Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old September 6 2010, 03:59 AM   #106
Shaw
Commodore

Re: A Two-Thirds 33 inch Enterprise

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Awesome model
Mytran wrote: View Post
This is a truly stunning model.
Thanks guys!

As Tallguy knows, I'm trying to learn my new (used) camera in the hope of getting some really nice images of my model in the near future. I've been subjecting a test audience (which includes Tallguy) to this learning process. Still learning though.
Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2010, 10:13 AM   #107
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

Ah! Good! You're still around. Listen, just to confirm I'm a total suck-up, I want to throw a thumbs-up your way both here and in that other, closed thread. You do good work, Shaw.

Here's one for each:
Old September 6 2010, 11:37 AM   #108
Shaw
Commodore

Psion wrote: View Post
Ah! Good! You're still around. Listen, just to confirm I'm a total suck-up, I want to throw a thumbs-up your way both here and in that other, closed thread. You do good work, Shaw.

Here's one for each:
Thanks! It means a lot to hear that from people... and it means even more when it is from people who's work I've always enjoyed.

Edit:
If you guys will excuse the mess in the background, here are some images that show the model in fairly true colors as it sits today.

Last edited by Shaw; September 6 2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added images
Old September 6 2010, 01:55 PM   #109
Bernard Guignard
Captain

very sweet work there Looking forward to seeing your other projects. :tech man:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trekno...yguid=89237652
Bernard Guignard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2010, 07:12 PM   #110
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral

View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner

The colors on the D7 look gorgeous, and it's no surprise that Jefferies picked that color scheme.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2010, 10:39 PM   #111
Shaw
Commodore

Thanks guys!

Yeah, the Klingon (which isn't finished yet) is a practice model. I ran into difficulties while finishing the Enterprise and figured I needed to get more experience with finishing models (painting, detailing and decaling). And the Klingon paint scheme I'd seen on some recent models (like here) looked really interesting.

Even though it isn't done (and I still have a lot of chances to screw it up), I'm pretty happy with it and how it looks near my Enterprise. Here are some shots of the Klingon model (again, it isn't finished yet)...

All and all, it has been a fun model to build. It took about three weeks to get to this point... and then I screwed up the decals and now have to wait to get replacements. No worries though, it is a practice model after all.
Old September 6 2010, 11:44 PM   #112
BolianAuthor
Writer, Battlestar Urantia

Send a message via AIM to BolianAuthor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BolianAuthor

Those are awesome models... any chance we could see some more pics of the Enterprise?
BolianAuthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2010, 12:14 AM   #113
Shaw
Commodore

BolianAuthor wrote: View Post
Those are awesome models... any chance we could see some more pics of the Enterprise?
Thanks!

Sure, I've taken a lot of shots while practicing with my camera. Just remember that I'm still learning how to build models like this as some of these shots show the shortcomings in my skill level (hopefully I'll do better in my next attempt).

And some color shots before I had finished...
Progress 1
Progress 2
Progress 3
Progress 4
Progress 5
Old September 7 2010, 12:45 AM   #114
BolianAuthor

Send a message via AIM to BolianAuthor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BolianAuthor

Damn... just damn... That really is a beautiful model. Thanks so much for sharing!
Old September 7 2010, 04:12 AM   #115
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

1. A few of those shots of the D7 looked so good with clean lines and uniform coloration that they look like CG. I knew it was a physical model, but my eyes kept screaming it was too perfect. (I have very noisy eyes. They're opinionated about CG and get abusive when I drink, too.)
  2. Did anyone else spend too much time sifting through the rubble in the background of the 5:37 AM pictures? I like messy people. They're more like me, and that makes me feel less guilty about being a slob, and they also tend to be more interesting since they don't waste time hiding behind neatness and organization; neat people put effort into hiding themselves in labeled boxes and ordered desks and shouldn't be trusted. Cluttered people "just let it all hang out" -- they don't care if people know what they're doing or interested in. Which makes them kind of neat.

Um ... cool neat, not tidy neat.
Old September 7 2010, 04:28 AM   #116
Albertese
Commodore

Psion wrote: View Post
  1. ...
  2. Did anyone else spend too much time sifting through the rubble in the background of the 5:37 AM pictures? I like messy people. They're more like me, and that makes me feel less guilty about being a slob, and they also tend to be more interesting since they don't waste time hiding behind neatness and organization; neat people put effort into hiding themselves in labeled boxes and ordered desks and shouldn't be trusted. Cluttered people "just let it all hang out" -- they don't care if people know what they're doing or interested in. Which makes them kind of neat.

Um ... cool neat, not tidy neat.
Hear hear! I love checking out people's stuff in messy background images. I'm often surprised by what things random internet pwople have that I also have on my own shelves. Makes sense I guess. If we're on the same sites, we've bound have overlapping interests.

--Alex
Old September 7 2010, 05:24 AM   #117
BolianAuthor

I oughtta post some pics of my abode sometime... everything is in perfect order, in its place.
Old September 7 2010, 08:16 AM   #118
kkozoriz1
Fleet Captain

That's sick
kkozoriz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2010, 10:48 PM   #119
Shaw
Commodore

You guys are classic!

Yeah, I'm pretty messy... and while my wife does love that about me, I think she'd like it if I could be neat (tidy neat) a couple days a year.
Old September 10 2010, 10:01 PM   #120
publiusr
Commodore

Some of the best work I've seen here. i think you said at fed-ref that your next step was to actually begin to work with wood. The structure atop the primary hull above the impulse deck, sometimes looks almost like a tube, and not flat at all. Then too, in other shots... I can't tell.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote