Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 13 2009, 05:07 PM   #46
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Wouldn't be great if they started ringing up old guest stars and tying in the old stories to the new stories?
They tried that two years ago with the Veritas storyline. It was very sloppy and forced.
Old June 13 2009, 08:52 PM   #47
nx1701g
Admiral

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Wouldn't be great if they started ringing up old guest stars and tying in the old stories to the new stories?
They tried that two years ago with the Veritas storyline. It was very sloppy and forced.
Partially because of the writer's strike, but that's my opinion.
Old June 13 2009, 10:38 PM   #48
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

They brought in new relatives to characters they killed off, who in turn they again too killed off, if we're talking about Swans daughter and Doctor Quinn medicine Woman's Husband the Doctor from Voyager...

SOOOOOOOOOOO sloppy.

Bringing back "Boone" or Jane Seymore or her kid from Super natural from the grave some how (yet easily) would have had some right kick. Besides, I'm still waiting to see how they saved Luthor's brain.

Talkng alnbino Gorilla please.

maybe that Flash Gordon kid could come back again, after pulling a Deerhunter in a POW camp for the last 5 years?

"Why didn't you save me Clark? save me? You could have finished that war and saved thousands of American's in a day. You're just so damn selfish."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2009, 10:54 PM   #49
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
Partially because of the writer's strike, but that's my opinion.
I don't know how much the strike had to do with this, but I'm more referring to how they tried to connect everything together, from the Swans to the Teagues to the Queens to the Luthors. It seemed very forced and disjointed, mostly because they were trying to reveal that it was all connected from the beginning, when it really wasn't. It was a noble effort (especially since there was feeling of "final season" that year), but it didn't work the way, I think, the producers wanted it to.
Old June 13 2009, 11:42 PM   #50
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The Queens did die in the first episode.

I got such woody.

Im glas they at least tried to make some hay out of it eventually.

Old June 14 2009, 12:07 AM   #51
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

The Queens did die in the first episode
Which was just an easter egg for fans, which turned out to be lucky the did that, so they could cram the Queens into Vertias.
Old June 14 2009, 01:13 AM   #52
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I love Bart, I truly do, the boy could stand to more on the show, but I was a little left amiss that they seemed to show the Flash in the Pilot too... Wasn't there a wonder woman reference too?

Is Oliver "turning" evil?

Is dark Oliver and the Injustice League going to be at the heart of everything next year?

He's fighting a war, it's idiotic to think that there wouldn't be casualties, accidental or otherwise considering the sheer bulk of explosives he has to purchase to keep his discount running.

Then I wouldn't mind seeing a few episodes about Dark Lana driven insane by her "suit". Happy lana pisses me off, but she's almost tolerable when she's allowed to play a villain... besides if Zod is coming to Earth, Clark would be a fool not enlist her aid now that she's the Kryptonite woman. Besides being that close to a point of contagion, you'd think that she would begin developing powers as well as the suits natural abilities?

Old June 14 2009, 05:41 AM   #53
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

I love Bart, I truly do, the boy could stand to more on the show, but I was a little left amiss that they seemed to show the Flash in the Pilot too... Wasn't there a wonder woman reference too?
Clark is reading an article about a really fast kid, but it never gives the kid's name (obviously meant to be a nod to Flash). In theory, it could be Bart, but it could also easily have been some other kid that has a super-speed power. Like the Queen reference, it was a throwaway reference.

I remember reading that there was a Wonder Woman reference, but I don't recall what it was (assuming I even caught it in the first place).
Old June 14 2009, 05:43 AM   #54
nx1701g
Admiral

^ One of the headlines referred to the Queen of Themyscira addressing the United Nations.
Old June 14 2009, 05:51 AM   #55
wamdue
Admiral

^ One of the headlines referred to the Queen of Themyscira addressing the United Nations.
that seems illogical, dont Themyscirans generally want to live by themselves on their little island? why would they want to address the UN?

Why would they want to leave Themyscira and risk there narrow & bigot view of the world being challenged?
Old June 14 2009, 05:55 AM   #56
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

However, I bet that if Smallville wanted to introduce Wonder Woman, they could/would ignore that headline if it interfered with their story.

On another note, I just checked DC Wiki. Apparently it does give the speedster's name as Scott Higgs. Guess it isn't Bart.

wamdue wrote: View Post
that seems illogical, dont Themyscirans generally want to live by themselves on their little island? why would they want to address the UN?

Why would they want to leave Themyscira and risk there narrow & bigot view of the world being challenged?
It was probably just meant as a throwaway reference for eagle-eyed fans and not to be taken very seriously.
Old June 14 2009, 06:06 AM   #57
wamdue
Admiral

It was probably just meant as a throwaway reference for eagle-eyed fans and not to be taken very seriously.
sorry, should not have over reacted.
Old June 14 2009, 06:39 AM   #58
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Bart might not even be "Bart" since he was travelling during his first episode with several fake ids, including papers for Jay Garrick and Wally West... Though, I'm not sure if I saw this, or there were spoilers before hand assuring me that it was going to happen in a few weeks and it may have or may not have actually taken place on camera.

The dark aged Christians burning false prophets might not have been completely barking up the wrong tree, if they had to deal with half the speculation for the future of their club as we do for smallville that never comes to pass.

Old June 14 2009, 07:38 AM   #59
nx1701g
Admiral

I apologize to everyone I was incorrect. The headline was Themyscira Queen addresses Vatican and it was in Season 3's Asylum.
Old June 14 2009, 03:34 PM   #60
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

I apologize to everyone I was incorrect. The headline was Themyscira Queen addresses Vatican and it was in Season 3's Asylum.
That's it NX, I shall never trust you ever again!

wamdue, if you wanted to place this in context with "comics canon", perhaps the Queen's visit was to see if man was still as bad as they thought, and the visit went so bad, politically, that it made the Amazons want to hide even further.