Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old June 3 2009, 07:45 PM   #1
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Law & Order: SVU season finale (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Some of you may have seen the bit that one of the characters would be offed. It's true, but not any of the series regulars like Munch, Fin, etc. They killed off O'Halloran, the CSU tech. Damn shame, really. He was cool.

What's worse is, that it was Stuckey (the upstart ultra-nerd even-more-annoying-than-Wesley-Crusher CSU assistant) who killed him! Here's how it is: The SVU squad had collared an insane conspiracy nut (T3's Nick Stahl) but Stuckey screwed up the blood evidence collected thereby. Flummoxed with guilt, Stuckey not only planted the guy's fingerprints on evidence, but he killed two innocent people (a bystander, plus the perp's defense attorney), murdered his boss (O'Halloran) who was onto him, and tried to kill a judge!

This episode did have one of the best judge one-liners though. Stabler shows up at her house and he says "Apologies, Judge Donnelly, this isn't a social call." She looks at him and says "Then this is highly improper. (pause) And a pity."

Also it had a fairly hilarious scene at the end when Stabler is about to be killed by Stuckey, and Benson shows up. She does that good-cop-bad-cop thing she and Stabler are always doing to confuse suspects. But in the course of this, she has to really beat the hell out of Stabler! And she has to snog Stuckey, as well, which was a most revolting bit.

(Side note: Does Noel Fisher - i.e. Stuckey - always play annoying losers like this? Trust me, Wesley on his WORST DAY was not this bad.)
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2009, 08:44 PM   #2
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc
Re: Law & Order: SVU season finale (MAJOR SPOILERS)

I knew Benson would turn up - I just predicted she'd put two bullets in the guy.

Now he's got the thought of snogging Benson to jerkoff to when he's in prison awaiting the execution.

As for beating the hell out Stabler - maybe she was channeling the views who've been pissed off with Elliot being a dick all season!

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2009, 08:49 PM   #3
Roger Wilco
Admiral

I'm so glad Stucky is gone, that guy's been really pissing me off ever since he first appeared.
Old June 3 2009, 09:35 PM   #4
nx1701g
Admiral

I thought it was a pretty good episode and, I'll admit, that I didn't expect Stuckey to be the killer and thought it really was Stahl's character. Truth be told though I still think this was a little lackluster for a season finale (especially when both CM and MH have yet to sign on for another season). They should have ended it with the faceoff with the sound of gunshots and ended it there.
Old June 3 2009, 09:55 PM   #5
Daneel
Rear Admiral

I guessed about halfway through the episode that Stuckey committed the subsequent murders, trying to make up for his error in some twisted way. After Nick Stahl exclaimed that he didn't kill the woman at the beach --and Stuckey finding that fingerprint on the soda can a little too easily-- it seemed logical that they were headed in that direction. I'm just glad Stuckey's gone, as he annoyed the piss out of me. I kind of wish Olivia had shot him up good, but oh well.

I agree it was kind of lackluster for a season finale. It certainly didn't seem to set up anything for next season, much of which appears to be up in the air. I'd assume that Meloni and Hargitay will be back, but you never know. And who's going to be the ADA? Greylek won't be returning (thankfully), so will somebody new come in? Could Alex Cabot possibly return for some more appearances next season? That might be kind of cool.
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2009, 09:56 PM   #6
Aragorn
Admiral

Next season on SVU, Coy Stabler and Vance Benson.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2009, 12:15 AM   #7
nx1701g
Admiral

It's being rumored that Season 11 may have a Cabot/Novak tag team with alternating ADAs.
Old June 4 2009, 12:52 AM   #8
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
It's being rumored that Season 11 may have a Cabot/Novak tag team with alternating ADAs.
Novak was disbarred (last season's finale), so that would be rather difficult...
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old June 4 2009, 12:55 AM   #9
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Babaganoosh wrote: View Post
Novak was disbarred (last season's finale), so that would be rather difficult...
Maybe the New York Bar Association can change it's mind

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2009, 12:57 AM   #10
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

Marc wrote: View Post
I don't know. I always assumed that disbarment was permanent. Any offense that would cause something like this, is not likely to be one that can ever be made up for.
Old June 4 2009, 02:29 AM   #11
nx1701g
Admiral

Marc wrote: View Post

I don't know. I always assumed that disbarment was permanent. Any offense that would cause something like this, is not likely to be one that can ever be made up for.
I actually believe that you can be readmitted after a set time period if you meet guidelines prescribed (and pass the review). I remember that in the season finale they suspended her for one year with an ABA review scheduled to occur one year after those events. It's also possible she passed the bar of another state and was admitted on a reciprocal agreement.
Old June 4 2009, 02:45 AM   #12
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

I enjoyed the episode, but that Stuckey character was a freak. I'm glad I missed his earlier appearances.

O'Halloran was hot.
Old June 4 2009, 02:55 AM   #13
nx1701g
Admiral

I have to admit my favorite part: Munch's ex-wife.
Old June 5 2009, 09:49 PM   #14
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

I can't believe they killed O'Halloran! I know it was necessary for the story, which almost makes up for the annoying episodes of Stuckey's presence, but damnit I loved O'Halloran!

(Side note: Does Noel Fisher - i.e. Stuckey - always play annoying losers like this? Trust me, Wesley on his WORST DAY was not this bad.)
Quite on the contrary, until this episode, I was very disappointed that the writers were wasting his acting talent with a character like Stuckey. He had great guest appearances on Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Life and he was wonderful on The Riches, where I first saw him. Nonetheless, I'm still a little disappointed in seeing how he was utilized, but it was good to see him play a different kind of character.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2009, 11:58 PM   #15
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Nick Stahl is a terrible actor.

At least, he was in T3.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote