates 1 0.56%
Captain Benjamin Sisko 4 2.22%
Dr. Julian Bashir 12 6.67%
Worf 2 1.11%
Odo 0 0%
Miles O'Brien 0 0%
Gul Dukat 5 2.78%
Elim Garak 3 1.67%
Damar 4 2.22%
Weyoun 2 1.11%
Vedek Boreil Antos 0 0%
Quark :-p 0 0%
Jake Sisko (...since he grew up, obviously!) 3 1.67%
other (male) 1 0.56%
other (female) 9 5.00%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 28 2009, 07:28 PM   #91
BRG
Commander

Re: Sexiest DS9 character?

Rewatching the show for the first time in many years on DVD. And loving it!

As for the sexiest charicter, IMHO it has to be Kira. I think Jadzia & Erzi are both much more atractive than Kira, but Kira just had a sexual charge about her that both versions of Dax could not compete with.

And when playing Mirror Kira, when Nana Visitor turned the sensuality dail up to 11, God Damn!
BRG
Scottish League Cup Winners- 2012
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2009, 08:17 PM   #92
PorthosShadow
Fleet Captain

This is a very intesting question and for me not a simple one. I want to make clear I like woman so I'm not gay or bi or anything else. That being said Leeta is pretty hot and Ezri is just plain cute so both of them are in a tie but I would probably pick Ezri over Leeta if I had to.

Ok, so as far as male characters go (If I were gay, lol) I would say Damar. I'm not sure what it is about Cassey Biggs but he's pretty attractive. Maybe thats just a man crush but still, I would vote him, again not that there is anything wrong with that:d
Old July 28 2009, 09:05 PM   #93
Adm. Maleficent
Vice Admiral

Kira.

Bajoran women are the hotness.

-Tom Clancy
Adm. Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2009, 11:02 PM   #94
AntonyF
Administrator

View AntonyF's Twitter Profile

Bump. JAKE! Man in those last two seasons, and in that baseball outfit... hell yeah!
AntonyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2009, 12:08 AM   #95
Pemmer Harge
Fleet Captain

Even if I were that way inclined, I doubt I could get over Jake's terrible dress sense. The outfits that guy wore were pretty painful.
Old August 21 2009, 03:39 AM   #96
Smellincoffee
Commodore

View Smellincoffee's Twitter Profile

I can't pretend to fully appreciate what would make males "sexy", but even if I could I suspect I'd go with the Major. She was smart, driven, passionate, and looked altogether beautiful in all kinds of dress -- but most especially in those Bajoran civilian clothes she wore in the "Circle" series in the second season's opening.
DS9 CapCon #99: Major Pain for Quark
"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.." - Commander Montgomery Scott.
Smellincoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2009, 07:54 AM   #97
Aretaku
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Gotta go with Kira...Jadzia and Ezri are both excellent as well, but Kira's got an attitude to match the look that the Dax Duo just can't compete with.

Not to mention, those eyes, and that butt.
Garak: Especially the lies.
Aretaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2009, 09:57 AM   #98
Red Ranger
Admiral

There are many attractive and sexy DSN characters. But I must say, the one that really gets me going is Leeta, played by the lovely Chase Masterson. Damn she is so hot! I also got a kick out of most of the female Vortas! Would love to rub those funky ears of theirs! -- RR

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2009, 01:15 PM   #99
Lt.Cmdr.LaForge
Lieutenant Commander

Jadzia is clearly the sexiest female thats ever been on star trek, let alone DS9! =]
Old September 10 2009, 04:29 PM   #100
Sovereign_One
Lieutenant Commander

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Dukat would've come up as a close second if not first place, except he's evil and in the end that's a turn-off for me. (Very frustrating when I catch myself staring...)
I know...

Intrepid Trek - back online!
Sovereign_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2009, 04:32 PM   #101
JustKate
Rear Admiral

Sovereign One wrote:
Nerys Ghemor wrote:
Dukat would've come up as a close second if not first place, except he's evil and in the end that's a turn-off for me. (Very frustrating when I catch myself staring...)

I know...
That's why I voted for Damar - you can't get much sexier than a principled Cardassian, IMO (well, except for Romulans and Vulcans, of course - they were my first Trek loves, after all), and that's exactly what Damar became.

Plus there's that voice of his, which is pretty darn fabulous - better even than Dukat's.

Edit: Oh, and BTW, I have to agree with DevilEyes that it's odd there are so few votes for male characters. I'm guessing that DS9 fans who find males attractive (there - did I put that inclusively enough? ) just aren't that turned on by the DS9 cast? Can that be?

I must say, while several of them strike me as at least somewhat attractive, to very few of them was my reaction, "Oh, wow, is he hot."

