Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old November 22 2009, 10:42 AM   #46
fishingforships
Lieutenant

Re: DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Well I figure I ought to introduce myself too. I just got a computer a few months ago and am coming into my full Trek frenzy. I can download pictures and movies now with relative ease, which is great. I missed most of DS9 after the fourth season and have been really pissed off with my lack of information during the Dominion war. I just got season five and six and am most of the way though them both -Dax look's great at her wedding- and am finally happy. I also followed the rest of the series from a young age but always believed that DS9 was the most under appreciated of the bunch. Just because they didn't do so much Boldly Go as they did in the other series just meant that the writers had to put more effort into the characters and their interactions.
fishingforships is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2009, 07:15 PM   #47
Crimea River
Commander

Send a message via AIM to Crimea River Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimea River Send a message via Yahoo to Crimea River

Welcome to the DS9 forum, fishingforships. Absolutely love your name xD. And I can understand being irritated at lack of knowledge of the war. Those are some great episodes as well.

Will be gone Thursday-Saturday.
Crimea River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2009, 05:16 AM   #48
mattyhugh
Lieutenant Commander

fishingforships wrote: View Post
Well I figure I ought to introduce myself too. I just got a computer a few months ago and am coming into my full Trek frenzy. I can download pictures and movies now with relative ease, which is great. I missed most of DS9 after the fourth season and have been really pissed off with my lack of information during the Dominion war. I just got season five and six and am most of the way though them both -Dax look's great at her wedding- and am finally happy. I also followed the rest of the series from a young age but always believed that DS9 was the most under appreciated of the bunch. Just because they didn't do so much Boldly Go as they did in the other series just meant that the writers had to put more effort into the characters and their interactions.
DS9 'Boldly' Went. Just not in the traditional alien of the week sense usually.
mattyhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2009, 04:35 AM   #49
StardustSteph
Lieutenant

View StardustSteph's Twitter Profile

Hello there everyone! I'm new here, just stumbled upon this forum today and got very excited. I'm a big Star Trek fan. I love TNG and VOY, but DS9 has to be my ultimate favorite. It was such a captivating series that I recently re-watched a few months ago. I could watch them all again right now. I absolutley loved the character development and story lines in DS9. Also, Odo was my favorite character . I look forward to posting on here and getting to know all of you!
StardustSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2009, 12:24 PM   #50
PSGarak
Fleet Captain

Welcome! Glad you have you join us. Odo is an awesome character!
Old January 2 2010, 08:20 AM   #51
Treker
Lieutenant

Hi guys new member.

Proud to call myself a Niner
Treker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2010, 03:53 PM   #52
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

Hi and welcome!

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2010, 04:42 PM   #53
Zardoz
Ensign

Zardoz speaks to you. The gun... I mean, DS9 is good, the new movie is evil. The new movie spreads idiocy and mediocrity, which has always been a plague of man. DS9 was ahead of its time, and made its viewers think, and consider the story being told. Except the Ferengi episodes. But at least the large ensemble cast was not neglected in favor of only two or three main characters. Zardoz has spoken. Go forth and watch DS9.
Old January 9 2010, 05:21 PM   #54
snakespeare
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to snakespeare

Hello Zardoz, you won't find an argument here. DS9 was the best Star Trek TV Series. The new movie is for non-Trekkers. I would add that the Star Trek Novels are really cool, especially the re-launches. Welcome, and enjoy the discussions.
snakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2010, 05:54 PM   #55
Zardoz
Ensign

Zardoz speaks.

Zardoz enjoys some of the novels, but finds that the newer novels do not interest him. Some of the older novels have also not aged well for him. Zardoz misses having a good Star Trek series like DS9 on the air.

Zardoz has spoken.
Old January 13 2010, 04:07 AM   #56
TheKeeper
Commander

Can I call myself a Niner if I haven't quite seen the entire show yet?

It's a long story. Trek fan from way back in the days of TOS syndicated reruns, followed the movies and TNG. DS9's "Emissary" blew my mind, and I followed Nine through the first four seasons during its orignial broadcast. After that, the local station started playing games with the schedule every few weeks and I lost track of the show. I caught occasional episodes through the next three years, and the reruns were scheduled at awkward times of the day or night. In short, there's significant episodes and events I just haven't seen yet. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole show eventually, even if I have to rent them like a dilettante.
TheKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2010, 01:47 PM   #57
Lovok
Cadet

Big time Niner here and it's awesome to find a place where people appreciate this show.

About me? Uh... I love Romulans
Lovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2010, 01:26 PM   #58
6thFleet Steve
Cadet

Yet another newbie who loves DS9. You know i didn't get it when it first aired, but years later I got the boxsets and it has now grown to become my favourite series. Regularly work my way through all 7 series.
Old February 9 2010, 05:23 PM   #59
maneth
Captain

I like DS9 too. Great character development and I love shows with proper story arcs rather than being a collection of disjointed episodes that could be watched in any order (I'm looking at you, TOS).
Old February 16 2010, 09:51 PM   #60
Diddle
Lieutenant Commander

Man, honestly, I fell a little sorry for myself because I've spent so much of my time hating deeply DS9, but never bothered watching more than two episodes. Now I watched a hole bunch a fell weeks ago and I can't stop watching it now, in so little time DS9 managed to go from my least favorite series to 1st with TNG, in less than weeks, and I haven't even finished watching it yet. I don't know why I hated it so much, but that's past now, DS9 is incredible.

Diddle is offline   Reply With Quote