RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,201
Posts: 5,436,954
Members: 24,948
Currently online: 581
Newest member: TedCarchidi

TrekToday headlines

Cumberbatch In Wax
By: T'Bonz on Oct 24

Trek Screenwriter Washington D.C. Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Oct 23

Two Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Oct 22

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade "Born to Run"
"I'll be back." (Excellent) 85 77.27%
"Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average) 19 17.27%
"Thank you for explaining." (Average) 6 5.45%
"If we stay the course we are dead. We are all dead!" (Below Average) 0 0%
"You are TERMINATED." (Poor) 0 0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 15 2009, 10:19 AM   #301
Sxottlan
Commodore
 
Sxottlan's Avatar
 
Location: Stealing Lu Bu's Horse
View Sxottlan's Twitter Profile
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

If the second season had been more like the finale, sure it probably would have been more expensive, but it would have also been better.

If indeed Fox mandated the girlfriend subplot, then I think they put the gun in their own mouth here. I thought it was by far the worst part of the season and dragged on too long with little return. In general, I don't know why they kept Weaver and the Connors apart until the last five minutes of the season. I can't remember ever seeing a show keep a character's motivations that much of a secret for a complete season until the very last sequence and for so little reason.

Now with that finale, I'd like the show to stick around. But I wouldn't be surprised if it got canceled. If it did, that final scene works as a nice finale in general. Bittersweet, but lots of possibility for John there.
__________________
Out of 4 stars:
The Light Fantastic: **1/2
One Constant Star: **1/2
Serpents in the Garden: **1/2
Sxottlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 11:33 AM   #302
3D Master
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

Sxottlan wrote: View Post
If the second season had been more like the finale, sure it probably would have been more expensive, but it would have also been better.

If indeed Fox mandated the girlfriend subplot, then I think they put the gun in their own mouth here. I thought it was by far the worst part of the season and dragged on too long with little return.
Well, the girlfriend itself wasn't mandated by Fox, what WAS mandated by Fox was that she arrived much sooner than originally intended. So instead of a very powerful, quite self-contained, without any extraneous b*llsh*t, with John like he was in the latter episodes - strong and capable; we got this long drawn out torturous affair where John came off as whiny, and it just dragged, and dragged, and dragged, and dragged.
3D Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 02:19 PM   #303
nx1701g
Admiral
 
nx1701g's Avatar
 
Location: Aboard the Executor...
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

Akiraprise wrote: View Post
One thing I didn't get was why the HK crashed into Weaver's office. Didn't it have weapons?
We don't know for sure if it was armed or simply a prototype. We didn't see it use its weapons in the show. However, one reason for it to crash, was it was attempting to make the building collapse so that John Henry would be destroyed. A crash into a building could be easily explained away by the media, a missile launch couldn't.
__________________
Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 02:20 PM   #304
nx1701g
Admiral
 
nx1701g's Avatar
 
Location: Aboard the Executor...
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

3D Master wrote: View Post
Sxottlan wrote: View Post
If the second season had been more like the finale, sure it probably would have been more expensive, but it would have also been better.

If indeed Fox mandated the girlfriend subplot, then I think they put the gun in their own mouth here. I thought it was by far the worst part of the season and dragged on too long with little return.
Well, the girlfriend itself wasn't mandated by Fox, what WAS mandated by Fox was that she arrived much sooner than originally intended. So instead of a very powerful, quite self-contained, without any extraneous b*llsh*t, with John like he was in the latter episodes - strong and capable; we got this long drawn out torturous affair where John came off as whiny, and it just dragged, and dragged, and dragged, and dragged.
That is partially true. Friedman said when he was called into the Fox offices that they wanted her introduced. He said that they could do it around the 9th episode. Fox said the second was better. They didn't have any real choice so they agreed with Fox's demands.
__________________
Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 02:30 PM   #305
NX74205
Captain
 
Location: The Bridge
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

Deleted Post....
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 05:35 PM   #306
nx1701g
Admiral
 
nx1701g's Avatar
 
Location: Aboard the Executor...
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

^ Now you've made me curious...
__________________
Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 06:04 PM   #307
Forbin
Admiral
 
Forbin's Avatar
 
Location: I said out, dammit!
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

Right click, save, right click, save, right click, ejaculate, right click, save.....
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 06:34 PM   #308
DontFeedPhil
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Just back from Your Moms House...
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

NX1701g...Are you gonna keep your avatar up-to-date on the fate of the series? So if I come in here and your avatar says "Terminated" its canceled and if it says "Come with me if you want to live." the show is renewed?
DontFeedPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 06:48 PM   #309
NX74205
Captain
 
Location: The Bridge
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

nx1701g wrote: View Post
^ Now you've made me curious...
heh...it was just a link to the already mentioned post about the possible cancellation of the show. It didn't add to the convo so I deleted it....
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 06:59 PM   #310
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral
 
TheArsenal's Avatar
 
Location: Sunny Southern California
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

I'll play. One of two signed photos from a convention last year (RL name photoshopped out).

__________________
"What's your name?"

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2009, 12:40 AM   #311
nx1701g
Admiral
 
nx1701g's Avatar
 
Location: Aboard the Executor...
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

DontFeedPhil wrote: View Post
NX1701g...Are you gonna keep your avatar up-to-date on the fate of the series? So if I come in here and your avatar says "Terminated" its canceled and if it says "Come with me if you want to live." the show is renewed?
My avatar will reflect the state of the series.

Brian Austin Green said today that the writers began work on scripts for Season 3.
__________________
Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2009, 04:02 AM   #312
Base_Delta_Zero
Commodore
 
Base_Delta_Zero's Avatar
 
Location: Maine
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

Tim M wrote: View Post
Base_Delta_Zero wrote: View Post
Show...? What show?



Hilarious post, by the way!
Thanks! I stumbled across the photoshoot and thought you guys would at least appreciate the pics, if not the humor.
Base_Delta_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2009, 04:15 AM   #313
Devnull
Captain
 
Location: Delphi, Caprica
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

nx1701g wrote: View Post
DontFeedPhil wrote: View Post
NX1701g...Are you gonna keep your avatar up-to-date on the fate of the series? So if I come in here and your avatar says "Terminated" its canceled and if it says "Come with me if you want to live." the show is renewed?
My avatar will reflect the state of the series.

Brian Austin Green said today that the writers began work on scripts for Season 3.

Hope it's true! Got any way to back this up? Most of the internets think the show is "canceled for sure" again Tried to remind them of last year and no one remembers.
Devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2009, 02:38 PM   #314
Verse
Lieutenant Commander
 
Verse's Avatar
 
Location: U.S.S. Relativity
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

One thing that I'm wondering about is will John still care about Cameron now that hes met Allison?

Also, what was up with John Henry mimicking Weaver all the time in this episode?
I think that was meant to show the similar thinking of two robots... but I could be way off.
__________________
Nudity is real, open your eyes, take off your pants!
Verse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2009, 03:21 PM   #315
Brikar99
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

nerodavie wrote: View Post
One thing that I'm wondering about is will John still care about Cameron now that hes met Allison?
He'll maybe care about her MORE after meeting Allison.
__________________
SNW 9: 'Mestral' - 'Ninja Werewolf Assassins!' - Movie/TV reviews: For Reelz
Brikar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
terminator

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.