RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,413
Members: 24,631
Currently online: 469
Newest member: vicky013

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode
Excellent 20 24.39%
Above Average 24 29.27%
Average 18 21.95%
Below Average 14 17.07%
Poor 6 7.32%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 28 2009, 02:52 AM   #16
mswood
Rear Admiral

Re: Heroes 3x25 "An Invisible Thread" Discuss and Grade (SEASON FINALE

Too bad they didn't kill off the actor playing Nathan as well. Or perhaps now I might care a wits about him (boy I hate his character).
Old April 28 2009, 02:53 AM   #17
mswood
Rear Admiral

So no what happens when Peter touches Nathan.....

He should be getting a lot more then just the ability to fly....
Old April 28 2009, 02:53 AM   #18
Gertch
Admiral

No no no no no. Let the dead stay dead.
Gertch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 02:55 AM   #19
FreezeC77
Commodore

Wow, isn't this almost exactly what happened in Exiles where Proteus was mindwiped to think he was Morph.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 02:55 AM   #20
SG-17
Commodore

Sylar's personality is not going to stay buried forever I bet.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 02:55 AM   #21
Anwar
Vice Admiral

The President impersonation bit caught me off guard. Peter finally showing the brains the rest of his family has.

I had a feeling what would happen when I saw the previews and Matt was being asked to do something he was concerned about.
Anwar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 02:58 AM   #22
Gertch
Admiral

SG-17 wrote: View Post
It's a convenient card to keep up their sleeve.

Oh no, the wet bandits strike again.
Gertch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 02:59 AM   #23
Daneel
Rear Admiral

SG-17 wrote: View Post
I don't think you'll get too many people betting against that.
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:00 AM   #24
SG-17
Commodore

Oh parts of it are already resurfacing, awesome.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:04 AM   #25
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Maybe they should've done something more akin to the end of "Scanners" where Matt actually took Nathan's mind and put it in Sylar's body. Then we get something more akin to the Angel/Angelus thing where there's a monster just waiting to get out and take (back) the body from Nathan.

As it stands now the "Nathan" we have is just a fake mask.
Anwar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:06 AM   #26
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

DISGUSTING!!! DISGUSTING!!! Angela you are a SICK bitch!
WHAT ABOUT CLAIRE'S HEALING BLOOD!!!???
DAMN this show! I...I need to just disconnect myself from this show & completely forget it for the rest of the summer. I am so pissed off right now.

Yeah, I'll be back next season, for Pasdar, & for the shit that better hit the fan when Peter & Claire find out. But... GAHHHH!!!!!

honestly was he really a better choice to off than Mohinder?

GAAAAHHHH!!!!
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:07 AM   #27
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

What happens when "Nathan" finds out he can't die?
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:09 AM   #28
Daneel
Rear Admiral

One thing I'm wondering about is all those extra powers Sylar has -- will they be buried along with his personality? Are there some that can't be controlled, or can they only be used when Sylar wants to use them? Thus, since Sylar thinks he's Nathan, and doesn't know he has these other powers, does that mean he won't inadvertently know an object's complete history when he touches it, or immediately be able to tell when someone's lying to him?

Last edited by Don't Eat Yellow Snow; April 28 2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old April 28 2009, 03:10 AM   #29
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

How charming. They finally have the balls to kill someone and they kill off their most intriguing character. So much for Nathan earning any redemption. Why bother writing a redemption storyline? You can't redeem a dead man.

Nathan is dead. Period. You can't play the story. Don't give me this "acquired memories makes you the same person" bull shit. They don't. What a lovely thought....your mother embracing the person who murdered you as you. Being truly replaced. By your murderer. Mommy giving him hugs and kisses. It's so lovely I just puddle up thinking about it. At least they weren't dumb enough to replace Trip with a replica on Enterprise (something I remember railing against back then and I stand by that opinion) but this is even worse--replaced by the guy who slit your throat. Damn.

So much for the Petrelli brotherly interaction. It's gone. Those bromancers are officially out in the cold. Why--BTW--couldn't Clare's magic blood heal Nathan like it healed Noah? Did the writers forget? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Could have gotten rid of Matt or Hiro or useless Claire or Mohinder but no.....they had to take out Nathan. I don't care if Pasdar isn't fired. It's not the same thing.

If Peter acquires one power at a time, wouldn't he be back to acquiring Clare's power of immortality once he was with her after fighting Sylar.....or is it a touch thing with him? With these lousy writers I can't remember.

One thing I'm wondering about is all those extra powers Sylar has -- will they be buried along with his personality?
They shouldn't be. The first time someone drops him off a building and he heals, I'm thinking Sylar's going to get a bit suspicious. Sylar will reassert himself at some point. It's inevitable. The "ohhhh, it's so cool factor" is going to fade once viewers start asking themselves, "Why can't Sylar do this or that?"

I could have gotten into this storyline if it had been Claire Sylar replaced. That would have kicked ASS. All the fanboys care about is having Hayden's perky little body prancing around. They're not concerned with character.

Melancholymecha, I think Fuller got a touch of Bermaga writing finale-itis. Angela giving Sylar a big old hug at the end was more cringeworthy than Malcolm bitching about a chair two days after Trip's death. That's saying something when you top that. If Angela was so concerned about "Nathan" talking to the president she could have had Matt change him.....but the problem is that she should have had someone off Sylar after he did his work with the president. The idea of embracing her son's murderer as her son should be reprehensible to her. More bad writing.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 03:15 AM   #30
Daneel
Rear Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post

Why--BTW--couldn't Clare's magic blood heal Nathan like it healed Noah? Did the writers forget? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Indeed -- I mentioned the same thing in my first post in the thread. It's my main complaint in an otherwise serviceable episode, IMO.

If Peter acquires one power at a time, wouldn't he be back to acquiring Clare's power of immortality once he was with her after fighting Sylar.....or is it a touch thing with him? With these lousy writers I can't remember.
I think Peter can now control his power a bit better... that is to say, he can choose whether or not to take someone's power when he touches them -- but yes, he does have to touch them.