Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 24 2009, 04:27 AM   #1
Smiley
Rear Admiral

Comic TPB Guides

As someone who's only been into comics for a few years, I still find it hard to navigate through a character or group's back catalog to know what issues have been collected, what the rough publication order was, where the various miniseries and tie-ins fit, and how the renumbering of titles and volumes has gone.

Here are a couple of sites that contain much of the information I seek regarding the X-Men:

http://reviews.ebay.com/X-Men-Trade-...00000001356101

http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syl...res_rpsy_alt_1

Has anyone found fan sites or other online resources for collecting and reading trades of a particular character/title/series/group?
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2009, 04:33 AM   #2
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: Comic TPB Guides

This one is pretty good for Superman:

http://www.supermantrades.com/
Old June 24 2009, 12:51 PM   #3
Mr Light
Admiral

I too have faced this problem. These trades should really be numbered or have a comprehensive list at the front, they want to sell more books don't they? Also they ALL need to have a recap/intro at the front, VERY few do.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2009, 07:48 PM   #4
coolghoul
Fleet Captain

I too face a similar problem. I don't know which trades are necessary for a particular event ( similar to the recent post about Infinite Crisis) that I want to read and also don't know of a good way to find out what are the Trades releasing in a particular month. Marvel's trades for a month is easier to lookup. DC's "graphic novel" is just an alphabetical listing - haven't figured out where they put out what their latest releases are. (And most of the release info is related to the individual comics - not the trades - I have to wade thru stuff in order to get the Trades info)

DC's (I think) is a bad site - it consistently defeats my web-fu. eg. recently I figured out that Blackest Night #0 was a "free comic" and reasoned that it must be available digitally on their website but couldn't figure out where and gave up...

Back to the matter at hand - I wanted to check out all the trades that go into "Secret Invasion". The only way that I've figured out is searching Amazon.com for Secret Invasion - it at least gives me some trades information. However, it doesn't give me a reading order. Helpful people do have collections listed for Secret Invasion on Amazon.com but the one I saw wanted me to read House of M and such stuff - which is a ways behind. (I don't really want to go back to the very beginning of stuff either).

Recently, I wanted to know which trades make up Dark Reign. I haven't figured it out still...
Old June 24 2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Here's a site with DC's TPBs listed in chronological order in terms of DCU storytelling. It isn't a complete list and there are a couple of placements that one could argue, but it's a good list.
Old June 24 2009, 09:23 PM   #6
Mr Light
Admiral

Blackest Night #0 was a free giveaway comic on Free Comic Book Day in May. If you didn't it get that day, it isn't free anymore As Secret Invasion trades I think they all kinda take place simultaneously since the entire event only takes place over a couple of days.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote