RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,320
Posts: 5,352,630
Members: 24,617
Currently online: 729
Newest member: CaptXeno

TrekToday headlines

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

View Poll Results: Chakotay / Seven pairing gets:
Thumbs up! 21 17.80%
Thumbs down! 97 82.20%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old June 13 2009, 12:04 AM   #46
Dark Gilligan
Writer
 
Dark Gilligan's Avatar
 
Location: an uncharted desert isle
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Mach5 wrote: View Post
But IIRC, they hold hands at Janeway's funeral, don't they?
Uh...yeah. It was a funeral. People have been known to hug at funerals too.
__________________
Visit DG's website at www.darkapostle.net
Dark Gilligan is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 12:56 AM   #47
RandyS
Vice Admiral
 
RandyS's Avatar
 
Location: Randyland
View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

exodus wrote: View Post
Chakotay & Seven are like Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher.
You know they're together but you're not exactly sure why.
True. The whole thing came off as forced and pointless.
RandyS is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 01:01 AM   #48
RandyS
Vice Admiral
 
RandyS's Avatar
 
Location: Randyland
View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

JustKate wrote: View Post
^ Wow, that's three "Harry and Seven" advocates, which is pretty amazing to me. Until Mach started this thread, I thought I might be the only one.
I think it's more likely that Harry had a crush on a woman way out of his league. Borg implants or no, Seven would barely know Harry was alive.

If she noticed him at all.
RandyS is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 01:10 AM   #49
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

RandyS wrote: View Post
I think it's more likely that Harry had a crush on a woman way out of his league. Borg implants or no, Seven would barely know Harry was alive.

If she noticed him at all.
Why would she be out of his league? I mean, what exactly was so wrong with him?
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell
Mach5 is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 01:18 AM   #50
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

He's a gerbil faced optimist with the emotional maturity of a turnip who falls in love at the turn of a hat and doesn't practice "safe" sex.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 01:34 AM   #51
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
He's a gerbil faced optimist with the emotional maturity of a turnip who falls in love at the turn of a hat and doesn't practice "safe" sex.
Yes, but what's wrong with him?
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell
Mach5 is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 01:44 AM   #52
RandyS
Vice Admiral
 
RandyS's Avatar
 
Location: Randyland
View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
He's a gerbil faced optimist with the emotional maturity of a turnip who falls in love at the turn of a hat and doesn't practice "safe" sex.
Yes, but what's wrong with him?
What Guy said.
RandyS is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 06:12 AM   #53
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
He's a gerbil faced optimist with the emotional maturity of a turnip who falls in love at the turn of a hat and doesn't practice "safe" sex.
Yes, but what's wrong with him?
Off the kuff?

The wrong twin. I recall being fascinated by the wrong twin once. I might have stood a chance with the moron, but the interesting sister was married already, but it's ust insulting to dribbly about one girl in the face of another throwing herself at you and... Bad karma all around.

Telepathic castration. This was his answer for being rejected sexually by a holographic windsurf teacher. I saw an episode of How I met your Mother were Dougie Howser demands a diagram to show him how to have sex on a windsurfing board because trial and error to this point had assured him that it was impossible, but I digress, when it was than within his power to verbally reprogram the lady into a nymph who was truly all about his pork sword, just like Kathy morphed a provincial Drunkard publican into a poet laureate for her very own sex pet, but then if he couldn't make a new doctor then why should we believe that he can make a woman who loves him?

Long distance. there was three years he could have been sending home made porn from one side of the galaxy to the other to amuse Libby, or Love poetry, but in all, all his WHINING about conversing with back home, it was all just about his Mommy and daddy. Yes that's right. He's a Momma's boy.

Romeoandjulietitus. He wanted the borgette because she was forbidden, but once she stamped his visa for her nether regions, he bolted like a bat out of hell. He wanted that girl with space herpes because she was forbidden, breaking the cultural taboos and common sense of sticking your Johnson where no Johnson has gone before against Starfleet protocols is a hanging offence, Pun intended. Hells, a bunch of sexy ladies said they were his sisters and aunties and he leapt at the chance to leap all over them with nary asking for a blood test to see exactly how close their familiaral relations might be? Then of course there;s his redundant wife, which is probably his only successful relationship that the bloke had, a one year old who was probably regarded as both his goddaughter and niece right up till the second they became naked together... Although Kes might have insisted that Neelix was the godfather, but then if they were both godparents, does that mean that Neelix and Kim were Godmarried? Long story short, too late, dude loves the drama.

