Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old June 12 2012, 11:08 AM   #151
Sarahjs
Ensign

Re: DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Hi Everyone. My name is Sarah and I love Star Trek. Hmm, this sound like I am at a Star Trek Addicts Anonymous meeting, apologies, I am hopeless at introductions.

Deep Space Nine is currently my favourite Star Trek, I am currently on Season 5. I have also watched TOS, TNG and VOY. I particularly like how DS9's episodes mostly tie into one another, more so than the other Star Trek series.

Mainly I have signed up for this site in order to be in a community with other Star Trek fans. Most of my friends think I am a bit odd for liking Star Trek.

See you around.
Sarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2012, 12:05 PM   #152
Ln X
Fleet Captain

Sarahjs wrote: View Post
Hi Everyone. My name is Sarah and I love Star Trek. Hmm, this sound like I am at a Star Trek Addicts Anonymous meeting, apologies, I am hopeless at introductions.

Deep Space Nine is currently my favourite Star Trek, I am currently on Season 5. I have also watched TOS, TNG and VOY. I particularly like how DS9's episodes mostly tie into one another, more so than the other Star Trek series.

Mainly I have signed up for this site in order to be in a community with other Star Trek fans. Most of my friends think I am a bit odd for liking Star Trek.

See you around.
Nothing wrong with being addicted to Star Trek, I watch all on my own in the privacy of my bedroom an episode of DS9 each night.

Welcome on board!

Caption contest: DS9
Ln X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2012, 02:43 PM   #153
Sarahjs
Ensign

Ln X wrote: View Post

See you around.
Nothing wrong with being addicted to Star Trek, I watch all on my own in the privacy of my bedroom an episode of DS9 each night.

Welcome on board!
Thanks for the welcome! I watch with my mom - she is the only person who will watch Star Trek with me. She likes watching TV series in general - not Star Trek particularly, but she is tired of the repeats shown on TV all the time and is happy to watch something new.
Sarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2012, 03:17 PM   #154
Ln X
Fleet Captain

I watch with my mom - she is the only person who will watch Star Trek with me. She likes watching TV series in general - not Star Trek particularly, but she is tired of the repeats shown on TV all the time and is happy to watch something new.
Nice! I watch Star Trek with my whole family, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Plus I watch some extra episodes late in the night...

Caption contest: DS9
Ln X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2012, 11:14 PM   #155
ILOVETREK1701
Lieutenant Commander

Hi I love ds9 and all trek but ds9 is one of my faviorites. Call to arms is my favorite episode and i'me happy to be here.
ILOVETREK1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2012, 10:08 PM   #156
EnabranTain
Cadet

Good day to all. I am Enabran Tain. I am above all else a true, die-hard Niner. I wish you all well.
Old July 22 2012, 12:54 PM   #157
GulGoneCrazy
Lieutenant

Hi everyone!I'm a Heavy metal fan who is secretly also a Star trek fan especially the DS9 fan!
I watched almost all Star Trek series as a kid and i started watch DS9 series again recently.My favorite race are Cardassians and i adore dominion war battle scenes .
My favorite episodes are the Chain of command part 1 and 2 from TNG.
I got a lot of friends but none of them watched Star Trek so i have no peoples to talk about star trek around me so i am glad to be here!

For Cardassian Union!
GulGoneCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2012, 03:52 PM   #158
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

another Niner reporting in
I'm a big fan of everything Klingon. It's a nice idea that the future might not only hold corrupt split-tongued politicians but also a planet full of beings who value honor, hearty food and a good sense of humour. (plus I have a weakness for long-haired men... )

My favourite DS9 epi is Profit and Lace. Yeah, sisters! - We females have the lobes for anything we decide to do!
Old July 29 2012, 02:53 AM   #159
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

Greetings to all our new fans!
Old August 4 2012, 12:02 AM   #160
kirsten187
Curmudgeon at large

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile

Hello all new fans. I keep meaning to check in on this thread since DS9 is my favourite but it keeps eluding me!

"Come to Quark's, Quark's is fun, come right now, don't walk - RUN!" Quark
kirsten187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2012, 06:28 AM   #161
Snowlilly
Lieutenant

Watched DS9 back in the day but am currently rewatching it from Season 1 as I missed quite a few episodes and didn't see most of them in sequence so it will be nice to get to do that.
Snowlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2012, 08:08 PM   #162
kirsten187
Curmudgeon at large

I've got all the episodes on DVD boxsets and watch random episodes from time to time. I really need to watch them all again in order.

Old August 21 2012, 10:24 AM   #163
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Hello Fellow DS9 Fans!

This is my first time posting here, and I've watched a little of all of the other Treks, but when I saw DS9, I knew that one was for me. I first got into it a few years ago, after the reboot movie came out. I really liked the reboot movie and it put me in the mood to watch more Star Trek. My mother likes TOS, and I think that's alright. I used to watch a little TNG as a kid and liked that a lot, but no series ever made me feel hooked on Star Trek like this one.

It's nice to have a place to post about this stuff with people who like it too.
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2012, 02:25 PM   #164
kirsten187
Curmudgeon at large

Hi Spock/Uhura Fan - glad you could join us

Old October 8 2012, 07:01 AM   #165
callea
Ensign

Hi, everyone. I'm pleasantly surprised to see a place where people are still talking about Trek.

Currently rewatching DS9. Started at season 7. Then went back to season 1. Finishing up season 2 now. I don't remember when I started watching DS9, but I'm finding I either don't remember or just didn't see most of the episodes. I only vaguely recall even the season 7 episodes.

I probably came in late to the series, because as a kid, I was a bit of a Trek snob and refused to watch TNG for a few years because it wasn't "real Star Trek". I may have done the same for DS9 -- or just not known it existed until it was a couple years in.

I did live in the boonies where you needed one of those hideously enormous satellite dishes to get more than 2 channels.

I also missed some episodes, because we rarely had decent reception the channel it was on. It was the only thing we watched on that channel, and it was a 2-person operation. One person to rotate the gigantic antenna and the other to tell them when to stop.

When I think back to watching DS9 through all that static, I really appreciate streaming video.
callea is offline   Reply With Quote