RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,676
Members: 24,823
Currently online: 567
Newest member: voyagerman49

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

View Poll Results: Olivia Wilde
Thumbs Up 95 83.33%
Thumbs Down 3 2.63%
Thumbs Sideways 16 14.04%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 20 2009, 03:55 AM   #46
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent
Re: Olivia Wilde: Genre babe of the week #26 (June 2009)

Is there an option higher than UP? Cause she needs it! UP UP UP UP UP and AWAY

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2009, 06:43 AM   #47
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Thumbs up, no doubt about it.
Old June 20 2009, 01:41 PM   #48
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
The very definition of Thumbs Up.
That quote nailed it exactly. Thread closed.
Old June 20 2009, 02:46 PM   #49
EnderAKH
Captain

Thumb Sideways for becoming the latest victim of the "Hollywood Thinning Machine".

Allons-y!
EnderAKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2009, 05:41 PM   #50
Gil T.Azell
Rear Admiral

Oh Hell yeah!!!
Old June 20 2009, 11:18 PM   #51
Quo Vadimus
Vice Admiral

Oh my, I've had a thing for her for a while. Thumbs-up!
Old June 21 2009, 03:51 AM   #52
Aragorn
Admiral

She's starting to sink like a rock here. Where did all the voters go? It takes less down votes to drop the score than up votes to raise it.
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2009, 10:27 AM   #53
Yoda
Rear Admiral

No glaring flaws. Under 40 years old, which is not a given in these threads for some reason.

Thumbs up
Old June 21 2009, 10:57 AM   #54
Hermiod
Admiral

^One of the highest rated GBotW's ever was over 40 at the time - Monica Bellucci. Quit judging people based on their age.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2009, 11:35 AM   #55
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Hermiod wrote: View Post
^One of the highest rated GBotW's ever was over 40 at the time - Monica Bellucci. Quit judging people based on their age.
First of all, get over it, because I'm sure even you'll give up on Monica Bellucci as 'hot' when she turns 70, 80, or maybe 90. Age related ugliness happens to the best of us. I don't think we need the 14th amendment on this one!

IMO, Monica was clearly over the hill in those Matrix movies, and that was before she hit 40. If I had a time machine, I'd vote down for her sometime after buying the correct ticket for some random $200 million lotto drawing, but probably before stopping the Holocaust and 9/11 and all that other time machine crap.

Even Cindy Crawford is showing her age, and really she's probably a best case scenario for 40+.

The voting patterns here have been pretty silly, anyway. I think there really are people here who vote down/sideways on the actual hot women in an attempt to keep whatever quirky/moderately attractive girl with whom they have an imaginary relationship in the running!
Old June 21 2009, 11:46 AM   #56
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Dude, seriously, what do you have against women over 40?

Is this over Lynda Carter? Could you not vote for her based on her age when she was popular in the 70s?

Did a woman over 40 kill your dog or something?
Old June 21 2009, 11:56 AM   #57
Hermiod
Admiral

Yoda - there is no magic point where a beautiful woman automatically stops being so. It's different for every woman just as it is different for every man.

As far as Carter is concerned, most of us voted for her based on when she was in her prime. Some posters felt that she's still attractive now and voted based on that, and why shouldn't they ?

At the end of the day, only Kate Beckinsale and Scarlet Johansson are in the same league as Bellucci in terms of the voting in these threads, IIRC. So, it seems most posters here agree with me.
Old June 21 2009, 12:08 PM   #58
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Dude, seriously, what do you have against women over 40?
Nothing. They're just less physically attractive because of the aging process.

Is this over Lynda Carter? Could you not vote for her based on her age when she was popular in the 70s?
Lynda Carter's time has gone. It's not the 1970s. To me it makes more sense to evaluate them as they are now.

Ever see the movie Cobb (biopic of an old-old-old-school baseball player)? This exchange (courtesy of IMDB) comes to mind:

Louis Prima: With all the great players playing ball right now, how well do you think you would do against today's pitchers?
Ty Cobb: Well, I figure against today's pitchers I'd only probably hit about .290
Louis Prima: .290? Well that's amazing, because you batted over .400 a... a whole bunch of times. Now tell us all, we'd all like to know, why do you think you'd only hit .290?
Ty Cobb: Well, I'm 72 fucking years old you ignorant son of a bitch.

Did a woman over 40 kill your dog or something?
They just get wrinkly and less hot. I think it's a decent enough cutoff for evaluating someone as a 'babe'. Women in their 30s are at a disadvantage compared to women in their 20s.
Old June 21 2009, 12:15 PM   #59
Hermiod
Admiral

^Again, most posters were basing their opinion of Carter on when she was in her prime. She was a match for anyone else we've ever had in one of these threads then.
Old June 21 2009, 12:19 PM   #60
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Hermiod wrote: View Post
Yoda - there is no magic point where a beautiful woman automatically stops being so. It's different for every woman just as it is different for every man.
There's no 'magic point' where someone keels over and dies either, yet nobody manages to live to 150. Being 40 is to hotness as being 100 is to staying alive. Not impossible, but probably best not to plan for it.

As far as Carter is concerned, most of us voted for her based on when she was in her prime. Some posters felt that she's still attractive now and voted based on that, and why shouldn't they ?
They can vote however they want. Doesn't mean I need to be overjoyed about the selection of grannies.

At the end of the day, only Kate Beckinsale and Scarlet Johansson are in the same league as Bellucci in terms of the voting in these threads, IIRC. So, it seems most posters here agree with me.
Well, the questionable collective taste around these parts is one of the reasons I feel compelled to share my dissent.