RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,573
Posts: 5,423,430
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 410
Newest member: toaster

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 23 2009, 02:08 AM   #1
Photon
Commodore
 
Photon's Avatar
 
Location: Dixie
Albino's "Guards"

These guys that were supposedly guarding the Albino's stronghold were pathetic.

Kang, Koloth, and Kor could have gotten 2 Skreean males to fight a proxy battle vs those losers


And what's up w/those uniforms?

Photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2009, 02:19 AM   #2
Red Ranger
Admiral
 
Red Ranger's Avatar
 
Location: New York City, the greatest city in the world!
Re: Albino's "Guards"

What I want to know is, was the Albino a Klingon albino, or an albino of some other race? -- RR
__________________
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2009, 02:37 AM   #3
Photon
Commodore
 
Photon's Avatar
 
Location: Dixie
Re: Albino's "Guards"

Red Ranger wrote: View Post
What I want to know is, was the Albino a Klingon albino, or an albino of some other race? -- RR
I know, that's exactly what I was thinking while watching this again. Is this dude really a Klingon-his viceroy def wasn't and those guards looked like boys from Kansas
Photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2009, 07:03 AM   #4
2 of 10
Captain
 
2 of 10's Avatar
 
Location: Los Gatos, Ca
Re: Albino's "Guards"

Good Post !! They were totally lame, granted that they were fighting three of the best warriors in the Empire, also I am recalling that Jadzia claimed a few kills in the fray. I am under the impression that a few Betazet Counsilers could have done the same thing...
2 of 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2009, 08:43 AM   #5
Hermiod
Admiral
 
Hermiod's Avatar
 
Re: Albino's "Guards"

I imagine they were paid mercenaries. The man was in hiding and was an enemy of three of the most respected men in the Empire.

The Albino might have been a Klingon, but if he was he shows distaste for his own people by calling them "scum". Maybe that's why he didn't hire Klingons.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2009, 02:09 PM   #6
Too Much Fun
Commodore
 
Too Much Fun's Avatar
 
Re: Albino's "Guards"

2 of 10 wrote: View Post
I am recalling that Jadzia claimed a few kills in the fray.
No, I don't think she killed anyone, just knocked them out. I believe she was so nervous at the prospect of killing anyone that she couldn't bring herself to kill the Albino. I suppose her not killing the Albino could be interpreted as just holding back because she wanted to let Kang have the death blow, but I doubt it.

I think it's more likely that she just couldn't go through with murdering someone (even if that's what she was supposedly there for) and didn't know Kang was still alive. Maybe, just to clarify, she should have said something to Sisko and Kira in that last scene. Something like, "don't worry, folks, I didn't kill anyone...just knocked a few suckas out with my bat'leth."
Too Much Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2009, 02:15 PM   #7
Photon
Commodore
 
Photon's Avatar
 
Location: Dixie
Re: Albino's "Guards"

Too Much Fun wrote: View Post
2 of 10 wrote: View Post
I am recalling that Jadzia claimed a few kills in the fray.
No, I don't think she killed anyone, just knocked them out. I believe she was so nervous at the prospect of killing anyone that she couldn't bring herself to kill the Albino. I suppose her not killing the Albino could be interpreted as just holding back because she wanted to let Kang have the death blow, but I doubt it.

I think it's more likely that she just couldn't go through with murdering someone (even if that's what she was supposedly there for) and didn't know Kang was still alive. Maybe, just to clarify, she should have said something to Sisko and Kira in that last scene. Something like, "don't worry, folks, I didn't kill anyone...just knocked a few suckas out with my bat'leth."
I would have like to see some continuity and Sisko still be pissed at her and had her throw in the brig for 30 days
Photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2009, 02:55 PM   #8
SilentP
Commodore
 
SilentP's Avatar
 
Location: is in a very lonely Corner of the Circle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP
Re: Albino's "Guards"

2 of 10 wrote: View Post
Good Post !! They were totally lame, granted that they were fighting three of the best warriors in the Empire, also I am recalling that Jadzia claimed a few kills in the fray. I am under the impression that a few Betazet Counsilers could have done the same thing...
Maybe the mercenaries were people who failed red shi....I mean Security training in Starfleet Academy?
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2009, 11:56 PM   #9
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Albino's "Guards"

Red Ranger wrote: View Post
What I want to know is, was the Albino a Klingon albino, or an albino of some other race? -- RR
I highly recommend to you the "Excelsior" novel, "Forged in Fire".

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Albino
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.