Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old June 7 2009, 03:06 PM   #1
All Seeing Eye
Admiral

If You Were A Bad Guy In Trek

What would you do?
All Seeing Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: If You Were A Bad Guy In Trek

I'd sit on my hands for 25 years doing nothing before starting my revenge plan, stealing a doomsday weapon, trying to talk to whales, randomly deciding to attack a starship, subsequently finding God in the process, throwing the galaxy into a full-scale war (all along plotting with the very enemies that I want the war with), launching a missle into a sun, going back in time, stealing some magic cosmic rays, and, attempting to destroy Earth.

Oh, and if all that doesn't work, I'd send my evil cloud to attack Earth.

Old June 7 2009, 03:38 PM   #3
SeerSGB
Admiral

View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile

Avoid the cliche and not go for Earth or Vulcan right off the bat.

1st thing: destroy the Enterprise; sabotage her while she laid over for repairs or resupply. Then I'd stage things so the major powers got pull this why and that fighting various wars; staging hit and run attacks against civlian infrastructure under a false flag to keep them inflamed and at each others throats.

Then everyone soften up then I'd start taking out major homeworlds: using protomatter warheads and genesis torpedoes. Cut off Earth and Vulcan using omega-particle bombs.
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 03:57 PM   #4
Mojochi
Commodore

Join Starfleet. Those bad guys seem to get away with everything
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 04:14 PM   #5
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

Augment Civil Rights Movement.

If I wanted to hurt the Federation, I would hit them where they hurt the most, their sense of moral superiority. Their foundational core beliefs include extreme anti-transhumanism that goes far beyond mere prejudice and their history includes what can only be described as genocide against genetically engineered humans due to those prejudices that they refuse to abandon. As Quark once pointed out, the Federation's Hew-mons like to think that they're morally supperior to everyone else, even other hew-mons. They can rationalize away one Starfleet officer who does bad stuff, or even a whole covert agency of them, as just a few bad apples. But, demonstrating that a core foundational principle of the Federation, carried over from pre-federation days by prejudiced humans, is deeply immoral, would be an undeniable blow to their smug self-righteousness.
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 04:58 PM   #6
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse

A whole lot of whore mongering, that's what.
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 05:01 PM   #7
Caliburn24
Commodore

I'd be in Section 31 doing the things our heroes can't be troubled with, but which are essential to the survival of the Federation.
Caliburn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 05:56 PM   #8
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

Prime timeline, 24th century:

I would try to use the Romulans' (after Romulus' destruction) and the Cardassians' desire to become great powers again and forge an alliance with both of them. Then I'd launch a two-front attack against the Federation. First, the Cardassians attack the Bajoran sector which will hopefully lead to the Federation dispatching the bulk of Starfleet there.

Then the Romulans strike at the heart of the Federation by conducting a simultaneous raid against Starfleet Headquarters as well as the San Francisco and Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards. After those targets are eliminated, the Romulans are also destroying Jupiter Station on their way out. Then they're setting course for the Bajoran sector to attack the Starfleet forces there from the other side.

Ultimate goal: Force the Federation to sign a cease-fire on the Romulan-Cardassian alliance's terms. This treaty includes the surrender of several Federation colonies near the Romulan/Cardassian borders, the shutdown of starbases and outposts along those borders, and a reduction of Starfleet in number of ships.
Ensign_Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 05:57 PM   #9
Jaespol
Captain

If The Federation is a paradise, why be bad?
Jaespol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 06:35 PM   #10
judge alba
senior street judge

think i'd be assimalating everyone and defenatly send more then one cube against earth
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 06:42 PM   #11
Braindeer
Lieutenant Commander

Hack the replicators to poison everyone on the Enterprise, so everyone dies quicker than you can say "Bleurghh! Is this Klingon coffee?!"
Old June 7 2009, 06:47 PM   #12
Xerxes1979
Captain

Caliburn24 wrote: View Post
I'd be in Section 31 doing the things our heroes can't be troubled with, but which are essential to the survival of the Federation.
Using unethical CIA like agencies seems a massive gamble given that Q told us "the trial never ends".

The threat from aggressor spieces like the Dominion are nothing compared to the power of Q or the Organians.

Our survival depends on enlightenment.
Xerxes1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 06:51 PM   #13
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

In TNGtrek, I'd cut the bullshit.

The Federation is the biggest paper tiger in the history of paper tigers. Its military is run by ambassadors and scientists. Its government is pacifist to a fault. It can't wipe it's behind in a real war without help from actual fighting races. The only reason it wins is because it's the "good guys" in a good-versus-evil universe. In an objective universe, I'd back the Pakleds against them.

So there, I'd turn the universe objective.

In TOStrek, I'd just keep trying to kill Kirk until it actually happened. No point trying anything else until he's dead.

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 07:54 PM   #14
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I'd litter, and probably do a little speeding. And I'd refuse to scoop.

And when they try to fine me they wont be able to because there's no money in the future! Mwaahaha!
Old June 7 2009, 07:57 PM   #15
captcalhoun
Admiral

go looking for the AllSpark cube...
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote