RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,699
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 775
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode
Excellent 12 21.43%
Above Average 22 39.29%
Average 12 21.43%
Below Average 6 10.71%
Poor 4 7.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 13 2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Dream
Admiral

Heroes 3x23 "1961" Discuss and Grade

Looks like this episode is going to be Angela focused so it should be pretty good.

http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-sho...odeid=10736487

Angela delves into her past and reveals long-held secrets. Elsewhere, Mohinder finds out that his dad was involved in an old government operation.
Old April 14 2009, 12:42 AM   #2
Dream
Admiral

Re: Heroes 3x23 "1961" Discuss and Grade

Preview for final 3 episodes of the season. Possible spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDRQDX6_4go
Old April 14 2009, 01:26 AM   #3
Daneel
Rear Admiral

Pretty good episode. Some nice continuity nods, even though I'm not entirely sure everything fits perfectly (but I don't think anything is outright contradictory to established history, so it's probably okay).

We get some insight into how the founding members of the Company came together, as well as more background on Angela, which is an intriguing diversion for an episode, but I'm looking forward to the main storyline resuming next week -- especially since it's finally starting to capture my interest! Flashback episodes can work, and this one mostly does, but (and this may just be a personal preference) I think it's better when they don't come so late in the season, not when the main arc is only a couple of weeks away from (presumably) being resolved. But this is a minor quibble. All in all, this is still much better stuff than we've been getting for most of the season.
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2009, 02:15 AM   #4
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

"But you blew it."

Fuck you, Claire. So enamored and forgiving with Nathan who started the whole mess but not a kind word for Noah. She is such a worthless ungrateful brat. I can't stand her.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2009, 02:15 AM   #5
SG-17
Commodore

Wait is the black guy Charles Deveaux?

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2009, 02:20 AM   #6
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Yes, I believe he's supposed to be Simone's father. However, he was older than Angela. I think they should have cast someone who looks more early 30ish. He looks like a kid. If Angela turned 16 in 1961, that means she's turning 64 this year. Deveaux looked to be about 80. I like the actress they cast as young Angela, and the "we aren't communists" remark. Very typical of the mindset then. Afraid of communism. Still trusting the government.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old April 14 2009, 02:31 AM   #7
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

DEAR GOD. WAS THAT.....WAS THAT.....COULD IT HAVE BEEN.....A FEW MOMENTS OF CHARACTER INTERACTION BETWEEN PETER AND NATHAN?????

I think they implied some hostility on Nathan's side. Could it be.....anger at getting shot?

Nooooooo, no way. That would imply some continuity of script. Like someone else was at the helm, someone different than before. That scene--made sense. On Heroes. Norman, coordinate.

Old April 14 2009, 02:38 AM   #8
Gertch
Admiral

I wonder if this episode was written by the other team. It's lagging.
Gertch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2009, 02:38 AM   #9
SG-17
Commodore

While the teenagers are away, the guards will play.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2009, 02:47 AM   #10
mswood
Rear Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post

DEAR GOD. WAS THAT.....WAS THAT.....COULD IT HAVE BEEN.....A FEW MOMENTS OF CHARACTER INTERACTION BETWEEN PETER AND NATHAN?????

I think they implied some hostility on Nathan's side. Could it be.....anger at getting shot?
Hopefully it was some anger about being hunted down and killed. Sorry Dorian but that trumps getting shot every single day of the week.
Old April 14 2009, 02:53 AM   #11
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Anger is seldom rational. Anger would at least make what Nathan did make some semblance of sense on an emotional reactionary level.

Old April 14 2009, 02:55 AM   #12
Lt. Trull
Fleet Captain

wow... sis's ability is better then that guy who makes u forget him.
Lt. Trull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2009, 03:03 AM   #13
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

I loved the last scene of everyone eating together & talking. I loved these last few character focused episodes.

I cant beleive they are gonna reform the company though. And yeah I think theyve all forgiven Nathan just a little too quickly...weird.
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2009, 03:03 AM   #14
Caligula
Vice Admiral

That was fantastic. I hope Season 3's final two episodes will be as excellent as this one.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2009, 03:04 AM   #15
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Alice felt responsible because of the chain reaction and stayed there alone all those years? Now that is one sad story. I can understand being afraid you'd hurt people if your emotions were tied to turbulent weather. I can't buy that Angela would be copacetic about leaving. Hire someone to search for her.

Fuller is trying pretty hard to tidy things up. I give him credit. He's giving us more Petrelli family and brotherly interaction, which is what I've been begging for all along. I can't complain, and I like that Noah was included at the family table. That's only right.

I cant beleive they are gonna reform the company though. And yeah I think theyve all forgiven Nathan just a little too quickly...weird.
Oh absolutely it's too quick. Fuller doesn't have enough time left to flesh out the story so he's going too quickly on the damage control. It's a Herculean task repairing Heroes at this point so I'll cut him some slack. He even made Claire seem bearable towards the end of the episode.