RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,399
Members: 24,626
Currently online: 595
Newest member: space2050

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old February 13 2012, 11:17 PM   #1
1bulma1
Lieutenant Commander

I wish Zoe Saldana would put on some weight for this role.

I know this JJverse is supposed to be an alternate reality or (whatever) but that is still not an excuse for actors not to look the part. Zoe Saldana is just too thin for the role Of Uhura. She is not even slim like Natalie Portman or Jessica Alba (both women have kids). Zoe looks very anorexic and very unhealthy.
And I don’t buy the excuse that she is always been this way....

She needs to add about 25 pounds.... http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/...132377425.jpeg

[Image posted inline is not hosted on webspace belonging to poster. Converting to link. - M']

Last edited by M'Sharak; February 14 2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: hotlinked image
Old February 13 2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Sandoval
Fleet Captain

Re: I wish Zoe Saldana would put on some weight for this role.

I glanced at your username and, combined with the topic, thought it said 1Bulemia1
Old February 13 2012, 11:32 PM   #3
FarStrider
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to FarStrider

1bulma1 wrote: View Post
I know this JJverse is supposed to be an alternate reality or (whatever) but that is still not an excuse for actors not to look the part. Zoe Saldana is just too thin for the role Of Uhura. She is not even slim like Natalie Portman or Jessica Alba (both women have kids). Zoe looks very anorexic and very unhealthy.
And I don’t buy the excuse that she is always been this way....

She needs to add about 25 pounds....

This is about the 3rd or 4th thread that you have started with this topic in the last year or two. . .and if I recall correctly, a couple of them have been closed. . . you would think that you would have gotten the message. . .

~FS
Old February 13 2012, 11:41 PM   #4
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

I know this JJverse is supposed to be an alternate reality or (whatever) but that is still not an excuse for actors not to look the part. Zoe Saldana is just too thin for the role Of Uhura.
Utter nonsense and foolishness.

Saldana looked like Saldana. Nichols looked like Nichols. There is nothing intrinsic to the role of Uhura which even suggests height and weight requirements of any kind.

Zoe Saldana is an extremely skilled, charismatic actor and a beautiful woman. I'm personally particularly looking forward to not-quite-seeing her again in Avatar II.
Old February 14 2012, 12:03 AM   #5
1bulma1
Lieutenant Commander

Sandoval wrote: View Post
I glanced at your username and, combined with the topic, thought it said 1Bulemia1
Make fun of me if you want but this is a serious matter. All this Hollywood actresses all look unhealthy, they feel they have to be a size 0 to be successful .it is not only sad it is a very dangerous illusion.

Reality Check

HOW MANY RECORDS HAS ADELE SOLD IN THE PAST YEAR?

Adele aint a size 0 you know.

Last edited by 1bulma1; February 14 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old February 14 2012, 12:05 AM   #6
Trekkie2
Commander

Saldana does not look "unhealthy," in fact, she looks much the same as she did when she filmed Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl, 10 years ago. She doesn't present the features that are associated with anorexia or bullimia. Her hair has shine, her complexion looks good, her posture is straight. The average weight for a women her height, 5'7" is 125lbs. She looks to be slightly less. She works out, she's going to weigh less than average.

I would say that there's more to the OP than concern for Saldana's health.
Old February 14 2012, 12:06 AM   #7
Sandoval
Fleet Captain

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Make fun of me if you want but this is a serious matter. All this Hollywood actress or look unhealthy, they feel they have to be a size 0 to be successful it just sad.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]HOW MANY RECORDS HAS ADELE SOLD IN THE PAST YEAR?[/SIZE][/FONT]
1. I didn't make fun of you.

2. Stop trying to mess with the font.

3. About 17 million.
Old February 14 2012, 12:09 AM   #8
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Make fun of me if you want but this is a serious matter.
It's not.

All this Hollywood actress or look unhealthy...
They don't.

God knows, if normal human beings fretted half as much about both Skinny Role Models and the Obesity Epidemic as various alarmists want us to, everyone would be in a state of terminal panic and confusion.
Old February 14 2012, 12:10 AM   #9
Sandoval
Fleet Captain

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
God knows, if normal human beings fretted half as much about both Skinny Role Models and the Obesity Epidemic as various alarmists want us to, everyone would be in a state of terminal panic and confusion.
Amen brother.
Old February 14 2012, 12:12 AM   #10
J. Allen
Easily Influenced By Friends

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Make fun of me if you want but this is a serious matter. All this Hollywood actresses all look unhealthy, they feel they have to be a size 0 to be successful .it is not only sad it is very dangerous illusion.

Reality Check

HOW MANY RECORDS HAS ADELE SOLD IN THE PAST YEAR?

Adele aint a size 0 you know.
It's not serious, and you have nothing but assumptions and griping. Welcome to the internet.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
Old February 14 2012, 12:15 AM   #11
Sandoval
Fleet Captain

Bored now...
Old February 14 2012, 12:18 AM   #12
1bulma1
Lieutenant Commander

I guess most Star Trek Fans today are into the Size 0 culture. This is so sad when you consider the fact that Star Trek leading females in the 80 and 90's like Deanna Troi from Generations and Captain Janeway from Voyager were the exact opposite of the super thin Hollywood culture.
Old February 14 2012, 12:19 AM   #13
Sandoval
Fleet Captain

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]I guess most Star Trek Fans today are into the Size 0 culture. This is so sad when you consider the fact that Star Trek leading females in the 80 and 90's like Deanna Troi from Generations and Captain Janeway from Voyager were the exact opposite of the super thin Hollywood culture.
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
Why does he keep posting like this?

I'm guessing proxy server.
Old February 14 2012, 12:24 AM   #14
1bulma1
Lieutenant Commander

Laptop Malfunction...Sorry.
Old February 14 2012, 12:26 AM   #15
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

I guess most Star Trek Fans today are into the Size 0 culture.
Wrong again.

We're just not hysterics about trivia and nonsense.

Not on alternate Mondays, anyway.

You should stop criticizing Zoe Saldana for looking like Zoe Saldana. She's clearly healthy and athletic, so her appearence is really none of your business.
Closed Thread