Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old April 26 2009, 01:50 AM   #1
commodore64
Vice Admiral

If Enterprise Came Back

We know it has an extremely low chance of coming back, but ... if it did, what would you want to see and how would you want to see it?

How? I would love for Enterprise to start webisodes, only Internet episodes to cut down on various costs that were provided by Paramount. I'd love to see the original cast back, including Shran (Combs) and Soval (Graham). Since science fiction is generally enjoyed by people who are technologically savvy, I think this would be an excellent alternative, and I'd be willing to pay for each episode. Imagine Enterprise at its lowest ratings and if everyone paid a dollar per episode. I think they'd probably have the same budget.

What? Manny Coto had the right idea in general, but some crappy specifics (Cloud Miners?! Cloud Miners?!!!!!). Let's get Joss Whedon in here for some real character enhancement and development. I would love to see:
* More of the Vulcans. I don't mean a bunch of emotional retards, I mean Vulcans as they were intended to be brought to us a la Leonard Nimoy. I want statuesque, logical (with emotions teeming underneath), arched slanted eyebrow Vulcans. I'd love for them to explain some of the mythos that we know about.
* Less relationships. I don't care who's sleeping or pining for whom. I just want good, interesting characters.
* More character development. Why is it that Hoshi can speak languages with just a sample provided to her? Let's explore that. What was Travis' life like as a boomer (Horizon expanded)?
* Let's go to Denobula. Let's even tie them to the Cardassians.
* Let's go to Andoria and meet their muckity mucks. (Maybe we can see Shran "die" as defined in TATV.)
* More of the Romulans, plotting and planning in the background, yet following strict canon provided by TOS.
* Let's meet one of Spock's relatives (other than T'Pau) for giggles -- like Skon, Sarek's father.
Old April 26 2009, 02:34 AM   #2
Middleman
Captain

View Middleman's Twitter Profile
Re: If Enterprise Came Back

The Romulan War. One whole season of it.
Old April 26 2009, 03:14 AM   #3
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

Warp 6 upgrades to the NX-01 and 02 along with tractor beams, a perk of the growing relationship Earth enjoys with the Vulcans.

Trip is named captain of the NX-03, the Asimov. Some episodes focus on the NX-01 and some on the NX-03; sometimes they work on a mission in concert.

Coalition building begins. The Romulans don't take that very well and begin making incursions in the region.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2009, 03:59 AM   #4
commodore64
Vice Admiral

You know, it might be cool if Trip was captain and he worked in concert with the Enterprise on various missions.
Old April 26 2009, 04:13 AM   #5
miraclefan
Commodore

Isn't the NX-O3 called CHALLENGER in the novels?

THEY WERE THE JUDGES!
miraclefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2009, 04:20 AM   #6
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

miraclefan wrote: View Post
Isn't the NX-O3 called CHALLENGER in the novels?
I have no idea. I've only read The Good That Men Do. Have barely started Kobayashi Maru.

I'm not opposed to changing the ship's title to Challenger.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2009, 04:26 AM   #7
Skywalker
Admiral

Challenger would be the likely choice if they continue naming the NXs after U.S. Space Shuttles. The first one was (obviously) Enterprise, and Columbia was second. Challenger was third, followed by Discovery, Atlantis, and Endeavour.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2009, 04:31 AM   #8
miraclefan
Commodore

I always thought that that the names of the next cupple of NX-class vessels should be NX-O3 CHALLENGER (Obvious reasons) NX-O4 BABEL ( a little connection to Babel one arc, PLUS it was a GREAT film) NX-O5 AKIRA (I figured this may explain why in the future the AKIRA has such a resemblance to the NX class, my story would be that the NX-O5 is destroyed in a ALAMO style battle with the romulans, and so it remains a very popular design thru out the years)

THEY WERE THE JUDGES!
Old April 26 2009, 04:35 AM   #9
commodore64
Vice Admiral

Just as a comment, no one is mentioning the how. What do you folks think of a webisode vs. television episode?
Old April 26 2009, 04:41 AM   #10
miraclefan
Commodore

If we get new eps of ENT I don't care how we get them, HELL I'll even pay to watch new eps on the web!

