Sombrero Revolution!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Neumann, May 4, 2009.

1. Neumann

Neumann Captain Captain

Dear Fellow Trekkies,Trekkers and Star Trekkians :rommie:

The time has come for us to make the difference!

Please NO ONE WILL GO with a FANCY or UGLY star trek uniform, instead we will take a SOMBRERO!

You may ask yourself... WHY?!

Its quite simple;

If YOU were anal retentive fan obsessed with continuity, you would dress up in a ugly garage-made uniform thinking you look sharp on that piece of garbage.
    Why not try a sombrero?

Put a nice sombrero on, accepting that maybe STAR TREK has taken itself to seriously in the last decade and a good old sombrero might just do the trick.

Use the sombrero to show how much fun you have been having and invite others to cheer up using sombreros which looks like the shippie that the cap'n commands!

The sombrero is your friend, you must not deny the chance to look good at the premiere!

And last but not least, if you don't have a nice sombrero, then get a wide brim hat, it's always hip to support the Sombrero and the Sombreroprise.

Besides NGC 4594 is after all the Sombrero Galaxy and possible location for the SEQUEL! :guffaw:

2. SheliakBob

SheliakBob Commander Red Shirt

Jeez! What's with the uniform/costume hate? Don't sports fans go to games in their team shirts and caps? Don't some of them paint themselves in team colors? Don't some of them wear outlandish and bizarre stuff that the news media somehow always seem to find irresistable?
    Don't Star Wars fans dress like characters for movie openings?
    Don't Bond fans go to bars all around the world and annoy the, um, "Living Daylights" out of bartenders by ordering martinis, "shaken, not stirred"?

Let go of the uniform-hate, my Droogies! There is nothing to fear from costumed fans. Just, y'know, don't go to work in one. 'Cause that's kind of weird.

However, I cannot deny the obvious multi-cultural mystique of the Sombrero and its almost hypnotic power to quell extreme emotions and inspire feelings of peace and Serenity (now THERE was a tv series movie made with a big budget that respected its own canon!--i digress).

Sombreros. I hear the chicks dig 'em.

3. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

This is absolutely true!

I wore a sombrero to last year's Comic-Con, and I was getting hit on left and right.

And I was even interviewed by Telemundo. In Spanish!

4. Carpe Occasio

Carpe Occasio Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sports fans dressing up in team attire or painting themselves in team colors is generally accepted because the team they support really exists. Trek and Star Wars fans dressing up in uniforms or other costumes while attending movies is looked upon as weird because Starfleet personnel and Stormtroopers don't really exist. As for the Bond thing, that's just sad.

5. Cakes488

Cakes488 Commodore Commodore

^^^^ I stopped caring about "what people think" long ago...you should try it...it's quite liberating!!

6. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

QFT, my friend!

7. Darth_Pinche

Darth_Pinche Captain Captain

Did someone say Sombrero Revolution??

[​IMG]

Sombreroes are where its at!! I can't wait to wear mine to the first showing in my town!
    I was part of that interview with Sam while wearing sombreroes, it was so cool how people react to sombreros in public. Don't do it if you don't want attention.

8. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We bought our sombrero this past weekend.

I thought just having it along would be enough but my wife insists on dressing it up a bit, with goggle eyes at least, so be on the lookout for us.

Looking forward to bumping into someone who will know what it means, should be a hoot. :cool:

9. Neumann

Neumann Captain Captain

Join the Cause, The Sombrero is the way to go!

With the Sombrero you can take Siestas, one of the greatest inventions of man, infamously known as "nap". Imagine you could take naps anywhere with your sombrero? That is the kind of power you can't buy from people, only a sombrero can give it to you!

BRING THE SOMBREROS!!!

10. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

That's several different kinds of awesome. :lol:

11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I am devoted to La Revolucion.

Tell me where...and when. And I will be there with tacos blazing.