Or the other thing I wondered is if DS9 tends to have a higher percentage of male fans than other Trek shows? Scifi in general has more male than female fans, and so does Trek, but I wonder if the proportions vary significantly between shows? I'd be kind of surprised if they didn't, now that I think about it.

Last edited by JustKate; September 11 2009 at 12:27 AM.
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2009, 12:14 AM   #102
Supreme Dittodrone
Vice Admiral

^Just my $0.02, but it may have something to do with an...alleged mentality along the lines of... "sexy" being a sexist term, or...something.

Or at least, that it's almost always directed at women, from men.

Again, just a theory. I have a feeling it'll be disproved in a heartbeat.

In the meantime...nice to see Ezri's still in the lead, after all this time....

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Supreme Dittodrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2009, 01:38 AM   #103
JustKate
Rear Admiral

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
^Just my $0.02, but it may have something to do with an...alleged mentality along the lines of... "sexy" being a sexist term, or...something.

Well...the thread was started and named by a female, unless DevilEyes is fibbing to us!

Terms for attractiveness are tricksy, that's for sure. In the TNG forum, for example, there's a thread about whether Troi is "hot," and some of the posters differentiate rather sharply between "hot," "beautiful," "lovely" and so on. And in this thread, there has been quite a bit of differentation, too (e.g., discussions about whether Ezri is "sexy" or merely "cute"). No doubt those who have differentiated have perfectly good reasons for this, but...I suspect that the reasons won't be the same for everybody.

Attractiveness is all subjective, of course, but what's also subjective is degree of attractiveness, as well as what term a person chooses to describe that degree of attractiveness.

Me, I don't tend to use the word "sexy" very often in real life - or "hot" for that matter, although I used them on the BBS. They just aren't really my style, I guess - maybe I'm too inhibited, or perhaps I'm simply too stuffy in my language choices. I was pretty sure I knew what DevilEyes meant by it, though, so I chose accordingly.

But not using those terms does hamper me. Out here in the real world, I'd probably use "handsome" or "really good-looking" most of the time, which are fine, but it is definitely technically possible to be handsome and yet not be all that sexually attractive. And of course, there are plenty of men who aren't handsome but exude sex appeal.

It can all come down to the tone of voice in which a word is used - that's probably why I write "sexy" or "hot" here on the BBS even though I don't use those terms that often in real life. In real life, I'd use context and tone of voice to differentiate between something like "He's handsome enough, I guess," which means, "He's good looking but does nothing for me" and "Oh, he is so handsome!" (or "gorgeous") which is pretty much identical to "Man, is he hot!" It's hard to do that here, of course, tone of voice being a difficult thing to convey in a post on a bulletin board.

I think I need to expand my vocabulary. Surely there is something I can use that's descriptive but less slangy than "hot"?
Old September 11 2009, 07:16 AM   #104
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

I don't get it. Granted, English is not my first language and I don't live in an English-speaking country so I might be missing some of the cultural connotations... but I have no idea what the term "sexy" has to do with being sexist? Except for the Spinal Tap, of course ("what's wrong with being sexy?" )

And I really don't understand the idea that sexy is something that only women are, to men, and not the other way round Now that sounds sexist.

JustKate wrote: View Post

Well...the thread was started and named by a female, unless DevilEyes is fibbing to us!

Terms for attractiveness are tricksy, that's for sure. In the TNG forum, for example, there's a thread about whether Troi is "hot," and some of the posters differentiate rather sharply between "hot," "beautiful," "lovely" and so on. And in this thread, there has been quite a bit of differentation, too (e.g., discussions about whether Ezri is "sexy" or merely "cute"). No doubt those who have differentiated have perfectly good reasons for this, but...I suspect that the reasons won't be the same for everybody.
Being good-looking (beautiful, handsome...) and being sexy is not the same thing, as you pointed out. I used "sexy" because that is the most precise term. Sexy = sexually attractive. There are also, I think, subtle differences in meaning between sexy and attractive, and between handsome, beautiful, pretty and cute. But one thing I don't get is why some posters claim that "hot" and "sexy" are not the same thing. I thought it as the same thing, only "hot" is a more slangy term?

As for the votes ratio in the poll... I suspect it is simply because there are a lot more men than women in this subforum. Why is that the case, I have no idea. The overall male/female ratio on the forum is something like 2:1... but I get the impression that there are more women hanging out in some other subforums like STXI.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2009, 01:46 PM   #105
JustKate
Rear Admiral

DevilEyes wrote:
But one thing I don't get is why some posters claim that "hot" and "sexy" are not the same thing. I thought it as the same thing, only "hot" is a more slangy term?
I don't get this either, and English is my native language and I live in an English-speaking country. To me, they are absolutely identical in meaning. Perhaps somebody who does differentiate can enlighten us.