RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,684
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 375
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old May 29 2009, 11:38 PM   #1
Plomeek Broth
Captain

How Often Do You Watch DS9?

Since DS9 is the best Trek series and it is basically one evolving story, how often do you watch the series from beginning to end? Just curious.
Plomeek Broth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2009, 11:41 PM   #2
M
Vice Admiral

Re: How Often Do You Watch DS9?

The series as a whole? Just once in its initial run. Since then I have repeatedly watched many of the episodes at random. But incidentally I'm in the process of rewatching the whole series right now. Currently I'm in the middle of the second season.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2009, 11:48 PM   #3
Marie1
Rear Admiral

Just when it's on TV... and never entirely. For instance, I can only stand the B-plot of episodes like Meridian, and I can't stand Move Along Home at all.
Vote: RA Avatar Contest #21!
"He sings lounges? I'm not familiar with that musical form."
-Taran'atar, DS9-R Mission Gamma 3 --Save Taran'atar!
Marie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2009, 11:56 PM   #4
Anthony Sabre
Commodore

Episode by episode, only once during the original airing. These days I find myself watching based on themes or characters. Sometimes I'll watch the Ferengi episodes. Or maybe S31 episodes. Or Hippocratic Oath and The Quickening back to back, etc. It used to be my ritual after work to sit down with a meal and a nice episode of DS9. Then I bought B5 and the old War of the Worlds series and watched those instead for awhile. Now I'm back on DS9 again, a couple episodes a week.

Oddly enough, the only series I revisited on an episodic basis was ENT. I skipped almost all of season 3 during the original airing. So when I bought the series I went straight to season 3, one episode at a time.
Anthony Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2009, 12:11 AM   #5
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I missed most of the first two seasons when it first aired, so when I bought the DVDs I watched the whole thing through over 6 months. It was the first time I had seen the show for about 5 years because they stopped showing reruns here soon after the show ended.

A few months after that I decided to do a rewatch of only the great episodes starting with Emissary, Duet, ITHOTP, The Circle Trilogy and Necessary Evil... but I just couldn't do it, I had to watch them all so I went back and watched all the episodes I skipped and proceeded the whole way through. That was almost three years ago now.

I'm not the sort of person who picks an episode and watches it, I always have to do a full rewatch. So I watched the whole thing through twice.
Old May 30 2009, 02:51 AM   #6
Lee T
Captain

I think I've done about four "marathons".
Old May 30 2009, 03:26 AM   #7
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

I've been watching a lot of DS9 recently, finishing up season 2 and starting season 3 this week. My trek viewing goes in spurts. I'm in a real big DS9 mode right now, but a while back, I couldn't watch anything other than Voyager (Which I was finishing my collection pretty much). It's all part of what mood I'm in and if I feel like watching DS9.

As to what episodes I watch, DS9 comes in order with a few exceptions. All the other series (Except for Enterprise) are picked at random but most of the time it's if a certain episode is talked about here or if an episode is never talked about here (Like Tribunal) than I would watch what I haven't watched in a long time.
SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2009, 04:58 AM   #8
Too Much Fun
Commodore

I'm watching it in order for the first time, saving the episodes for the end of the week as I watch one on Thursday and one on Friday each week. It's a fun way to end a week, except when the episodes are disappointing, as was the case as I just watched "Prodigal Daughter". I was excited to learn more about Ezri (really digging that character, so far), but that episode got way too caught up in an uninteresting plot. I'm hoping for better from "The Emperor's New Cloak" and "Field of Fire", which apparently also show us some new things about her.
Too Much Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2009, 07:05 AM   #9
Jono
Rear Admiral

The last time I watched it all the way through would probably be late 2006 in 2007. Not sure how much I watched last year but so far this year I wanted watched an entire episode yet.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2009, 04:25 PM   #10
Bisz
Rear Admiral

I'm watching it start to end right now, I'm halfway through S4.

I watch it start to end every couple of years, same with other shows I like, Like B5, Firefly, etc.
Old May 31 2009, 01:22 AM   #11
Photon
Commodore

I watch DVD's at least 3-4x per week. I can't watch it from beginning to end-way too impatient
Photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2009, 01:24 AM   #12
thedude
Lieutenant Commander

I'm constantly watching one series or another... I probably work through one every 2 or 3 months, watching an episode or two per night before bed... I've probably seen DS9 from start to finish about 15 times now. Don't think any less of me, I do get out of the house :-)
thedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2009, 01:29 AM   #13
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain

View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots

I doubt I'll watch it again, all the way from "Emissary" to "What You Leave Behind" again, but I watch some of DS9 once a week or more, usually.
Old May 31 2009, 01:35 AM   #14
arasam22
Lieutenant Commander

well, seeing as how all the ds9 videos got taken off of youtube in the past couple of days, i'll never watch all the way through ds9. i might get the dvds on netflix, but there's no way i'll be able to afford to buy them. i made it through season 6, tho (skipping about thirty episodes along the way), so it was a good start.
arasam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2009, 01:47 AM   #15
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I tried to watch a season five episode the other day and couldn't make it through. Still find seasons 1 - 3 superior in pretty much every way.