RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,724
Members: 24,210
Currently online: 808
Newest member: vagarcia74

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 26 2009, 11:56 PM   #76
Supreme Admiral
Captain

Send a message via AIM to Supreme Admiral Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Supreme Admiral Send a message via Yahoo to Supreme Admiral
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Remake... Without Joss

He's cool with it? Why doesn't that surprises me?
Supreme Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 12:00 AM   #77
Silent_Bob
Fleet Captain

Oh feth, does this mean we are going to get an Angel who sparkles?
Old May 27 2009, 12:56 AM   #78
Argus Skyhawk
Commodore

Well, remaking Buffy without Whedon, Willow, Xander, etc, is a stupid idea. It would be like rebooting Star Trek with non of the original characters except a guy named Kirk, flying around in a ship named something other than Enterprise.

However, Whedon's nonchalant response may indicate that even he realizes that, hey, it's just a show. We'll always have our DVD's or recordings or whatever of the TV series.

The remake is still a stupid idea, though.
Old May 27 2009, 12:59 AM   #79
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
Ethros wrote: View Post
Giles: "Your predecessor was the Slayer for 12 minutes. She prevented the apocalypse. I dare you to do better. Enlist at the Watchers Academy"
Buffy: "Seriously, with the talking to me? Not exactly getting the why."
I'm just go ahead and say that this quote is the best one so far.

That said, I kind of just want them to remake Buffy using the Star Trek script, because all these quotes make entirely too much sense.
Buffy- I might throw up on you.........

Mrs Summers- Buffy, you have to see this

cue wide shot of the Summer's new home
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 01:45 AM   #80
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

I just had a thought -- what if this is Buffy's version of The Nude Bomb?
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 01:46 AM   #81
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

Kuzuis must've owned a lot of AIG stock...
Old May 27 2009, 02:01 AM   #82
Plum
Rear Admiral

Just... wow. This is nuts.

Wanna see my impression of Gandhi?

od0_ital wrote: View Post
I'll only see this if they bring Paul Reubans back as a vampire.
The only good part of the original Buffy film was when he died. Crazy funny!
Old May 27 2009, 02:26 AM   #83
Mike Farley
Commodore

Making this movie without Luke Perry will be a HUGE mistake. H U G E !
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 02:27 AM   #84
Supreme Admiral
Captain

Send a message via AIM to Supreme Admiral Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Supreme Admiral Send a message via Yahoo to Supreme Admiral

Mike Farley wrote: View Post
Making this movie without Luke Perry will be a HUGE mistake. H U G E !
I agree with you!!
Supreme Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 03:59 AM   #85
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

Hermiod wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
Whoever came up with this idea should go back and watch what the Kuzuis came up with the last time they tried to do a Buffy movie.
It does remind me of Kevin McClory's endless attempts to remake Thunderball.
Or Dean Devlin still, after 12 years, trying to make his original vision for a Stargate sequel that completely ignores the TV series.

Too Much Fun wrote: View Post
It saddens me that nobody involved with the show became movie stars. James Marsters has only done TV guest spots and Dragonball. Angel (can't spell his last name) and Alyson Hannigan are TV regulars on modestly successful TV shows.

[...]I really expected Hannigan to blossom into a beloved movie actress. I was disappointed that after her brief time in the spotlight in the "American Pie" series, all she did was (ugh) "Date Movie".

I can't believe Sarah Michelle Gellar hasn't been in anything really good since 1999. It looks like the only movies she was in that were half decent were "Scream 2" and "Cruel Intentions"...but they weren't exactly masterpieces and she only had a cameo in the former. It's like the cast and crew of the show have the same curse that seems to follow most Star Trek actors after their Star Trek career ends.
Well, Michelle Tractenberg has had some film success with movies like Euro Trip & Ice Princess.

And while most of the actors haven't become huge stars, they do seem to be working steady, often getting regular TV gigs. Nicholas Brendan was a regular on Kitchen Confidential. Alyson Hannigan is on How I Met Your Mother. Charisma Carpenter had a recurring role on Veronica Mars. Anthony Stewart Head was a regular on Manchild in the U.K. David Boreanaz is the co-lead on Bones, a very solid success on FOX. Seth Green has, of course, gone on to all kinds of crazy stuff, like Family Guy, Greg the Bunny, & Robot Chicken. James Marsters played recurring baddies on Smallville & Torchwood. J. August Richards was a regular on Conviction. Amy Acker had some recurring roles on Alias & Dollhouse. Vincent Kartheiser is a regular on Mad Men. I'd certainly say they have a better track record than most former Star Trek actors (with the big exceptions of William Shatner & Patrick Stewart).
Old May 27 2009, 05:27 AM   #86
FreezeC77
Commodore

If this gets made I bet you dollars to donuts... Myley Cyrus will play Buffy
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 07:39 AM   #87
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Thrall wrote: View Post
Anyone who thinks Whedon is the cats meow here needs to check up on history. When Dave Greenwalt was sharing duties with him their shows were successes both commercially, critically, and creatively. Whedon gets all the credit because it was his creation. But Greenwalt deserved almost as much or just as much credit as Joss did because after he left the shows lacked focus, drive, and purpose. When Joss was put in sole command of The Buffyverse things slowly turned to mediocre crap. Buffy Seasons 6 and 7 had almost more loss of veiwers per average then Heroes seasons 2 and 3. Yet no one was blasting Whedon the same way they blasted Tim Kring. Mostly because Kring doesn't have a leigion of Death Cultists dedicated to his praise and worship. And Kring sucks.

So Whedon by himself is not always a good thing. More often then not, it tends to be kind of bad. Look at Dollhouse. If Greenwalt was involved rather then Whedon I'd have more confidence in it. But neither are involved, so it will probably be just as forgetable as the first one was. That being said, it will still probably be more watchable then the last two seasons of Buffy and the last season of Angel. Because if Whedon was in charge of this thing, you could just ditch the title "Buffy" and rename it "The Spike Movie".
I may be a strange case because I first watched Buffy and Angel on DVD and often watched 2-3 episodes a day, but the only part of any of the series I didn't really like were parts of Angel season 4. People always complain about Buffy season 6 and 7 but I thought they were pretty good. Maybe not quite as good as the previous seasons but still very enjoyable.

Kaijufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 11:34 AM   #88
Ethros
Vice Admiral

As it syas in that article, they had only had about 10 seconds interview time with Joss. So I imagine he was being quickly diplomatic. I imagine he has more to say than that, good or bad

Michelle Trachtenbeg was in the recent Zac Efron vehicle 17 Again
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 01:52 PM   #89
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

It may be politically difficult for Joss to comment on this....
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 05:16 PM   #90
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

Does anyone know how much of the intellectual property Kuzui owns? It it just the name and aspects directly related to it? Or does she have proprietary rights to the various elements of the entire mythos?