Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode
Excellent 13 23.64%
Above Average 22 40.00%
Average 11 20.00%
Below Average 5 9.09%
Poor 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 21 2009, 03:02 AM   #16
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

Re: Heroes 3x24 "I Am Sylar" Discuss and Grade

very tense...I spent the whole damn episode worried about Nathan.
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 03:02 AM   #17
Lt. Trull
Fleet Captain

Off with his head.
Lt. Trull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 03:03 AM   #18
Gertch
Admiral

Very good tonight. A fun ride.

Hopefully they can stop these relationship circles. People siding up and splitting and then pairing with someone else. Next week looks like there is more of that.
Gertch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 03:24 AM   #19
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

I just found out on another forum the guy Sylar killed tonight was Clint Howard. I thought he looked familiar.
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 03:25 AM   #20
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

I'm thinking that the best way to take out Sylar would be to combine Baby Start n' Stop's power with Ando's. We know that it can be transmitted through a physical medium, because the baby stopped a car through his carseat, and a truck, too. It just doesn't have much range. Supercharge it with the Crimson Arc and it could tramsmit through the ground over a very large area. Since being zapped is painful and likely traumatic, off would be the default, resulting in an extremely powerful anti-technology/anti-superpower bomb. Nathan and Peter could avoid it by flying, and they could carry some people, but Sylar would be depowered unless he jumped at exactly the right second. And every electronic device in DC would be incapacitated, most likely permenantly, or for the next few years, until Baby Matt is old enough to understand reason. But replacing every electronic device in DC would be a great boost to the economy, so that might not be bad.
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 03:30 AM   #21
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I think this is the most normal looking I've ever seen Clint Howard.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 04:03 AM   #22
Mr Light
Admiral

I'm afraid this is the first post-Fuller episode I felt was below average. I just do not give a rat's ass about poor Sylar's internal drama, and doing a Psycho and shape-shifting into his dead mommie was just silly. And since that was 75% of the episode, well... It also annoyed me how after a half season of eluding the hunters everybody gets captured in a 30 second silent monologue. How the hell are they going to wrap this up in a single episode?! I can only guess Sylar will go after the President and the X-Men will save Senator Kelly's life thus preventing the future persecution of mutants.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 06:03 AM   #23
Devnull
Captain

That was pretty boring, a lot of setup... Sylar still not interesting and not dead. Oh how much better even season 2 was in retrospect.
Devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 06:37 AM   #24
Dream
Admiral

Great episode. If Sylar leaves the show forever next week I won't miss him.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 06:57 AM   #25
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

well we all know we can't have a Heroes season finale without Nathan dying, so as long as we've got that settled.

I somewhat enjoyed this episode, for it being a This is what Sylar was doing while everybody else was in digging up bodies at Coyote Sands episode, so does he now have the ability to morph the clothes he's wearing too? And have they established how he's able to get to places so fast and so quiet? Wonder what happened to Hiro this time when he tried to freeze time with The Crimson Arc, some kind of sensory overload? And where exactly is Building 26 again? LA? New York? Washington DC? How the hell is Parkman gonna get to Hiro and Ando in time? Speaking of which, wasn't Hiro there when Sylar killed his mother? He stabbed him with Kinsei's sword right?

Also did any Lost peep's hear the Dead is Dead line Sylar said? Had to have been a coincidence, no way that reference made it into the script and then into production, after the Dead is Dead episode aired, 2 weeks ago. Same thing last week, in 1961 Nathan said What ever happened, Happened. Both being episode titles to Lost this season, this is just bizarre.

And while Generations wasn't a complete disaster, (still think it was way better than Villains) I still enjoy Fugitives, and this setup for the finale. Hopefully we'll finally get round 2 of Peter and Sylar, well actually lets make that what round 6 or 7??? I was also hoping for some kind of throwaway line about Sylar thinking he was a Patrelli brother, when him and Nathan were conversing. So for volume 5: Redemption, I hope we get somewhat of a clean slate, like we've been promised. And if Sylar doesn't die next week, which I highly doubt. I think next season will be devoted to taking him down. I think next week Sylar will succeed and the cliffhanger will be him sitting in the Oval Office as Michael Dorn, cut to a MCU, while the camera zooms in slowly and we'll either see him morphing into Sylar or we'll see Michael doing the Sylar grin. Fade out

which i think will be a total cop out and completely predictable. So lets hope they'll come up with a better final scene than what i just came up with, thus setting up the new volume.

on a side note: I wonder how Nissan feels about Greg Grunberg doing a commercial spot for the new Honda Insight. How can Heroes be promoting for 2 competing car companies? It's almost like Hey if you wanna be a cool hipster that drives around in a Cube, while twittering buy this car OR if you want to be eco safe and green and all that jazz, buy this nifty hybrid. NISSAN VERSA!

Last edited by Oboro Bishamon; April 21 2009 at 07:34 AM.
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 08:13 AM   #26
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

It's going to be Peter's girlfriend that was lost in time last season! She managed to get a power and comes back to get reeeevenge!

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 10:54 AM   #27
Aragorn
Admiral

When did Sylar gain the ability to morph his clothing? When the show decided to take another shortcut?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 01:34 PM   #28
MNM
Captain

Aragorn wrote: View Post
When did Sylar gain the ability to morph his clothing? When the show decided to take another shortcut?
The guys actually naked, just shaped his body into clothes.
MNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 02:12 PM   #29
Thespeckledkiwi
Vice Admiral

Location: TheBolianChef is no more! It's theSpeckledKiwi now!

Does anyone else think that Hiro won't be coming back next season?
Thespeckledkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2009, 02:30 PM   #30
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

this may be my first 'Excellent' rating for Heroes
Sylar talking to himself as his mother was just too twisted and demented . . .