USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 11 2009, 07:23 PM   #31
wamdue
Admiral

Re: Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

but Clark is a hero now, he is the Red/Blue Blur sure he is not Superman but it is the best we are going to get, and given all the shame he feels about how people have died becasue of him, and people have died keeping his secert, how he blames himself for every single meteor freak, its a minor mircale he is a hero, and he certainly would not be the big public hero that Superman is.

As for his flying, his superleap in Doomsday seems very impressive, im sure if he really wanted to he could start to fly, after starting from a leap, which is maybe more realistic than him just floating up, like he has done before.

Truth is Smallville could turn itself into Lois & Clark if wanted to, Lois & Clark investigate the story, to help drive the plot Clark uses his power (X-Ray or Superhearing) to discover what the villain is up to, the Red/Blue blur makes a quick appearance to stop the bank robbery, Lois reminds none the wiser, but growing ever more in love with the Red/Blue blur, end credits.

Dare I say it, but I see no reason why every single Clark Kent has to end up as the standard Superman, this Clark has had a very different life to other Clarks (who for the most part had all there teen angst off screen, without Lex or a totally massive amount of Kypronite) way I see it, this is bound to mean he becomes a different type of hero to what might normal happen, the almost limitless supply of Kypronite for one, is a good reason why he does not hang around for cameras.

There are of course people who argue that Superman is the real person, and Clark is the secert identity, but that is not something Smallville could ever pull off.

The biggest problem this Clark has, is that he does not seem to be that bright, and far to naive, he really needs to learn to be a hero by himself for a bit, not working with Chloe, Oliver or even Lois. He has had so many people around him he has never needed to learn these things for himself.
Old June 11 2009, 08:34 PM   #32
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

This Clark becomes Superboy Prime thanks to Superboy Prime's reality punch! Smallville should be one of the 52 multiple Earths just so that we can get a comic crossover with our Superman! I pretty much feel the same way as Brent, keep ranting on how much CW is prolonging the show. I don't care that the intent is to tell stories about Clark Kent's "Youth" he's 23 or something now and the showrunners have done interviews all last season promoting his journey in becoming Superman. If the Red-Blue Blur is indeed Superman...then they should just stop teasing us with Superman-esque stuff (like the cape). As Lionel Luthor once told Chloe, it's time to grow up now and leave all this high school silliness behind! One of my favourite moments all time on the show was in "Legion" when I think Garth asks Rokk and Imra if they've come to the wrong timeline or something like that. I laughed so hard! It was like his own WTF did we just encounter and how the hell can he not FLY yet!

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2009, 11:25 PM   #33
blockaderunner
Rear Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
This Clark becomes Superboy Prime thanks to Superboy Prime's reality punch! Smallville should be one of the 52 multiple Earths just so that we can get a comic crossover with our Superman!
I've pretty much made up my mind about that too. It's easier on the migraines. When I watch Smallville nowadays, I take comfort in knowing that while this Clark is Red/Blue Blurring all over the world and denying/accepting/denying again his destiny, the real Superman is elsewhere kicking back with the rest of the Justice League between bouts with Darksied and evacuating tsunami victims.
If God is willing but not able to prevent evil, he is not omnipotent. If he is able but not willing, then he is malevolent. If he is willing and able, then whence come evil? If he is neither willing nor able, then why call him God?
blockaderunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2009, 11:45 PM   #34
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I've been accepting of the notion that Smallville is indeed it's own alternate universe. In a world where Superman does not exist and Bruce Wayne is embargoed...there is the Red Blue Blurr, Earth's greatest champion of justice and freedom!

Old June 12 2009, 01:54 AM   #35
Procutus
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post

I've been accepting of the notion that Smallville is indeed it's own alternate universe.

Based on the last several seasons, I'd go along with that assessment. It certainly would explain a great many things.
Old June 12 2009, 02:31 AM   #36
Cmndr J Crichton
Commodore

The only real 'Superhero' is The Green Arrow. He prowls the rooftops, hunting criminals and brings them down. He already has the twin identity thing down pat. I was sorley pissed that they made him out to be a bad guy in the last few episoded last season. At least G.A. has the balls to do what needs to be done. Clark really needs to step up, finish Jor El's training and become the hero he's destined to be. It's the only way he can become Superman. He was in mid training when Chloe stopped it in Season 5. Imagine how Clark would be if he completed his lessons with Jor El? He's definately be at least flying by now. I think this show frustrates me more and more every season. He should've learned to fly when Kara came on the show.
Old June 12 2009, 04:21 AM   #37
nx1701g
Admiral

Cmndr J Crichton wrote: View Post
The only real 'Superhero' is The Green Arrow.
What about:

- Aquaman
- Black Canary
- Cyborg
- Flash (as was identified on 'Watchtower's' monitor)/Impulse
- Martian Manhunter
Old June 12 2009, 11:25 AM   #38
wamdue
Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
Cmndr J Crichton wrote: View Post
What about:

- Aquaman
- Black Canary
- Cyborg
- Flash (as was identified on 'Watchtower's' monitor)/Impulse
- Martian Manhunter
I have to agree, Green Arrow is a big hero in this "verse" of course he is still only human, and like Batman is limited to Gotham, Green Arrow has his limits as well, sure he can fly around the world on his plane with the Justice League, but where Superman is truly a global superhero (not that you would know it in some versions) that is not the case here.

Smallville accidently made the first & best live action Green Arrow, all he is missing is a show of his own, and a crossover with Robin Hood
Old June 12 2009, 01:43 PM   #39
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

I don't see a 'Hero', I see a vigilante. Fine line, but he's definitely crossed it this past season, if not from the very beginning.
Old June 13 2009, 12:47 AM   #40
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Just an observation about the Davis/Zod possibility that some have suggested...I watched part of the episode where Lois is inhabited by Fauroa and (I think someone may have pointed this out) she says to Davis that he looks the spitting image of his father! So now that I've reviewed that it is certainly possible that Davis could return portraying Zod instead of another actor. I'll have to rewatch the final scene from the finale again as well to see if Zod looks like Davis...its hard to tell from his back.

Old June 13 2009, 03:17 AM   #41
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I wonder what sort of old man make up they'll stick him in? Zod is a contemporary of Jor-El so should look like some one who could be Clarks pappy... How hard would it be to make Sam look 50?

Oh, no.

I figured out the end of next season already.

Clark strips Zod of his powers and has the general serve out the life sentences of his sons murder spree.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2009, 04:15 AM   #42
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

^ Or they'll just put him in the nut house as he'll probably be going on with "I'm Zod from Krypton! Kneel before me!"
Old June 13 2009, 05:44 AM   #43
nx1701g
Admiral

You know the prison idea isn't exactly a bad one.
Old June 13 2009, 06:27 AM   #44
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
You know the prison idea isn't exactly a bad one.
Depending on how it is done, it could work. However, this assumes that the Doomsday/David Bloome stuff will be remembered by next year. Smallville has a tendency to forget previous season arcs when they are completed.
Old June 13 2009, 06:37 AM   #45
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Wouldn't be great if they started ringing up old guest stars and tying in the old stories to the new stories?

This monster can't die, so might as well try to do a decent job.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote