Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 17 2009, 03:23 PM   #76
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Hermiod wrote: View Post
nx1701g wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Though, an under achieving statutory rapist (How old was Lana? I think she was old enough, because they were more worried about him losing his job, than going to jail.)?
Actually it was revealed in a later episode that Lana never had sex with Jason Teague.
What is with the guys in this show ? Lana was old enough, it's just that Jason was a football coach at the school.

The only guy who ever seemed to get any was Jimmy - and only because they did it before he was actually on the show.
Well, it was implied that Chloe and Jimmy shacked up after they reunited. Remember the whip cream?

Also, Ollie and Lex got some a couple of times.
Old June 17 2009, 04:12 PM   #77
Hermiod
Admiral

^The guys on this show aren't exactly a bunch of sexual predators, though.

This is, of course, not surprising. Sexually aggressive men might put off the network's core audience. The CW prefers men to be tied up and shirtless.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2009, 06:10 PM   #78
nx1701g
Admiral

Update:

Sam Witwer has turned down the CW's offer to return for Season 9.
Old June 17 2009, 06:30 PM   #79
wamdue
Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
Update:

Sam Witwer has turned down the CW's offer to return for Season 9.
good, I was not keen on how his character made Chloe act.
Old June 18 2009, 01:47 AM   #80
Procutus
Admiral

Broccoli wrote: View Post

Well, it was implied that Chloe and Jimmy shacked up after they reunited. Remember the whip cream?

Yeah, who could forget that?

Old June 18 2009, 02:30 AM   #81
Agent Richard07
Admiral

wamdue wrote: View Post
There are of course people who argue that Superman is the real person, and Clark is the secert identity, but that is not something Smallville could ever pull off.
I always thought it was the other way around. Clark is the real person and Superman is the "act". Maybe it's because what Lois & Clark did with the character made an impression on me.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I've been accepting of the notion that Smallville is indeed it's own alternate universe.
Well, if you want to get technical, every version of Superman is its own universe. That's not something that's unique to Smallville.

Anyhoo...

I'm not happy with what they did to Jimmy. Did DC really panic and make the show runners kill off the character? I'll admit that after seeing the episode, I was glad that there would still be a "Jimmy", I'm just not happy that they had to do a retcon on the one we knew.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2009, 02:39 AM   #82
wamdue
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
wamdue wrote: View Post
There are of course people who argue that Superman is the real person, and Clark is the secert identity, but that is not something Smallville could ever pull off.
I always thought it was the other way around. Clark is the real person and Superman is the "act". Maybe it's because what Lois & Clark did with the character made an impression on me.
that is pretty much how I see it as well, but yeah Lois & Clark was my first Superman as well.

that said I tend to think that there are 3 personalties.

1) Superman, the act he puts on for the public so that people like him.
2) Clark Kent, the guy works at the Daily Planet and types at an average speed, so as not to give himself away.

and the real personality 3) the real Clark Kent, the guy who wakes up in the morning, cooks toast with his heat vision, and listens to the police scanner via his super hearing whilst he puts on his suits.
Old June 18 2009, 02:49 AM   #83
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ Lois & Clark wasn't the first version of Superman I was exposed to, it just sticks in my mind as a well fleshed out version of the Clark/Superman character and I took a lot away from that.

As for the "three personality" idea, the Christopher Reeve movies did that, but Lois & Clark stuck with just one version of Clark.
Old June 18 2009, 03:21 AM   #84
wamdue
Admiral

I dont think Clark when he is by himself in his apartment, is the same guy as Clark when he is out for public, for obvious reasons.
Old June 18 2009, 03:28 AM   #85
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ Only difference there was that he used his powers, his overall character or personality didn't change.
Old June 18 2009, 03:34 AM   #86
wamdue
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
^ Only difference there was that he used his powers, his overall character or personality didn't change.
I would say that most of the time that is true, but anyone who has to hide a part of themselves in public, is going to behave slightly differently in public even when you are not using or being that thing you have to hide.
Old June 18 2009, 03:39 AM   #87
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ The way I saw it was that he simply didn't use his powers in front of people and sometimes made excused to get away. He didn't have the full-scale Christopher Reeve-style act. A lot of people hide things to varying degrees and Dean Cain's Clark Kent was no different.
Old June 18 2009, 03:52 AM   #88
wamdue
Admiral

or the times when he was chasing the story, take down his glasses, and use his X-Ray vision whilst Lois was looking the other way, or use his super hearing.

The whole clumsy weak Clark Kent thing just seems silly, sure it wont hurt for him to drop a cup once a year, or cry off sick when a few other people are, but apart from that, he does not need to take it to far.

Of course that is not a problem Clark has in Smallville, there is that much Kypronite around, he does not need to fake anything, all the mean characters have seen him weak for some reason.
Old June 18 2009, 04:18 AM   #89
Buck Rogers
Captain

Well I have a wait see attitude on this season coming up.
I'm not looking forward to Friday night at 8pm since I could be working by that time,and it depends on who is my employer also the work schedule.

I had an interview with Family dollar today looks promising,but I'm having second thoughts if I get the offer.
Still no word from Radio Shack yet,but tomorrow I'm going to the Lego Store in Annapolis,MD to follow up the compensation is double what Family dollar would pay me to do the same Job as assistant Mgr.

That's all for now

Signed

Buck Rogers
Buck Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2009, 04:22 AM   #90
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

^Good luck on your job search. If you work during Smallville, you can also catch it online at the CW website. They usually stream the episodes on their site the following week.