RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,703
Members: 24,207
Currently online: 792
Newest member: MaileDetty

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old May 21 2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Miss Chicken
Little three legged cat with attitude

A fashion disaster

I bought myself a pair of ugg boots yesterday. I don't ever plan to wear them out in public as I think ugg boots are a fashion disaster. I plan to wear my uggies around the house instead of slippers. I did walk to the my letterbox in them but I wouldn't leave the property in them.

Do you have any clothes, shoes, hat etc that you wear only around the house? Something that is horrid or old or out of fashion but comfortable or warm?
Miss Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 10:35 AM   #2
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Re: A fashion disaster

I usually wear sweatpants at home which I wouldn't do outside, and I have plenty of old/ugly t-shirts I don't want to throw away because they are just so comfortable.
Old May 21 2009, 10:35 AM   #3
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I have a big, heavy shirt that I wear around the house like a sweater. I can't wear it out anywhere, because it's so weirdly big and bulky that I can't even tuck it in. Also, at this point it hasn't been washed in months.
Old May 21 2009, 10:47 AM   #4
An Officer
Vice Admiral

I usually stick around in underclothes, which are not appropriate for outside wear. And I have some soft sports jumpers that I put on when cold in the evenings - and even sleep in sometimes - so yeah, I have some things just for the house that I would not pop out to the supermarket in. It's the sensible thing to do, as I wouldn't want to ruin my favourite wool jumpers by sleeping in them!

I do believe in living La Dolce Vita on a day to day basis. I don't hold with saving things for best. So yes, I might wear my best just to pop out for milk, or post a letter. Certainly never in my sleeping jumpers! Who knows, you might bump into an old friend going about your errands, and it's nice to look and feel your best in such an instance. If I get run over by a bus tomorrow, I want to know I enjoyed as many of the finer things available to me as I could.
Old May 21 2009, 11:05 AM   #5
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Miss Chicken wrote: View Post

Do you have any clothes, shoes, hat etc that you wear only around the house? Something that is horrid or old or out of fashion but comfortable or warm?
Almost all of my GAP t-shirts. The only other place I wear them is at the beach.

Last edited by Savage Dragon; May 21 2009 at 12:30 PM.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Locutus of Bored
No Solicitors!

My favorite outfit for lounging around at night and when I go to bed is a pair of New England Patriots plaid pajama pants and a long sleeve Notre Dame shirt, which is funny because I like neither of those teams (I got them as gifts) and they don't go together at all, but they're both very warm and comfy.

Come to think of it, I have a pair of LA Lakers slippers that I wear sometimes too, so I imagine I look like a walking sport's memorabilia store when I take the trash out in the morning. At least I'm actually a fan of them though.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 12:17 PM   #7
ITL
Vice Admiral

I have a pair of jeans that look awful on me but are very comfortable (yep, they were a gift), so I like to wear them around the house. But not outside. The laughter of strangers can be a hurtful thing....

Old May 21 2009, 01:23 PM   #8
DBR
Vice Admiral

In the winter I might lounge around in my pajamas when I'm home, or this very moment, I just got out of the shower and am in a t-shirt and briefs, but I plan to get dressed once I finish this very message--or maybe after one more. It's early enough that I can take my dog out in the back in my underwear and most of my neighbours seem not to be up and about, or take the garbage out without frightening someone.

But generally, I fell ugly in ugly clothes and try not to wear them, and I don't like feeling under dressed: so rarely do I go around as such.
Old May 21 2009, 01:39 PM   #9
Count Zero
Guess who's back

I usually wear sweat pants when I'm home (I live alone). I wouldn't want to be seen in them, though, not even by my family. I also wear night gowns in bed which are obviously unsuited for wearing outside. I also have some old t-shirts I only wear for sports and excavations.
Count Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 05:20 PM   #10
Colonel Green
Vice Admiral

I oftentimes wear my wife's bathrobe at home. Mine isn't warm enough and she prefers it to her own.

BUT IT'S STRICTLY A COMFORT THING

- Homer
Colonel Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 05:24 PM   #11
John Picard
Vice Admiral

Colonel Green wrote: View Post
I oftentimes wear my wife's bathrobe at home. Mine isn't warm enough and she prefers it TO her own.

BUT IT'S STRICTLY A COMFORT THING
RIGHT!
Old May 21 2009, 05:44 PM   #12
Colonel Green
Vice Admiral

IT'S BLUE! Did I mention that it was blue? I mean, sure, its got flowers and stuff on it... BUT IT'S BLUE!!!

- Homer
Colonel Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 05:50 PM   #13
John Picard
Vice Admiral

Colonel Green wrote: View Post
IT'S BLUE! Did I mention that it was blue? I mean, sure, its got flowers and stuff on it... BUT IT'S BLUE!!!
So, you like to feel pretty, eh? That's OK.
Old May 21 2009, 06:07 PM   #14
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I have some sweatpants I wear around the house that I would NEVER wear outside, and I have my plastic gardening shoes that I will never, EVER wear anywhere else but the garden.
Old May 21 2009, 06:29 PM   #15
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

I try to only wear regular tees around the house and nice shirts in public or when I know I'll be going somewhere for the day where I actually care how I look like. I also have a pair of jeans that don't have any belt "loops" but instead they have string and you tie them to keep them secured, a la training paints. Not very pretty but comfy.