IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old November 14 2010, 08:18 AM   #91
MHT1138
Fleet Captain

Re: DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

I'm new to the forum, but an old fan of DS9! The best damn show ever! Go Niners!
MHT1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2010, 08:33 AM   #92
Lrrr
Ensign

Greetings! I'm currently watching the series for the first time. I've been a fan of the other shows for a long time but never made any effort to get into DS9. Until recently. After a recent marathon rewatch of Voyager, which I've always considered my favorite, it occurred to me how absurd it was that there was an entire seven-season ST show that I knew nothing about, other than it involved a space station of some sort.

So I decided to check out Emissary. Other than the painfully long "WHAT IS THIS" shtick with the prophets, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I've been "Netflixing" my way through the series since. By the end of the first season, I was intrigued but not completely sold. By the end of the second season I was interested and with it. I was solidly hooked by the end of the third season. By the end of the fourth season, it seems I fell in love when I wasn't looking.

I find DS9 to be the richest, most interesting of the Trek series. Especially after spending so much time in the Delta quadrant with Voyager, DS9 is a great way to revel in the various species, events and political happenings of the Alpha quadrant. There have been some fascinating stories and interesting character development, and every season gets better and better. I'm genuinely excited to get into season five.

I finished the season four finale ten days ago and because of the holidays and a little bit of general slackishness on my part, the disc turn around has been slow. I've gotten used to watching two or more episodes every night. It's been ten days and I'm missing it hard. I'll receive the first disc of season five tomorrow. I can't wait. I'll likely watch all four episodes on the disc in one shot.
Old January 13 2011, 01:28 PM   #93
reversepolarity
Lieutenant Commander

Used to watch DS9 in the 90's, just re-discovered the brilliance of it all! Look forward to getting to know you all.
reversepolarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2011, 04:46 AM   #94
Cwj
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi everyone!
A couple weeks ago I started watching DS9 from the beginning. Before that I had only seen maybe a dozen, random episodes ten or so years ago.
Anyway I just finished season 2 ("The Jem'Hadar" being the last), and I'm really loving this show. I keep reading that it starts to get good after season 4, but I think the first 2 seasons were excellent.
I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the show. It's quickly becoming my second favorite Trek series (TOS being #1).
So, hello fellow DS9 fans
Cwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2011, 10:20 AM   #95
Iliana Malek
Lieutenant

Greetings, all! I've been a fan of Trek since the 80s, when I watched the new episodes of TNG as a little kid. DS9 is definitely my all-time favourite of the series, and I look forward to meeting other Niners!
Iliana Malek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2011, 10:21 AM   #96
Iliana Malek
Lieutenant

Sorry for the double post, computer had a hiccup.
Iliana Malek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2011, 12:55 PM   #97
Angus Dax
Ensign

Hello, DS9 forum members! My name's Angus Stone. My username obviously indicates which member of the main cast I liked the most... and it wasn't Ezri!

Despite the recent Battlestar Galactica remake, it is still my opinion that Deep Space Nine is the best space saga television has to offer. No other Trek series could hope to match the complex character interactions and large scale dramas that this series offered!
Angus Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2011, 10:18 PM   #98
heavylids
Lieutenant Commander

Greetings fellow Niners!

Deep Space Nine has been my favorite Star Trek series for many years. I think the cultural and social issues addressed throughout the series were groundbreaking even for Star Trek standards. There was a depth in the characters and story that I have never seen in any other sci-fi television show. Although I love all things Trek, DS9 in my opinion will always be the best the franchise had to offer.
heavylids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2011, 08:02 PM   #99
PikeFan
Commander

View PikeFan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PikeFan Send a message via Yahoo to PikeFan

Hi! I'm PikeFan

DS9 was only cool for me when I was young because I loved Bashir. When I grew up I realized it was just as deep as TOS. and BAMF Sisko is the bast!
PikeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2011, 04:37 PM   #100
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

Greetings to all of you; it seems we Niners have gotten pretty behind on the warm welcomes. Sorry 'bout that!
Old February 20 2011, 09:44 PM   #101
KHAAAN!
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi, I'm a huge Niner from way back when it was still broadcast on TV. I can still remember my excitement as a waited each week for new episodes, and watching the promos for next week's episode dreaming of what it could be, and hoping it wasn't another Ferengi episode . I remember my despair as I found that there would be no new episode for the next week. I think I still have some old VHS tapes of the show that I recorded. My favorite characters were always Jadzia and Julian, and my favorite episode would have to be "Ex Post Facto", mostly because it had the Obisidian Order/Tal Shiar team up and Garak torturing Odo.
KHAAAN! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2011, 04:45 PM   #102
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

Welcome aboard, KHAAAN!

However, I'd like to point out that "Ex Post Facto" is actually a VOY episode!

You're thinking of "The Die is Cast".
Old February 25 2011, 05:17 AM   #103
DS9
Lieutenant

Hello, I'm DS9 and in case you can't tell by my name I'm a huge DS9 fan, in fact it is my favorite series. I know other Trek fans that HATE DS9 and that just kills me because I think the show is the best overall series.

I will be lurking around these parts from time to time and it is good to be here to chat with other 9ers!!!!!!!!!!!
DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2011, 01:21 AM   #104
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile

Hi DS9 - how are you?
Old March 1 2011, 01:25 AM   #105
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Well, I'll be damned.

The station itself finally joined our forum.