Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old November 2 2009, 08:14 PM   #496
Yeoman Randi
Vice Admiral

Re: *Spock/Zachary Quinto Appreciation Zone*

OMG! Are they not the most adorable family???!!!?!? The baby is sooo cute!!! Thanks for the link Nile!

(slightly off topic, i saw her recently on tv and she looked quite different than how she looked in Buffy. Is it possible she's had some work done already?)
Yeoman Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2009, 08:17 PM   #497
Jeri
Vice Admiral

Wow, thick tail on that fellow.
Old November 2 2009, 10:11 PM   #498
NileQT87
Commander

View NileQT87's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to NileQT87 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NileQT87 Send a message via Yahoo to NileQT87

That's Alexis Denisof (Wesley on Buffy and Angel). I'm thinking it's probably an attempt at keeping his dignity by only wearing half a roo. Aly is a bit of a goofball, so it was very likely her idea. You got to love the match made in the Jossverse.

That same page has Harrison dressed as a pea pod towards the bottom, F.Y.I. Now there's a person you wouldn't expect to put on a dorky Halloween costume.

ZQ's costume reminds me a lot of the skeleton singer from Hocus Pocus. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw his costume. Am I the only one who immediately thought of that?
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2009, 04:09 PM   #499
Yeoman Randi
Vice Admiral

Heh, i hadn't thought of it, but now that you mention it, yes!

ZQ looked particularly good in last night's Heroes. God those eyebrows and that hair!
Old November 3 2009, 04:11 PM   #500
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

View Crusher Disciple's Twitter Profile

I forgot it was on last night. I usually watch all of my tv viewing the followoing Friday night (yes, I know- I'm sad ).
Old November 4 2009, 05:21 AM   #501
Tribbles
Commander

Location: Tribbles are on the bridge, your lunch tray, everywhere-- and multiplying at an alarming rate!

Love your desktop, Nile, and Zach's costume is great. The only way I can recognize him at all is by his intense eyes.

Tribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 05:52 AM   #502
GhostFaceSaint
Fleet Captain

So I have a question to all the female Trekkers and Trekkies, how does Quinto compare to Nimoy? Do you prefer Nimoy the original or Quinto or is it too early for you to say yet? As a male fan I always liked Nimoy and his portrayal of Spock though he was always to me equal in interest with Shatner's Kirk and I know that for the most part women seemed to prefer Spock to Kirk, now with the new cast its the same with me I like Pine and Quinto equally but I would like to know what the ladies have to say about the new portrayal of Spock.
Old November 4 2009, 05:56 AM   #503
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

GhostFaceSaint wrote: View Post
So I have a question to all the female Trekkers and Trekkies, how does Quinto compare to Nimoy? Do you prefer Nimoy the original or Quinto or is it too early for you to say yet? As a male fan I always liked Nimoy and his portrayal of Spock though he was always to me equal in interest with Shatner's Kirk and I know that for the most part women seemed to prefer Spock to Kirk, now with the new cast its the same with me I like Pine and Quinto equally but I would like to know what the ladies have to say about the new portrayal of Spock.
Well, in terms of performance, I didn't really care for Quinto. I didn't think he really stood out in the movie, but given how tall Nimoy's shadow is, I don't know if he could ever measure up to him for me. I think it was just as impossible for Cross to measure up for Lenard's Sarek.

Quinto the actor I just absolutely adore. I think he did the best he could considering the challenge, but Spock just wasn't his best role.
Old November 4 2009, 01:45 PM   #504
Etched
Rear Admiral

GhostFaceSaint wrote: View Post
I've got to be honest going into the movie Spock was the character I was most concerned with. I was really pleased with ZQ's casting as I love him on Heroes and knew he was a good actor but when the trailers started coming out I wasn't 100% convinced by what I was seeing and started to get worried that they'd messed it up. I was very relieved to be wrong, I loved his take on Spock, yes it is very different to Nimoy's but it works in the context of the movie. Of course I came out of it adoring Nimoy more than ever too.

To be honest though Spock wasn't my favourite character in TOS, McCoy was, and that was the character I came away from the movie most disappointed with and that's really unfair to Karl Urban (who I have always thought was underrated as an actor) because I think I'm just holding a grudge against him for not being DeForest Kelley.
Etched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 03:02 PM   #505
Yeoman Randi
Vice Admiral

^Wow, that is so interesting (that you were disappointed with Karl). I thought he really nailed it!

In TOS i was a Kirk lover (and still am, thanks to Pine), but i very much enjoyed ZQ's Spock. I agree with Etched though, ZQ's Spock has a different feel than Nimoy's...but i very much love the way they went with this Spock.
Old November 4 2009, 04:14 PM   #506
Etched
Rear Admiral

^ I think its just that McCoy was the character that I had the highest expectations for, partly because he was my favourite character going in and partly because I'd heard such high praise of Karl's performance - in hindsight I think that it was inevitable I'd be disappointed. I suspect that once I get my grubby little mitts on the DVD and can watch it a few more times I'll appreciate him a more.
Etched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 04:18 PM   #507
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

Etched wrote: View Post
^ I think its just that McCoy was the character that I had the highest expectations for, partly because he was my favourite character going in and partly because I'd heard such high praise of Karl's performance - in hindsight I think that it was inevitable I'd be disappointed. I suspect that once I get my grubby little mitts on the DVD and can watch it a few more times I'll appreciate him a more.
I was that way with Spock. Uncle Spock is really precious to me, and so is Nimoy after Kelley passed away.

I really didn't focus so much on Urban's performance so much since all I could think about was how much I wanted to get into his pants. But I'm still gonna need years of therapy after watching this film.
Old November 4 2009, 04:28 PM   #508
Jeri
Vice Admiral

I loved them all; how could I not? I just saw McCoy again a few days ago. He's still in his box.
Old November 4 2009, 04:31 PM   #509
Yeoman Randi
Vice Admiral

Etched wrote: View Post

I can totally understand that. I had the same high expectations for Kirk, and it wasn't until probably half way through the movie that i finally started to accept Pine in the role. My acceptance of him was gradual, and even after the movie was over i wasn't totally convinced....then i saw the movie again and realized how good he really was...and then all was right with the world!
Old November 4 2009, 06:57 PM   #510
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

View startrekrcks's Twitter Profile

I loved Karl Urban he was fantastic
startrekrcks is offline   Reply With Quote