THEY WERE THE JUDGES!
Old April 26 2009, 05:19 AM   #11
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

A mini-series or some TV movies.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2009, 08:50 AM   #12
lceb
Commander

I would love to have Enterprise back as a series, mini-series or a movie, or even as webisodes if nothing else could be done. I'd love to see something about the Romulan war, more of Vulcan and Andoria, Shran and Soval, Trip as a captain, what happens with Trip/T'pol, the crew getting promotions and going places, more ships (of any kind) etc,etc.... I would just be happy to see new stories with this Enterprise and these characters.
lceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2009, 10:08 AM   #13
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Middleman wrote: View Post
The Romulan War. One whole season of it.
Hear hear.

My Season V wish list:

• Starts off with a three parter framed in early 25 century where Nog discovers some 'Section 31' documents that reveal the true fate of the supposedly dead Charles Tucker. (I mean, lets face it, the hypothetical season 5 must start with a TATV fix, it's only natural)
  • Admiral Valdore is the main villain and Archers arch-nemesis during the Romulan war.
  • Lots of romance (star-crossed lovers light years apart during the times of war, could have been the greatest love story in star trek history [TM] )
  • T'Pol's Romulan ancestry is revealed, her spy-dad a major character with a back story explored in detail (flashbacks of T'Pol's childhood and stuff)
  • Many episodes showing the war from the Romulan point of view.

Last edited by Mach5; April 26 2009 at 10:32 AM.
Mach5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2009, 01:52 PM   #14
Middleman
Captain

View Middleman's Twitter Profile

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Starts off with a three parter framed in early 25 century where Nog discovers some 'Section 31' documents that reveal the true fate of the supposedly dead Charles Tucker. (I mean, lets face it, the hypothetical season 5 must start with a TATV fix, it's only natural)
A slim down version of "The Good That Men Do"? That works as long as Tucker doesn't remain in his Romulan persona for the entire season.

Admiral Valdore is the main villain and Archers arch-nemesis during the Romulan war.
Awesome premise, I love the concept of this rivalry.

Lots of romance (star-crossed lovers light years apart during the times of war, could have been the greatest love story in star trek history [TM] )
Something like we got in the two "Re-Launch" books? While this is is a very cool concept, I would much rather see Tucker get his own command and he is miraculously able to steal the NX-01's Science Officer to be his First Officer (amongst other things).

T'Pol's Romulan ancestry is revealed, her spy-dad a major character with a back story explored in detail (flashbacks of T'Pol's childhood and stuff)
I read that was one of Coto's ideas for a season 5 plot. I was never crazy about the idea, but if it's written well, it could work. It certainly would explain a lot about T'Pol's character.

Many episodes showing the war from the Romulan point of view.
Nothing beats a good war story with some excellent personal sub-plots mixed in. As long as Braga isn't writing it, we should be golden.
Old April 26 2009, 02:31 PM   #15
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Middleman wrote: View Post
Starts off with a three parter framed in early 25 century where Nog discovers some 'Section 31' documents that reveal the true fate of the supposedly dead Charles Tucker. (I mean, lets face it, the hypothetical season 5 must start with a TATV fix, it's only natural)
A slim down version of "The Good That Men Do"? That works as long as Tucker doesn't remain in his Romulan persona for the entire season.
The main problem with Trip is that, as horrible and retarded as it was, TATV officially counts as canon, therefore after his "death" Trip can never be Charles Tucker again. So after his Romulan adventure, he would have to assume a new identity.

But there is another way to fix TATV -

Lots of romance (star-crossed lovers light years apart during the times of war, could have been the greatest love story in star trek history [TM] )
Something like we got in the two "Re-Launch" books? While this is is a very cool concept, I would much rather see Tucker get his own command and he is miraculously able to steal the NX-01's Science Officer to be his First Officer (amongst other things).
Hmm, you already know how I feel about captains fooling around with their subordinates. A Captain and a subordinate have no business fraternizing, and that would go for TnT as well I'm afraid.

Many episodes showing the war from the Romulan point of view.
Nothing beats a good war story with some excellent personal sub-plots mixed in. As long as Braga isn't writing it, we should be golden.
I wouldn't worry about that. I doubt that Braga and Berman will ever again be allowed anywhere near Star Trek. Their lack of fresh ideas and out of the box thinking is what burried Trek in the first place (that's no big secret) hence the new boys in town (Abrams, Orci, Kurtzman, Lindeloff).

Last edited by HopefulRomantic; April 26 2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: not enough spoiler stuff behind the tags
Mach5 is offline   Reply With Quote