Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode
Excellent 20 24.39%
Above Average 24 29.27%
Average 18 21.95%
Below Average 14 17.07%
Poor 6 7.32%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 28 2009, 03:21 AM   #31
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

Re: Heroes 3x25 "An Invisible Thread" Discuss and Grade (SEASON FINALE

What a lovely thought....your mother embracing the person who murdered you as you. Being truly replaced. By your murderer. Mommy giving him hugs and kisses. It's so lovely I just puddle up thinking about it.replaced by the guy who slit your throat. Damn.
that was DISGUSTING!!! JUST so WRONG!!! I kept shaking my head, how could she!!!

someone mentioned on another board...they didnt show what they did to Nathan's body... I hope its in cold storage, & Peter gets zombifying powers so Nathan can come back from the dead, and TEAR HIS "MA" A NEW ASSHOLE!
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:23 AM   #32
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

That's the thing, Daneel. Eventually Peter is going to touch Sylar. Peter and his brother were always touchy feely. Eventually they're going to have to deal with the fact that Nathan's dead. They can't keep this scenario up forever. The storyline concept is intriguing in theory but not in practice. Why are sci-fi writers so into replacing people with clones? Ron Moore's right. It is ghetto storytelling in the sci-fi world.

Why why why is it always my favorite character who bites the big one? Arrrrrrghhh......whine pout moan..... I'll get over it. I just need to bitch and moan for awhile. Couldn't kill off Claire. Couldn't kill off stupid Peter. Couldn't kill off stupider to the ten thousandth power Mohinder. Couldn't kill off so annoying I want to kill him Hiro. No, it had to be Nathan.

Melancholymecha, you need to come over to my threads on Thursdays and be a Supernatural fan. There's a show that values its core brotherly relationship and then some. No danger of one of them being replaced permanently by an evil clone. Dean and Sam live....and they actually fight and everything. No Dean 2.0. No Sam 2.0 Leaves Nathan and Peter in the dust.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:24 AM   #33
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

melancholymecha wrote: View Post
someone mentioned on another board...they didnt show what they did to Nathan's body... I hope its in cold storage, & Peter gets zombifying powers so Nathan can come back from the dead, and TEAR HIS "MA" A NEW ASSHOLE!
I thought they burned him and Matt gave the perception of Sylar's body being burned. NVM

How they bring back the real nathan who had his neck slit will be interesting

Then there's Tracy who will go after Sylar/Nathan
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:25 AM   #34
mswood
Rear Admiral

Well lets face it Angelia has done some pretty disgusting things so this really shouldn't surprise.

I do wonder how they are going to explain Sylar's powers. WHile it might be awhile before he is put in harms way, Peter will certainly have touched him at some time and should gather all of Sylar's abilities at that time.
Old April 28 2009, 03:29 AM   #35
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Mswood, your avatar makes me feel lots better. I know you didn't care for Nathan's character and I agree Angela has been pretty reprehensible at times, but to be able to embrace the person who murdered your child--it's too unpalatable for me. Even for Angela. Some things just leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Maybe they should've done something more akin to the end of "Scanners" where Matt actually took Nathan's mind and put it in Sylar's body. Then we get something more akin to the Angel/Angelus thing where there's a monster just waiting to get out and take (back) the body from Nathan.
Now that I could have gotten behind. That would have been genuinely intriguing.

As it stands now the "Nathan" we have is just a fake mask.
We have no Nathan now. Nathan's dead. He's not even a fake mask.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old April 28 2009, 03:29 AM   #36
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Did Peter somehow take away all of Sylar's powers or something when he touched him? I mean the tranq wouldn't have worked unless Sylar was depowered completely.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:30 AM   #37
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

Above Average.

This wasn't the game changer that I had expected. This entire season has to rank as one of the most wasteful and pointless ones in tv history. More than 20+ episodes of aimless storytelling lacking any real direction for the characters or the plot with less than interesting characters. You might as well have just ignored the bulk of it because it is clear the writers have. They basically ignored and reset everything this season. It adds up to a whole lot of nothing in the big picture.

Peter is back with multiple abilities but which ones was he able to take from Sylar? If Sylar's ability to understand how things work will he have the dark impulses from volume three? Or will the writers just forget that.

The Company is back. Tracy is back for revenge. Last we saw Danko knocked out. Will he return. This could be interesting or it could be more of the same. The finale really didn't leave a lot of clues as to where individual character stories might go next season so it is hard to judge whether it will be worth coming back to it in season four. Fuller got a chance with six or so episodes to see what he could do and overall I wasn't really that impressed. I suspect it will be more of the same and any promises over the summer for a much improved show will be taken with a hefty grain of salt given how the showrunners promised we'd be floored by volume three then volume four then with Fuller's return.