The grass is Greener? I think he was into Chakotays girlfriend in Timeless. Did you see how loudly he professed about Chakotays sexual relations with a lady? Methinks the dude doth attest too much. is it his destiny to moon and pine after the Indians chippies? Could Chakotays hooks into her fidelity rekindle young Harry's infatuation with the Borgette?

Wingman. Kim packdates with Tom. Tom got the cream and Harry got the chum. Master Alpha and Master Beta. Obviously with Tom on the shelf he'd have to have found a replacement wingman and... Well, Neelix got married off too so i guess that leaves Icheb. Now that's creepy if Harry is now chum nibbling at Ichebs substandard teenaged castoffs.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; June 13 2009 at 07:39 AM.
Guy Gardener is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 07:17 AM   #54
Wicca who Wonta
Vice Admiral
 
Wicca who Wonta's Avatar
 
Location: Sweden
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Anyone would have been better for Seven than Chakotay. Sometimes I think they only paired the two together because they couldn't find anything worthwile for Chakotay to do in Endgame, so they created this implausible romance instead.
Wicca who Wonta is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 07:19 AM   #55
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Guy Gardener wrote:
Off... ...castoffs.
Uhm, sure... Yeah, whatever you say...

Wicca who Wonta wrote:
Anyone would have been better for Seven than Chakotay. Sometimes I think they only paired the two together because they couldn't find anything worthwile for Chakotay to do in Endgame, so they created this implausible romance instead.
I always thought TPTP gave Robert Beltran's character a hot T&A / ships Barbie doll just to shit him up, because he kept whining about Chakotay not getting enough "development" and stuff.So it was like: "Here's your development - your character scores the hottest chick on the ship, he's all cool and every trekkie in the galaxy envies him, now kindly back off and STFU"
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell

Last edited by Mach5; June 13 2009 at 07:30 AM.
Mach5 is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 07:36 AM   #56
xman
Commander
 
xman's Avatar
 
Location: Lotus Land, eh
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

I didn't see it coming and I didn't think too much of it, but because it was well played, I accepted it.

X
__________________
He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot. ~ Douglas Adams
xman is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 07:37 AM   #57
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

"Mommy, daddy, was it love at first sight when you met each other?"

"Actually son, I tried to flush her out an airlock."
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 07:50 AM   #58
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
"Mommy, daddy, was it love at first sight when you met each other?"

"Actually son, I tried to flush her out an airlock."
Actually, that doesn't sound so bad. Beats the hell out of "I loved your mom the moment I first laid eyes on her!"

IMO, it's what (didn't) came after that's in question.

[BTW, dude are you quoting "Gossip Girl?" ]
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell
Mach5 is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 07:50 AM   #59
Wicca who Wonta
Vice Admiral
 
Wicca who Wonta's Avatar
 
Location: Sweden
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

^^ And he was one of the people who had the least faith in Seven during the years, which makes the pairing even more surprising and implausible.
Wicca who Wonta is offline  
Old June 13 2009, 09:06 AM   #60
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Mach5 wrote: View Post

[BTW, dude are you quoting "Gossip Girl?" ]
Even relying on the awesome resources of a 24th century Starship, Kathy would be turned to mint jelly if she got caught in-between Blair and Chuck strutting and puffing out their chests at each other for total dominance over the upper east side.

I started watching for the field hockey and kept watching for the overlapping unrequited come overquited four dimensional love polygons. It's like they turned emotional viscera into legos for goodness sake.

Besides for all it's pathetic girliness and unconvincing weak conclusions when I'm expecting a traincrash into maybe a sack of puppies, the strong continuity and inepisodic constant incremental LOGICAL growth of the characters from wallflowers into monsters and the flowing over lapping almost love making plotlines make for some stern entertainment.

I would be so happy if Voyager could've planned a season a tenth as well as Gossip Girl, that from week to week what happened before and after on this Star Ship lost in space actually mattered in the slightest.

Besides? Have you seen Roman Holiday? Comedy of errors and mistaken identity on the way to true love? Quite possibly the greatest story ever told.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
chakotay, romance, seven of nine

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.