RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 462
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Tech

Trek Tech Pass me the quantum flux regulator, will you?

Closed Thread

Old May 18 2009, 11:48 PM   #136
Cary L. Brown
Rear Admiral

Re: OMFG MASSIVE SPOLIERS: NeoTrek Engine Musings

Plecostomus wrote: View Post
This thread has a distinct lack of engine discussion.
True... and on my own part, I apologize for my part in that.

So... back to that. What are YOUR thoughts? Get that discussion rolling... I, personally, see nothing remotely logical about the brewery-as-engineering set, and hope that they dump that concept entirely for any potential sequel. But, other than a brief discussion about "the beer vats are supposed to be individual sub-reactors" (which, since they're made from relatively thin sheet-metal, is hard for me to buy into) and the obvious "this engine system involve water flowing through clear pipes towards a mince-meat-maker" (By the way, did anyone who saw that NOT think of the "mashers" bit from Galaxy Quest???)... well, it's damned hard to analyze much. Lots to criticize, sure, but remarkably little to actually analyze.

But if you disagree... by all means, get the ball rolling.
Old May 19 2009, 05:30 AM   #137
Unicron
Continuity Spackle

Send a message via ICQ to Unicron
Re: OMFG MASSIVE SPOLIERS: NeoTrek Engine Musings

I appreciate it, Cary. However, having received another notification regarding this thread during the day and discussed it with some of my fellow mods, I've decided to do what I've done in the past when threads get too heated. I'm going to close this and let the topic be restarted, so long as it stays on the original topic (engines). If you want to discuss pros and cons, opinions and so forth of the new movie, please do it in the appropriate forum.

"My dream is to eat candy and poop emeralds. I'm halfway successful."

Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources
Closed Thread