I was actually disappointed that they didn't go through with Sylar becoming President rather than Peter saving the day and would a tranquilizer not be immediately metabolized by Sylar to where it would be rendered ineffective due to his regeneration abilities-akin to the way Claire couldn't get drunk. And how did Claire free herself from his control? Nitpicks.

As for the big death and the switcheroo--I don't know how I feel about it. Nathan's death was graphic but it didn't stun me or leave me feeling much of anything. I suspect a lot of this can be contributed to the fact that he has pretty much been a plot device for the better part of a year and a very unsympathetic one with no understandable motivation so killing him off carried about as much emotional resonance as a background extra. I also have a hard time buying Sylar would just slash his throat instead of pinning him against the wall and taking his ability. Nathan was hardly a threat to him. All he could do was fly. C'mon.

Angela's done some pretty twisted things but to actually rather have a fake like Sylar being her Nathan stand-in, I'm not sure I totally buy that even for her. I'd be very concerned that Sylar would get his memories back. Why not just have Peter do it unless she thought like she has in the past that he wasn't up to it which is quite possible.

It was a decent enough episode but with the problems that plagued the show it needed to be a lot more than decent. It really needed to sink its teeth into you and having you on the edge of your seat anticipating the show's return in the finale and it really didn't come close for me.
startrekwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:33 AM   #38
Daneel
Rear Admiral

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
melancholymecha wrote: View Post
I thought they burned him and Matt gave the perception of Sylar's body being burned.
No, I think the body they burned was the original shape-shifter, the one who died while he was in the form of Sylar.
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:35 AM   #39
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Do you suppose next season they'll have some kind of resurrection for the real Nathan and have a "My Two Nathans" style story where it all falls apart with Sylar back? This IS supposed to be a comic book TV show...
Old April 28 2009, 03:41 AM   #40
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

it was nice to see Tracy show up again
Old April 28 2009, 03:42 AM   #41
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

No, I think the body they burned was the original shape-shifter, the one who died while he was in the form of Sylar.
^yeah, thats interesting... it does leave a sort of weird out for the writers if enough Nathan fans whine like they did at the end of season 2.

heeheehee (rubs hands together)

I want my Zombie Nathan...
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:46 AM   #42
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Do you suppose next season they'll have some kind of resurrection for the real Nathan and have a "My Two Nathans" style story where it all falls apart with Sylar back? This IS supposed to be a comic book TV show...
That'd be one heck of a reach, even for this show. Nathan's body is rotting with a slit throat. He's bled out. Unless Angela or Peter goes to a crossroads and makes a deal with a demon, I think Nathan has officially had it for good. But Mohinder and Hiro will be back. Rejoice!!

Old April 28 2009, 04:03 AM   #43
Mr Light
Admiral

Below Average, and I'm one of the few who still love this show.

Aside from this volume I love the show, and the Fuller-influenced episodes have been a great improvement so far, but this ending was ridiculous. I should have known the ending would have been a total cop-out when they did almost nothing towards resolution with only one episode left to go.

Sylar being hypnotized to become Nathan after killing him is just ridiculous. Laughable. Asinine. My god. Not to mention that it makes killing Nathan a complete cop-out since the actor/character is still around. Plus, remember in Season Two when it was established that Claire's blood can ressurect the recently deceased? Why didn't they just inject Claire's blood into Nathan?

Also ridiculous; first of all we get a battle royale between Sylar and the Petrelli Brothers... that takes place completely off-screen. Then we get Sylar taken down by... a needle in the neck? Shouldn't Sylar be pretty much un-dope-able? Particularly since he already knew he was under attack since he shook Worf's hand and nothing happened? And then he's unconscious long enough for them to haul him all the way back to the apartment and have an arguement about it? How conveinent.

I like the way Bryan Fuller in interviews freely talks about Ali Larter still being alive... and then that turns out to be the last minute "shocking" reveal of the season.

Also, didn't they say Hiro would die if he used his power one more time... and then he used his power one more time... and then he collapsed... and he was fine?

I'm really not looking forward to the future storyline of Nathan slowly remembering he's Sylar and then turning on them for doing this to him. Yeesh.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 04:03 AM   #44
Anwar
Vice Admiral

How long does a guy have to be dead for Claire's blood to work on him? I mean HRG got shot through his head and yet there was no lasting damage to his mind from the shock of the bullet going through it.

I suppose this is an opening for Heidi and the boys to come back, maybe she'll pick up on somethings that "Nathan" is missing in his character.
Old April 28 2009, 04:07 AM   #45
Steven
Admiral

I just have to say this: Sylar is (was) a magnificent villain. Danko... hell, everyone on the show, is completely outclassed by him. The only way they can stop him, temporarily at least, is by working together. You'd think they would learn that already.

As for the ending... I can't believe they think that will work in the long run. Stupid, stupid, stupid... And why not use Claire's magic healing blood? It worked with Noah being shot through the eye a while back. (And yes, I see that others have brought up the same thing already. )