Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old November 14 2009, 11:53 PM   #271
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

Re: WIP - TMP Enterprise, deck by deck

FalTorPan wrote: View Post
The model still looks great! Have you ever positioned a camera inside the model, to see if things look right from that perspective?
I could, but the camera view system in AutoCAD r13 was not great, and I haven't learned it yet in AutoCAD 2000. For now, the engineering design view is all I need to work with. I will (eventually) export this model into something like Blender for full proper rendering and animations.
Old November 15 2009, 03:20 AM   #272
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

I realized after my final render that I accidentally deleted the actual deck for E-deck (e.g. the deck plates themselves, not the bulkheads and corridors). Easy enough to replace, but I won't get to it tonight. D-deck is roughed in, except for the Phaser banks. The first pic is a close-up of D-deck, the 2nd is the overall ship as it currently exists.

I'll have some cleanup and fitting/positioning to refine when I finish the rough-in.
Old November 15 2009, 03:38 AM   #273
dougkeenan
Commander

View dougkeenan's Twitter Profile

Breathtaking. These updates are excellent, thanks!
dougkeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2009, 03:57 AM   #274
Cary L. Brown
Rear Admiral

Still using the blueprints as your primary reference, or have you deviated much from them at this point? Just sorta curious... these projects always "evolve" in my experience!
Cary L. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2009, 04:12 AM   #275
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

Cary L. Brown wrote: View Post
Still using the blueprints as your primary reference, or have you deviated much from them at this point? Just sorta curious... these projects always "evolve" in my experience!
More or less. I made some changes here and there, but excepting the neck area and the Rec Deck, did so when I converted from paper to CAD 2-D. I expect some more deviation as I approach the bridge - the odd shapes in B and C deck will require it. Furthermore, I expect some more changes in the Secondary Hull as I fit the Warp Engines (the nacelles of which, I plan to build as a separate AutoCAD file block, which will be imported).
Old November 15 2009, 06:34 PM   #276
Santaman
Rear Admiral

Great job CTM.

Big ships those refits..
Old November 15 2009, 08:28 PM   #277
BK613
Captain

Simply amazing stuff; keep up the great work.
Old November 17 2009, 03:56 PM   #278
Patrickivan
Fleet Captain

Dude! What more can I say other then this is awesome!

40 Years and ticking. Damn, that's too old fashioned.
40 years and still processing!
Patrickivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2009, 01:33 PM   #279
Saquist
Commodore

Welcome back CTM.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2009, 01:48 PM   #280
Gibraltar
Rear Admiral

As a big fan of the refit-Constitution design (my fanfic series is set on one) I have to say this is a treat for the eyes. The level of detail here is incredible.

Very nice work.
Old November 23 2009, 01:54 PM   #281
Saquist
Commodore

I had a question.
Is the conference room that took the near by torpedo hit in the same location on the refit as in the Refit A...we know there is a lot of things that are different from the two.
Old December 9 2009, 12:24 AM   #282
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

While I have made some more progress, it isn't worth posting the images - I replaced the aforementioned accidentally deleted deck plates, and I started work on C-deck. Unfortunately, it is where the structure above the saucer starts, so I need to define that properly in order to build C-deck itself. During the cleanup for the Thanksgiving Festivities, my drafting scales got mis-filed, so I need to locate them in order to read off the proper positioning for that structure. I'm taking a few weeks vacation - both from work and away from my CAD system - for Christmas, so I'll likely not finish C-deck until January (though stay tuned, I may find the time before I take off). A-C decks will be (relatively) fast once I have things measured out, and then I can wrap up the basic rough-in of this ship.
Old December 9 2009, 12:44 AM   #283
thesovereignman
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via AIM to thesovereignman

The large gray box on the bottom left is the Antimatter Fuel Container, which feeds into the bottom end of the Vertical Intermix Chamber

I personally don't think that the Antimatter Fuel Container would be that large (Assuming it's the big grey thing, if it's the circular thing, different story)

1 gram of antimatter is about 3 hiroshima bombs worth of explosive energy.

Another thing to point out is that antimatter must be kept from touching any matter, this would mean keeping it in a vacuum, magnetically kept away from the walls. If it were to touch a wall of it's container, the resulting explosion would be horrific.

I don't know what the star trek version of antimatter would do, but this is real life antimatter I'm talking about.
thesovereignman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2009, 09:30 PM   #284
Saquist
Commodore

I'm happy for any update...this is a project Probert should be proud of .
Old December 11 2009, 12:09 AM   #285
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

thesovereignman wrote: View Post
The large gray box on the bottom left is the Antimatter Fuel Container, which feeds into the bottom end of the Vertical Intermix Chamber

I personally don't think that the Antimatter Fuel Container would be that large (Assuming it's the big grey thing, if it's the circular thing, different story)

1 gram of antimatter is about 3 hiroshima bombs worth of explosive energy.

Another thing to point out is that antimatter must be kept from touching any matter, this would mean keeping it in a vacuum, magnetically kept away from the walls. If it were to touch a wall of it's container, the resulting explosion would be horrific.

I don't know what the star trek version of antimatter would do, but this is real life antimatter I'm talking about.
I figure it is the Antimatter storage, including all self-contained magnetic bottles, "plumbing" and ejector mechanisms. I don't really see it as simply a large box of antimatter. It only makes sense that the Antimatter storage be a very self-contained, self supporting, self-ejecting system. What is the real volume of Antimatter in that containment system? I don't know. Please remember, that much of this is a rough-in, large empty spaces that really aren't empty, large solid blocks that really aren't solid, etc.

If I still have the will/time/energy once the basic build is done, I'll go back and add some of those details where appropriate.