To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: Which Starfleet uniform do you enjoy the most?
TOS TV Show Uniform 33 11.11%
TOS: TMP Uniform 15 5.05%
TOS Movies 2-6 Uniform 74 24.92%
Early TNG Uniform 1 0.34%
TNG Season 3-7 Uniform 23 7.74%
Early DS9/Generations Uniform 16 5.39%
Late DS9/First Contact-Nemesis Uniform 108 36.36%
ST: Enterprise Uniform 27 9.09%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 16 2009, 02:33 PM   #76
The Sneeze Police
Captain

Re: What is your favorite Star Trek uniform?

Enterprise uniforms looked believable & functional.
The Sneeze Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2009, 05:01 PM   #77
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse

No love for the early TNG uniforms, I see.

I voted for ST II-VI. I'm not entirely sure why. I guess I just find them the most aesthetically pleasing.
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2009, 08:33 PM   #78
Captain Randy Hall
Commodore

The latter movie uniforms were just terrific. The red jacket and black the rest of the way down reminded me of a pirate, and I thought the crew never looked better buckling that swash!
Captain Randy Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2009, 08:42 PM   #79
new_mercury
Lieutenant Commander

First contact uniforms. brilliant esp the captain vest thing as worn by Sisko and Picard. also dress uniform is better than anyother version. the white is different but still good better than the over long wrap around of TNG dress uniforms
Old May 17 2009, 10:27 AM   #80
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain

View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots

Y'know, this forum has shown me that it has a wide variety of people with a wide variety of interests and opinions on what is "good". Some things I agree with, a lot of things I disagree with, some really intelligent posts, and...some less so. There's a lot of differences and a lot of opinions, but it makes me smile that not a one person out of currently 139 votes likes the TNG S1-2 uniforms the best. Cheers to good taste.
Old May 18 2009, 07:05 AM   #81
Too Much Fun
Commodore

BAH! I don't understand the hate for those season 1-2 TNG uniforms. I wouldn't vote for them as the best ones, but I certainly like them more than the uniforms used in season 3 to 7 of TNG and am proud to have a Jean-Luc Picard action figure wearing one. At least Picard and Riker didn't have to constantly pull down the damn tops of those first uniforms!
Too Much Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2009, 11:01 AM   #82
Tom Riley
Commodore

View Tom Riley's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Tom Riley Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Riley

For me, I like the First contact/Late DS9 uniforms the best, with the movies II to VI uniforms pulling in a close second. I like them the best mainly because of the fact that they were all the same with only varying undershirt colors.

As for dress uniforms, I loved the First Contact dress uniforms. IMO they were the only dress uniforms that actually looked dressy. The dress uniforms from the late TNG era just didn't look like dress uniforms to me, because they retained the division branch color scheme... I don't think a red, blue, or mustard yellow anything would do well as some type of dressy uniform.

The early DS9/Voyager uniforms and the TNG seasons 3-7 uniforms tie for third place for me... Actually, the Voyager uniforms are probably slightly slightly slighty ahead...

Next for me would be the Star Trek XI uniforms, I actually liked them more than the original uniforms from TOS (I have a thing for layering I guess lol).

That would be followed by TOS uniforms, then the early TNG, with TMP uniforms coming in last.

I do also agree, the captains variations for TNG Picard, Sisko/FC Picard, and TOS Kirk were really interesting, and I liked them.
Tom Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2009, 02:22 PM   #83
dave_R_treker
Captain

I voted for the late DS9/First Contact one.
dave_R_treker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2009, 08:35 AM   #84
Too Much Fun
Commodore

Aneas wrote: View Post
As for dress uniforms, I loved the First Contact dress uniforms. IMO they were the only dress uniforms that actually looked dressy.
When were there dress uniforms in First Contact? Are you referring to the white ones in Insurrection and Nemesis? I thought all that was worn in First Contact was uniforms and civilian clothes.
Too Much Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2009, 09:28 AM   #85
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain

Too Much Fun wrote: View Post
As for dress uniforms, I loved the First Contact dress uniforms. IMO they were the only dress uniforms that actually looked dressy.
When were there dress uniforms in First Contact? Are you referring to the white ones in Insurrection and Nemesis? I thought all that was worn in First Contact was uniforms and civilian clothes.
I think the intent was "the dress uniform variants of the uniform that debuted in First Contact", or something along those lines. Indeed, the black/gray uni dress only appeared in Insurrection, Nemesis, and Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges, IIRC
Old May 21 2009, 05:42 AM   #86
Tom Riley
Commodore

View Tom Riley's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Tom Riley Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Riley

Too Much Fun wrote: View Post
I meant the First Contact type uniform set. :-) You're right, they didn't have the dress uniforms in First Contact, I just call those uniforms the "First Contact uniforms" because that was where I first saw them, and the dress uniforms in Insurrection and Nemesis go with the uniforms style I first saw in First Contact. Sorry for the confusion.
Tom Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 01:37 PM   #87
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

My vote goes to the Enterprise uniforms, they look like uniforms that would be much more comfortable and practical to work in that most of the other uniforms (pockets!). The space for unit/ship patches is a nice touch as well to help establish espirit de corps (don't have a clue if I spelt that right).

Have to admit, I'm quite partial towards the FC/late DS9 uniforms as well, if only for sleekness of the look, but the multi layers might make it uncomfortable if you go somewhere warm. Anyone know what the material/thickness was?
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 03:51 PM   #88
JTK2099
Lieutenant

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
RyuRoots wrote: View Post
The dress uniform is a little...ostentatious, especially for the captain.
That's the point of a dress uniform. And it's pretty toned down compared to many modern dress uniforms; with the lack of shiny buttons, epaulets, campaign ribbons, medals, dress cap, etc.

Funny thing is: The TWOK uniforms always struck me as more appropriate dress uniforms. I wouldn't want to wear it while I'm flying a shuttle or fixing stuff in a jefferies tube.

I agree. I love the TWOK uniforms but they look more like dress uniforms than regular duty ones.

My favorite uniforms weren't in the poll. I love the uniforms from The Cage, especially the grey away team jackets.
JTK2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 10:59 PM   #89
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain

Didn't occur to add them 'cause I didn't realize they were different from the usual TOS uni. It HAS been some time since I've seen it.
Old May 22 2009, 01:29 AM   #90
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

The Relativity uniforms.