New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade "Born to Run"
"I'll be back." (Excellent) 85 77.27%
"Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average) 19 17.27%
"Thank you for explaining." (Average) 6 5.45%
"If we stay the course we are dead. We are all dead!" (Below Average) 0 0%
"You are TERMINATED." (Poor) 0 0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 16 2009, 04:22 PM   #316
flavaflav
Commander

Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

nerodavie wrote: View Post
One thing that I'm wondering about is will John still care about Cameron now that hes met Allison?

Also, what was up with John Henry mimicking Weaver all the time in this episode?
I think that was meant to show the similar thinking of two robots... but I could be way off.
I thought he was just acting bratty, like a little kid who repeats what their parents say. You can tell from Ellerson's reaction to him like "quit acting like a baby". That made me laugh
flavaflav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2009, 07:32 PM   #317
Checkmate
Commodore

One thing that I'm wondering about is will John still care about Cameron now that hes met Allison?

Also, what was up with John Henry mimicking Weaver all the time in this episode?
I think that was meant to show the similar thinking of two robots... but I could be way off.
I'd say it was closer to showing that his intellect had already catching up to Weaver's (a hyper advance AI) despite being in the early stages of its development; that he was, indeed, coming to the same conclusions as a far superior machine given the same input.
Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2009, 07:54 PM   #318
Pilot Ace
Captain

I just wanted to say, your avatar is fantastic.
Pilot Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2009, 03:28 AM   #319
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

Just saw this interesting quote from Brian Austin Green where he talks about what happened at the end (making this the OFFICIAL explanation for people who were doubtful):

Green elaborates, "You have this episode where John Connor travels to a future where John Connor never existed. I don't know if people completely get it because we work on a string theory, which we've dealt with during the season. We dealt with that with Jessie, in the future that she came from there was Charles Fisher, who tortured everyone. In the future I came from, he never existed. I don't remember him. We were still together within these parallel futures but they were still different and they still had their own paths. This is the same concept. For John Connor to travel to a future where he never existed, where Kyle Reese never left, where Derek and Kyle are still fighting side by side, where Allison (the human Cameron was based on) is still very much present, what becomes of John? What better situation for somebody to grow up in and become the future leader than that? Than to be fighting in what he's been trying to prevent? Not just being the top dog, being listened to for everything, but having to actually listen and follow."

http://tv.ign.com/articles/973/973668p1.html

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2009, 05:55 AM   #320
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

LutherSloan wrote: View Post
Just saw this interesting quote from Brian Austin Green where he talks about what happened at the end (making this the OFFICIAL explanation for people who were doubtful):

Green elaborates, "You have this episode where John Connor travels to a future where John Connor never existed. I don't know if people completely get it because we work on a string theory, which we've dealt with during the season. We dealt with that with Jessie, in the future that she came from there was Charles Fisher, who tortured everyone. In the future I came from, he never existed. I don't remember him. We were still together within these parallel futures but they were still different and they still had their own paths. This is the same concept. For John Connor to travel to a future where he never existed, where Kyle Reese never left, where Derek and Kyle are still fighting side by side, where Allison (the human Cameron was based on) is still very much present, what becomes of John? What better situation for somebody to grow up in and become the future leader than that? Than to be fighting in what he's been trying to prevent? Not just being the top dog, being listened to for everything, but having to actually listen and follow."

so (atleast part of season 3) will have John fight the machines and defeat SKYnet (and grow up, so, mid season actor swap?) capture the time machine, and go back, so he can fight the machines again?
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2009, 02:03 PM   #321
Snaploud
Admiral

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
LutherSloan wrote: View Post

so (atleast part of season 3) will have John fight the machines and defeat SKYnet (and grow up, so, mid season actor swap?) capture the time machine, and go back, so he can fight the machines again?
I think the plotline would only work if the Kyle Reese-led resistance is in some way ineffective. What would be the point of traveling back in time if he has nothing unique to offer the resistance (as leader)?
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2009, 02:05 PM   #322
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

nx1701g wrote: View Post
DontFeedPhil wrote: View Post
NX1701g...Are you gonna keep your avatar up-to-date on the fate of the series? So if I come in here and your avatar says "Terminated" its canceled and if it says "Come with me if you want to live." the show is renewed?
My avatar will reflect the state of the series.

Brian Austin Green said today that the writers began work on scripts for Season 3.
A script order is always a good sign. Or are they just breaking the next season so they have something to show Fox if they are considering a renewal.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2009, 02:08 PM   #323
David cgc
Vice Admiral

Snaploud wrote: View Post
I think the plotline would only work if the Kyle Reese-led resistance is in some way ineffective. What would be the point of traveling back in time if he has nothing unique to offer the resistance (as leader)?
Attempting to prevent judgement day?
Old April 17 2009, 02:12 PM   #324
Snaploud
Admiral

David cgc wrote: View Post
Maybe...but BAG mentioned John "grow[ing] up...[to] become the future leader."
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2009, 02:17 PM   #325
Verse
Lieutenant Commander

Judgment Day is unavoidable, stopping it would ruin the franchise.

The Idea that John goes to the future and learns to fight the terminators in a future where they are doomed to fail then goes back to Judgment Day and leads the resistance when nobody else has any experience fighting terminators makes good sense to me.
Old April 17 2009, 03:38 PM   #326
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

The Idea that John goes to the future and learns to fight the terminators in a future where they are doomed to fail then goes back to Judgment Day and leads the resistance when nobody else has any experience fighting terminators makes good sense to me.
At which point his people whould say. How come you know so much about these things, and what is he to say?
Old April 17 2009, 09:40 PM   #327
TheGodfatherSJP
Ensign

ThunderAeroI wrote: View Post

At which point his people whould say. How come you know so much about these things, and what is he to say?
Yes well, if you view some of the T4 trailers you'll see that's precisely the reason why he's a general but not in charge. People are suspicious of him because of what he knows, and they don't know how he knows it. This is what I get for posting over @ terminatorwiki.com

Actually, guys, they've got a pretty in depth Save TSCC campaign going on over there. Check it out if you're interested. Mailing addresses, petitions, the works.
TheGodfatherSJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2009, 11:31 PM   #328
nx1701g
Admiral

^ terminator.wikia.com is the better one. Terminatorwiki lets fanfic.

Also, John Connor is not a General in the new film. Yes he leads his own group, but he's not a General.
Old April 18 2009, 03:34 AM   #329
Verse
Lieutenant Commander

ThunderAeroI wrote: View Post

I have to go back and watch it but I'm fairly sure that in the original movie Kyle says that John taught them ways to fight the machines. He doesn't necessarily have to come out and say he knows everything.
Old April 18 2009, 09:08 AM   #330
3D Master
Rear Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
^ terminator.wikia.com is the better one. Terminatorwiki lets fanfic.
What?

It lets fanfic what?

Burn?

Use the toilet?

Drown?

Die?

Finish your sentences please!
3D Master is offline   Reply With Quote