TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 30 2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Jan
Commodore

B5 Movie book now available

I just got word from Captain Jaclyn that the TV movie book is now available for order. There's some particularly cool stuff in this one, I think.

Featuring these Scripts
• Thirdspace
• The River of Souls
• The Legend of the Rangers
• The Lost Tales

These TV Movie scripts are twice the length of a single episode of Babylon 5 and are the page count equivalent of EIGHT episodic scripts making it the second biggest book ever with more than 450 pages!

ALL THAT PLUS THESE SPECIAL BONUSES
  • The included version of The Legend of the Rangers is an early draft that is 20 pages longer than the script that was filmed, which means you get to read scenes and exchanges of dialogue that never made it to the screen.

• Exhumed from Joe's vault, a 3-page fragment of an outline detailing the premise for a Psi Corps feature film. Focusing on The Telepath War, and appropriately titled "Wars of the Mind," JMS' notes reveal the background of the conflict -- teeps vs. teeps, the cast of characters -- including the identity of the Interstellar Alliance's Vice President, and the explosive deaths of two B5 regulars -- something hinted at, but never stated in an official series document.

• The lost tale from The Lost Tales. Did you know that there were originally three lost tales, not two? The middle segment, never produced due to production considerations, featured Michael Garibaldi making a startling discovery on Mars. Only a handful of people involved in the production have ever read this script, but now you can enjoy this "lost" installment.

• The original short story on which The Lost Tales segment "Over Here" was based. It's called "The Darkness Between the Stars" and was originally published in the now out-of-print seventh issue of The Book of Dark Wisdom (Fall 2005). See how JMS adapts a story from one medium to another and witness a different ending than the one that concludes the B5 version.

• J. Michael Straczynski's personal, behind-the-scenes photos taken on the set of The Lost Tales and The Legend of the Rangers -- included in these 36 images are the last pictures taken of Andreas Katsulas as G'Kar.
Like the rest of the script books, there's a $10 discount for the first week it's available and it will only be available for 90 days.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 06:54 PM   #2
Pilot Ace
Captain

Re: B5 Movie book now available

This sounds like a particularly awesome release, primarily due to the extras. This one is a no brainer to add to my collection of the scriptbooks.
Pilot Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 07:58 PM   #3
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Is it me or is there a movie missing? The Crusade pilot movie?

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 08:10 PM   #4
Jan
Commodore

From what I understand, "A Call to Arms" will be included when the Crusade books are published.

Jan
Old January 30 2009, 08:11 PM   #5
Neroon
Mod of balance

I have to wait until I get home to order mine. It's that whole online shopping at work thing.....
Old January 30 2009, 08:12 PM   #6
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Fair enough. I may get this just to read the Garibaldi thing.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 10:16 PM   #7
Harvey
Admiral

Money is a little tight on my end right now, but I would like to have this. I'll have to see if I can shore up some funds in the next few days.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2009, 12:56 AM   #8
Neroon
Mod of balance

Okay, I just ordered mine. And I can't believe I did it again. When these all first started coming out, I really didn't think I'd get them all. Unfortunately for my bank account .....

Old January 31 2009, 02:03 AM   #9
Jan
Commodore

Neroon wrote: View Post
When these all first started coming out, I really didn't think I'd get them all.
How do you think *I* feel? I thought I'd sample the first one but really didn't think I'd get them all since I already had all of the scripts. Silly me...

Jan
Old January 31 2009, 02:09 AM   #10
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

Is "Wars of the Mind" something different than "The Memory of Shadows"?
Old January 31 2009, 02:21 AM   #11
Jan
Commodore

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
As far as I can tell, yes, very different. TMoS was reputed to be a story about an investigation into the death of somebody close to Lochley with some involvement with the Techno-mages and Shadow-tech. At least that was what was reported in some casting calls.

Jan
Old January 31 2009, 07:15 PM   #12
JoeD80
Captain

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure "Wars of the Mind" is the feature film jms had in mind while the series was still in production -- he referred to "a possible feature film" several times as season 5 was in production in 1997 and 1998. The Memory of Shadows wasn't planned until 2004. I am looking forward to this outline, even if it is only a "3-page extract" from it!
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2009, 12:31 PM   #13
chrisspringob
Commodore

All of the previous script books that I bought were back when I was living in the good ole' USA. Now I'm in Australia. How are the Cafe Press people with international shipping?
chrisspringob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2009, 01:20 PM   #14
Jan
Commodore

chrisspringob wrote: View Post
All of the previous script books that I bought were back when I was living in the good ole' USA. Now I'm in Australia. How are the Cafe Press people with international shipping?
From what I've heard, they ship to over 40 countries. At one point there was an issue with VAT or import taxes being charged due to mislabeling of packages but as far as I know that's been fixed. If something of the sort does happen, though, write to the Scripts Team and they'll work with Cafe Press to make it right.

Jan
Old February 1 2009, 01:27 PM   #15
Jan
Commodore

JoeD80 wrote: View Post
I am looking forward to this outline, even if it is only a "3-page extract" from it!
That's literally all there is of it, though. It's not extracted from a larger document, it looks like it was just preliminary notes JMS was making for himself.

Funny thing, I'd been hearing that JMS planned to do the Telepath War for years but I'd never managed to find where he'd said so in his posts or interviews. It wasn't that I'd doubted it, but this premise fragment is nice proof.

Jan