Spock Documentary Close To Funding Goal
By: T'Bonz on Jun 29

Retro Review: Heroes and Demons
By: Michelle on Jun 27

Spock Die Cut Mouse Pad
By: T'Bonz on Jun 26

Trek Actors Get A Raise
By: T'Bonz on Jun 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old June 7 2009, 10:40 PM   #46
Captan_Picard
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: What bridge design do you like?

Ok, I think I need to move on to adding more detail.

It would look like this Shape:

/|
\|

Sorry its pore, but thats the best I can do at the moment

Above, is a dome which is adapted to the shape of the ship desighn. It spans the full arrow.

The walls are the same color as the Enterprise-E, but are carpet instead of steal.

The floors run way is a black carpet which is part of the rest of the floor, the front part goes in a arrow in front of the captains chair and the tip ends in between the two forward stations.

The sides are a lighter grey.

The endges of all the councels have a comfort type card which is red.

Now, before we continue, the next message will contain a image of the ship. I did NOT desighn the exterior of the ship.

Only came up with the desighns for the interior.

After that. continue on to the next message.
Old June 7 2009, 10:41 PM   #47
Captan_Picard
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Old June 7 2009, 11:28 PM   #48
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

The bridge of the USS Enterprise as seen in the original series will always hold a special place in my imagination.
Ryan Thomas Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 11:34 PM   #49
Captan_Picard
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ok,

I will continue this another day. I had a bunch typed. But I lost it. I'm hungry and pissed. For some reason the web page refreshed. Blame the site. LOL.

Anyway I hate retyping crap.

As for the response. Grow up. The OS ship wasn't that well designed and you should make room for new designs.

Later.
Old June 7 2009, 11:44 PM   #50
Trevacious
Captain

NCC-1701 wrote: View Post
Honorable mentions also go to the bridge of the NX-01, which looks very functional, and the bridge of the Enterprise-D, because it introduced the wonderfully clean and sleek look of the Okudagrams.
Yeah, but just imagine the kinds of shenanigans that could go on behind the Captain's back.

I like the original bridge layout best, because the Captain can take in everything going on with a swivel-glance.

(Although, having his back to the door doesn't seem too wise to me -- he could have a quicker reaction time to intruders if the door was forward.)
Trevacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2009, 12:04 AM   #51
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Captan_Picard wrote: View Post
Ok,

I will continue this another day. I had a bunch typed. But I lost it. I'm hungry and pissed. For some reason the web page refreshed. Blame the site. LOL.

As for the response. Grow up. The OS ship wasn't that well designed and you should make room for new designs.

Later.
Lulz. You wouldn't say that if you knew how much more logical and efficent the TOS bridge is than the rest of them.
Old June 8 2009, 07:11 PM   #52
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Captan_Picard, please don't post so many times in a row. Use the edit feature instead.
Old June 8 2009, 08:04 PM   #53
NIUPonyBoy
Captain

Send a message via AIM to NIUPonyBoy Send a message via Yahoo to NIUPonyBoy

I like Star Trek VI's Ent-A bridge.
NIUPonyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2009, 08:00 PM   #54
Captan_Picard
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
Ok,

Later.
Lulz. You wouldn't say that if you knew how much more logical and efficent the TOS bridge is than the rest of them.
Ive seen the bridge, not very effecent. Please don't let this be another moron attack board. Really. The bridge I created is very effecient.
Old June 10 2009, 08:13 PM   #55
Captan_Picard
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Captan_Picard, please don't post so many times in a row. Use the edit feature instead.
Oh. God. cry your heart out. Another post on not liking how the post is. instead read the damn post and tell me what you think with a monocome of sense. I don't type it all into one window because I don't know the message boards text limit and that was a lot to type. And the last one was quite long before I stopped and tried to post. It didn't post. So I dropped out and didn't describe the Medical bay & the corridors. But since then I have refined the bridge. Every few feet there is a break in all locations, including the bridge in the carpating for a duratanium bulkhead or some peace for support made out of duratanium. These are for main support and only run about 6 inches in width and run floor to ceiling every 10 feet. Although the bridge is every 7. Some corridors may have a little more width. Where the emergency lights at the top of the wall on the bridge, where the emergency lights stand is a duratanium bulkhead made to run the room, & a plate extends down on to the emergency lights. These matching plates run in necessary places for the ship which have the emergency lights which includes besides the bridge is: Sickbay, Engeneering, corridors. Even in quarters a plate or 2 can be found with the lights in the main entryway to alert its patrons of a emergency.
Old June 10 2009, 08:33 PM   #56
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Captain_Picard, cool your impulse thrusters. You're getting aggro over nothing.
Old June 11 2009, 03:51 AM   #57
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Oh. God. cry your heart out. Another post on not liking how the post is.
I think it might be a good time to point out that I'm a moderator and doing my job. That's what the rules say, I can't help it, I'm just letting you know
Old June 14 2009, 10:09 PM   #58
Captan_Picard
Lieutenant Junior Grade

looks like I found another crap site. Because I am speaking within the topic.

I do not know the font limit of a post or if it is unlimited, and not to mention a post didn't post.

I am not angry over nothing.

There are NOT many trekies local to me and so far I cant find any decent trekies out there on the web.

We got the startrek.com moron boards.

People getting into one piss fight after another, alls I want to do is talk trek in peace and I am speaking within the topic.

So, if you want me to try for fewer posts,

have the server operators:

1) Fix there servers so posts go threw.
2) Either make the text limit be known, so when I reply I see the limit and how many I typed so far or to make the text a unlimited number.

I did not see the moderator below your user name...lol. I suggest you make that known when your going formal so I know if your just chatting or not.

Back to the topic:

Engines/The ships weopon/Sheilding capabilities are now listed:

*Standard Photon torpedos.
*Quantom Torpedo's (from the enterprise-E.
*Armor and torpedo's from endgame.
*Numerous technologies from the ship the Doctor appeared on in message in a bottle:
*Abladive haul Armor
*Regenerative sheilds.
*Its prototype phasor technology
*NOTE: It does not have multi vector assault mode do to a incompadibilities
with the armor technology.
*Phasor upgrades introduced by a borg drone from the 29th century which grew on Voyager.
*The Enterprise F is also in violation of the Treaty of Algeron as it has a Federation cloaking device aboard.
*Primary & secondary warp core - the secondary warp core is in use as an act of a new technology to sustain a warp threshold for longer periods...however if the primary warp core is lost it can be converted to serve as the primary in 2 to 3 hours. (TIME TO CONVERT MAY VERY DO TO NUMBER OF OFFICORS WORKING ON THE TASK OR SHIPS CONDITIONS)
*The Enterprise F's primary warp core can be converted within 3 hours to go to transwarp using the prototype technology intvented on Voyager in the delta quadrent. However this requires benamite crystals which are extremely hard to harvest & only can be kept for 24 hours and then are lost. Voyager had stopped using it do to a sensor issue which had been solved.
Old June 14 2009, 10:13 PM   #59
M
Vice Admiral

Oh man, there are days when I just love the Trek BBS!
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 10:20 PM   #60
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

Um, Captan, no one's yelling at you or telling you your posting off topic. No one's getting pissy or starting fights.

And I've never met a moderator over my 10 years of message board experience who ever started a post by saying, "BEHOLD! I AM THE MODERATOR AND THIS I DECREE..."