July-August 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Jul 2

Pegg: Star Trek Beyond Scary
By: T'Bonz on Jul 2

San Diego Comic-Con Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 1

Nimoy Memories From Friends and Family
By: T'Bonz on Jul 1

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old June 6 2009, 02:44 AM   #1
syc
Captain

USS Enterprise "JJ-prise / TMP Refit" Kitbash WIP

Hey all,

It's been quite awhile since I've worked on any sort of Trek-Art... so with the release of the new film... and all the apparent mixed feelings (*including my own) I decided to design something a little more to my liking; and hopefully yours!

To start I'll say that while on the whole I do enjoy the sleek look of the JJ-prise I was slightly disappointed with the simplicity of it. With the TMP refit, Galaxy Class, Sovereign Class and even the generally hated NX Class; there was excitement! Something was happening there, windows to study... ports to obsess over. Yes the Ipod feel is nice... for a different ship, but this is the Enterprise!

SO! I utilized the Saucer Hull of the Kelvin (*a favorite of mine) the lower secondary-hull or Star-Drive section is a combination of both the JJ-prise and the TMP Refit... while the nacelles are along those same lines.

I will admit she's a little ruff around the edges and is by no means completely finished. I welcome constructive criticism! and wonder what you all think?

- One thing I will note is that I am unhappy with the Saucer Section size. Needs to be scaled up.

- Syc

Last edited by syc; June 6 2009 at 04:53 PM.
syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2009, 03:18 AM   #2
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser
Re: USS Enterprise "JJ-prise / TMP Refit" Kitbash WIP

I like it
Old June 6 2009, 05:22 AM   #3
johnsonalmighty
Lieutenant Commander

syc wrote: View Post
Hey all,

It's been quite awhile since I've worked on any sort of Trek-Art... so with the release of the new film... and all the apparent mixed feelings (*including my own) I decided to design something a little more to my liking; and hopefully yours!

To start I'll say that while on the whole I do enjoy the sleek look of the JJ-prise I was slightly disappointed with the simplicity of it. With the TMP refit, Galaxy Class, Sovereign Class and even the generally hated NX Class; there was excitement! Something was happening there, windows to study... ports to obsess over. Yes the Ipod feel is nice... for a different ship, but this is the Enterprise!

SO! I utilized the Saucer Hull of the Kelvin (*a favorite of mine) the lower secondary-hull or Star-Drive section is a combination of both the JJ-prise and the TMP Refit... while the nacelles are along those same lines.

I will admit she's a little ruff around the edges and is by no means completely finished. I welcome constructive criticism! and wonder what you all think?

- One thing I will note is that I am unhappy with the Saucer Section size. Needs to be scaled up.

- Syc
Honestly? This picture looks like a prototype of the Nu-Prise. There is nothing wrong with the picture. But some things need to be done to make it look like the transition from Nu-Prise to Refit Prime Prise.
- longer sleeker nacelles
- overall sleeker design
- stick to the refit pylons
Hell I scan up a scetch I drew some time ago on that
johnsonalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2009, 04:56 PM   #4
syc
Captain

Alright so I through something together real quick like this morning... hope you all like it.

Old June 7 2009, 02:22 AM   #5
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

still looks good to me
Old June 7 2009, 09:38 PM   #6
syc
Captain

Alright. So I changed a few things and colorized the Enterprise design, I also posted a comparison of the TMP-Style Kelvin with the B&W Enterprise; hope you like.

Next I'd like to do a cutaway on the Enteprise... perhaps design a higher-res, more detailed version...???

Old June 9 2009, 03:05 PM   #7
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

I like it