Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old May 14 2009, 02:07 PM   #16
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

Re: STXI DVD/Blu-ray special features wishlist

I was just watching the STAR TREK GENERATIONS - SPECIAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION DVD Disc 2 and really enjoyed the 1994 interviews with Shatner, Montgomery Scott, & Pavel Chekov from 'Orbital Skydiving' in the deleted scenes section that were shot on the on-location and the behind-the-scenes footage. Sure it is basic video footage from 1994 but I'm glad Paramount went into the vault for it.
They also used the Paramount property CBS Studios' owned "Entertainment Tonight" footage from the movie's 1994 premeire (actual red-carpet interviews and arrivals) in the "Uniting Two Legends" featurette

'A Tribute To Matt Jefferies' interviews looks like it was shot on high-end Digital Videotape (standard def. widescreen 16x9). Really enjoyed the 2003 interview with Jefferies himself. Crisp, great contrast & great looking video.

I haven't seen all of the Special Collector's Editions but now plan to after seeing what Paramount made in 2004.
Hell now I even want to see Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (Special Collector's Edition) for the second disc...
I just added all Disc 2s of the Special Collector's Editions to my Netflix Que.

No matter what Special Features are to be done for a bare-bones edition and a Special Collector's edition of Star Trek XI they will all be done in High Definition for Blu-ray. Hopefully all of the behind-the-scenes were shot in HD. For us fans that is really a treat. A first actually.
A Star Trek film's behind-the-scenes footage and on-set 2007 and promotional 2009 interviews shot in HD.

Last edited by jefferiestubes8; May 14 2009 at 06:42 PM.
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2009, 02:56 PM   #17
Tom
Rear Admiral

The countdown comic book series can be a special feature.
Old May 14 2009, 03:27 PM   #18
Similitude
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Similitude

- Deleted Scenes
- Bloopers
- Okuda Text Commentary
- Abrams, Ocri and Kurtzman Commentary
- Quinto, Pine & Urban Commentary
- SFX Docu
- Soundtrack Docu
- Casting Docu
- Writing Docu
- Interviewing Past Trek peole about Star Trek Docu
Similitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2009, 06:09 PM   #19
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

Hopefully they shot some behind-the-scenes of the new sets being constructed in 2007 and then taken apart and being moved and put into storage for the next feature film.
I'd like to see something that takes these sets from design concepts to blueprints to carpenters constructing to painters painting & set dressers working on them.
Old May 14 2009, 06:56 PM   #20
DangerBoy
Ensign

Hopefully Paramount does not mess around like releasing a Directors edition, then Ultimate edition, the Ultimate Directors edition, Definitive edition, etc... etc...
DangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2009, 06:07 AM   #21
Oso Blanco
Fleet Captain

What I want as a special feature:

A filmed version of "Countdown" with the original TNG actors.
Old May 15 2009, 06:13 AM   #22
Awesome Possum
I've Rebooted Myself

View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum

The Orion Girl: Applying the Paint
Old May 15 2009, 02:51 PM   #23
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

A&E Television Networks' History Channel's 90-minute
"Star Trek: Beyond the Final Frontier" 2007 documentary hosted by Leonard Nimoy. (standard definition) that was already released on the 2007 HD-DVD/DVD Star Trek: The Original Series
Season One - Remastered

Last week this aired on History Channel HD.
The History Channel will be airing the documentary Star Trek “Beyond The Final Frontier” [on May 9 & 10]. This will be the world premier in high definition on History Channel HD.
May 8, 2009
http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2009/05/...on-history-hd/

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star...Final_Frontier
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_tr...final_frontier

even though it was not that well received as evident in this TrekBBS thread: 'Beyond the Final Frontier' Doesn't Reach New Vistas

I assume it was shot and mastered in HD.

It would be great to have this in HD on a Trek Blu-ray release in 2009 or 2010.
Old May 27 2009, 02:49 PM   #24
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

commentary track

I would like to see possibly a audio commentary track taken from Totally Creative Media's 1976 Gene Roddenberry Lecture Tour series or
from audio interviews with Gene Roddenberry telephone interview in July 1976 mentioned here during the pre-production and production phase of Star Trek: The Motion Picture in 1976.

I'm talking about not just the interview but editing it and many other interviews from 1960s-1980s into an audio commentary track like on the DVD release of 'Fantasia' where they took archival interviews/audio commentary about that film by Walt Disney spanning 30 years to make up the track. Roddenberry is similar to Walt Disney in that way.

It pertains to the 'created by' universe and how that connects with the current film XI.
Old May 27 2009, 02:59 PM   #25
Guartho
Rear Admiral

The option to play the movie with all cut-scenes included via seamless branching. (not fully scored or color-corrected of course, just in where they would have been.)

(AKA "Mr. Donkey Kong King" for no apparent reason)
Guartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 03:33 PM   #26
EJD1984
Commander

Guartho wrote: View Post
The option to play the movie with all cut-scenes included via seamless branching. (not fully scored or color-corrected of course, just in where they would have been.)
That was done for the first X-Men DVD. The added/deleted scenes had the X logo down in the corner.

Has anyone heard a possible release date for the dvd/blu-ray?
Old May 27 2009, 03:54 PM   #27
Similitude
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Similitude

Going by the traditional Theater to DVD/BR thinking...sometime around Labor day is likely. However I get the feeling they may delay this one until Xmas season.
Similitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 04:14 PM   #28
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

Seamless branching / release date rumors

Seamless branching
EJD1984 wrote: View Post
That was done for the first X-Men DVD. The added/deleted scenes had the X logo down in the corner.
a clarification:
X-MEN (2000 DVD)
in an "extended branching" mode, where they'll appear at the appropriate time when playing the movie (but it's not seamless - think the "follow the white rabbit" feature from The Matrix).

The Abyss Special Edition (2000 DVD)
Thanks to the magic of seamless branching on DVD, you can watch both the original theatrical version of the film, and the 28-minute longer special edition, on one dual-layered disc. You simply choose which version you want at the start from the main menu

Has anyone heard a possible release date for the dvd/blu-ray?
this TrekBBS thread.
Old May 27 2009, 05:07 PM   #29
Scotty
Rear Admiral

This would be my ideal Trek Blu-Ray

Disc 1: The Movie

Disc 2: The Extra's

Disc 3: The Robau files - an entire disc hosted by, featuring, starring and about captain Robau.
With the feature length documentary I, Robau, a comprehensive study of Robau, the man and the starfleet captain. Part genealogy documentary, part autobiography, this documentary will reveal everything you wanted to know about the shiniest captain in Starfleet.
Furthermore, learn what other well known Starfleet captains think of Captain Robau in The Captain's Summit, Robau Edition, a roundtable discussion hosted by Whoopi Goldberg.
The pilot episode of the new Trek television spin-off Robau: The Final Frontier, the first television show filmed entirely in flarevision.
You can also watch Star Trek with audio commentary by Robau himself, or a PIP track with facts, photo's and additional footage of Robau. Learn that Robau wasn't in fact killed in the opening minutes of the new movie but that he actually fled the Narada by disguising himself as an alien called Keenser and landing on a nearby ice planet.

Old May 27 2009, 05:10 PM   #30
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

humor

Scotty wrote: View Post
spin-off Robau: The Final Frontier, the first television show filmed entirely in flarevision.
LOL. very funny.
I think all of the special features will not have flares. hmm. except shots from the actual film...