To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old March 15 2009, 12:02 AM   #1
cynical dreamer

Is anybody still playing Legacy for the 360?

I'm wondering if anyone still plays this game for the 360 on xbox live or just in general.

I love the game despite all of it's glaring faults. I do wish the mods made for the PC version could be adapted for use in the 360 version. Would add so much extra life to the game.

I'm thinking of renewing my xbox live membership now that i own this game but only if there's going to be people to play against. For those that do play, is there usually a number of people to match against?

p.s. anyone know where I can buy a copy of Armada 1 and 2 for PC and whether they work on Win Vista?
Old March 16 2009, 01:29 AM   #2
Sin87
Lieutenant

Re: Is anybody still playing Legacy for the 360?

I gave it a try online, but I never bothered actually getting out of the lobby & into the match as I changed the disc too GRAW, but I know from checking the friends list of one of the people in that lobby that he had about 20 people on his list that showed they'd played the game recently.

I wouldn't use Legacy as the way to justifying whether to get your xbox live membership renewed as there's a "LOT !" better games than Legacy out there.

As for getting a copy of Armada, I would look at torrent sites as the game's almost impossible to find in shops & from what I've heard second hand copies are very pricey on sites like E-Bay. The game dose fully work on Vista as its never crashed with me.
Sin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2009, 09:55 PM   #3
CaptJimboJones
Vice Admiral

When I played the game about a year ago, I tried playing it online but almost never found anyone else. And that was a year ago.
Old March 17 2009, 04:54 AM   #4
cynical dreamer

That's too bad. I kind of like the game and see promise for it's multiplayer aspects.

I long for the day that we get a Trek game that is good enough to gather a large fanbase and lots of people to paly against (and is actually a great game).

As for Armada, I'm going to continue to keep my eyes out for it. Some pawn shop somewhere in town must have a copy lying around.
Old March 19 2009, 03:42 PM   #5
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

cynical dreamer wrote: View Post
I'm wondering if anyone still plays this game for the 360 on xbox live or just in general.

I love the game despite all of it's glaring faults. I do wish the mods made for the PC version could be adapted for use in the 360 version. Would add so much extra life to the game.

I'm thinking of renewing my xbox live membership now that i own this game but only if there's going to be people to play against. For those that do play, is there usually a number of people to match against?

p.s. anyone know where I can buy a copy of Armada 1 and 2 for PC and whether they work on Win Vista?
I still have the game on the 360 and i am slowly going through it again on admiral...i have tried online games a few times and its dead, nothing and nobody seems to be playing it online ever.......i even set a game up one night and left it on to see if anybody joined...40 mins later and nothing.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2009, 05:01 AM   #6
Destructor
Commodore

This was one of the first games I got when I got my XBox last year as I am a big Trek nerd. I played the through the single-player campaign and enjoyed it a lot, although it could have done with some cutscenes rather than just 'voices over ships'.

I tried to jump on for some multiplayer but didn't find it satisfying. The game now sits discarded but I keep it around in case I want to play some space combat sometime.
Destructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2009, 08:18 AM   #7
Akiraprise

I played through the game once on the PC. That was enough. I didn't care for it. Bridge Commander is way better.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30 2009, 11:38 PM   #8
Praetor
Vice Admiral

I like it. I am in the process of playing through it again. I got a free Xbox gold 30-day when my box red-ringed so I shall likely play a bit of Legacy Live in the near future with it.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2009, 01:51 AM   #9
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2

I still play skirmish mode from time to time, especially if I can play on my buddy's high def, man the game looks good that way. I check for other players online from time to time but have never found one. Next time I plan on doing it, I may post a message here with the time so that available people can have a game.

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2009, 10:33 PM   #10
Praetor
Vice Admiral

I'll play you when you do (when I activate my gold subscription.)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2009, 06:24 AM   #11
Roberto
Lieutenant

I tried the demo and really didn't enjoy it very much.
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2009, 09:53 PM   #12
apostle83
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to apostle83 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to apostle83 Send a message via Yahoo to apostle83

I would play online.
Old April 5 2009, 04:27 AM   #13
CaptainStoner
Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen

cynical dreamer wrote: View Post

Armada 1 isn't too bad to find, with some patience you should be able to get the disc for under $20. Armada 2, however, is much harder to come by. SFC3 and Armada 2 are probably the rarest Trek PC games, with BOTF, BC, and EF2 coming in behind them in rarity.
I don't have any experience with Vista.
CaptainStoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2009, 09:03 AM   #14
Akiraprise

To be honest I have never had all that much trouble getting Vista to work with any of my games. The original Max Payne being the exception. BC, EF2, Armada all worked without any issues.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2009, 03:26 PM   #15
TEH BABA
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to TEH BABA

wing commander 2 kilraathi saga worked better with vista then xp.