Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old April 7 2009, 07:12 PM   #121
Iano
Lieutenant

Re: World Premiere/Advance screening discussions [SPOILERS GUARANTEED]

EJA wrote: View Post
No Klingons? Then what about those photos we saw of Nero with two of them in masks?
Got a link?
Iano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2009, 07:16 PM   #122
number6
Vice Admiral

Location: number6 has left the village through some inexpicable hole in the ground to head the corporation.

Iano wrote: View Post
EJA wrote: View Post
No Klingons? Then what about those photos we saw of Nero with two of them in masks?
Got a link?
That was a scene eventually cut from the film. It will appear on the DVD. This was reported in Trekmovie some months ago.
number6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2009, 07:25 PM   #123
Jefferies
Captain

So that's it? They destroy Vulcan for good??? Is this a frakking joke??? So no more Vulcan in any future incarnations of "Star Trek"? This is the most ludicrous, rdiculous thing I have ever heard them do! Where on earth is the hope and humanity in that as Abrams keeps espousing? That must be billions dead! And don't give me this alternate universe crap with how it's all bright and dandy in the real Star Trek universe. Why is everyone so gang ho on watching an alternate universe anyway? If you hate Star Trek that much go and watch another show! For Christ's sake.
Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2009, 07:28 PM   #124
thumbtack
Commodore

So, basically, everyone on the interwebs is saying that Nimoy was telling the truth when he said only a good script would drag him out of retirement. Because, you know, anti-reboot fanboy #3 said Nimoy was lying and only in it for the money.
thumbtack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2009, 07:29 PM   #125
urbandk
Commodore

Jefferies wrote: View Post
So that's it? They destroy Vulcan for good??? Is this a frakking joke??? So no more Vulcan in any future incarnations of "Star Trek"? This is the most ludicrous, rdiculous thing I have ever heard them do! Where on earth is the hope and humanity in that as Abrams keeps espousing? That must be billions dead! And don't give me this alternate universe crap with how it's all bright and dandy in the real Star Trek universe. Why is everyone so gang ho on watching an alternate universe anyway? If you hate Star Trek that much go and watch another show! For Christ's sake.

watch the movie for yourself.
Old April 7 2009, 07:30 PM   #126
urbandk
Commodore

thumbtack wrote: View Post
So, basically, everyone on the interwebs is saying that Nimoy was telling the truth when he said only a good script would drag him out of retirement. Because, you know, anti-reboot fanboy #3 said Nimoy was lying and only in it for the money.
Nimoy seemed genuinely emotional at the screening last night. He was dignified and rightly proud of this movie. He lends it weight and circumstance.
Old April 7 2009, 07:34 PM   #127
locborg
Ensign

i dont support his language ^^ but he definately got a point. it sounds like all what abrams did was to create an alternate star trek universe in which he is able to meet the expectations of the early 21th century popcorn flick audience.

is this still star trek, or do we really have to forget "all we knew" just like the tagline told us to?

where is the connection to the star trek universe we cared about for decades (except for spock prime...)?
locborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2009, 07:34 PM   #128
Dukhat
Commodore

urbandk wrote: View Post
several ships, all less advanced than Ent. different from Kelvin. I think they all had even numbered nacelles, though. I saw one with four nacelles and no secondary hull, like the Stargazer.
Thanks. Are any starships from the 24th century shown (besides Spock's ship)?
Old April 7 2009, 07:34 PM   #129
KirkusOveractus
Captain

Send a message via AIM to KirkusOveractus

Simple solution to what happens to Vulcan:
KirkusOveractus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2009, 07:35 PM   #130
urbandk
Commodore

Dukhat wrote: View Post
several ships, all less advanced than Ent. different from Kelvin. I think they all had even numbered nacelles, though. I saw one with four nacelles and no secondary hull, like the Stargazer.
Thanks. Are any starships from the 24th century shown (besides Spock's ship)?
No
Old April 7 2009, 07:37 PM   #131
Jefferies
Captain

I am sorry to say this, but if this is the type of thing this movie is about then I do not see myself watching it. This is meant to be a utopian future, not some type of armageddon endtime story.
Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2009, 07:40 PM   #132
EJA
Fleet Captain

Right on!
EJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2009, 07:43 PM   #133
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Why is everyone so gang ho on watching an alternate universe anyway? If you hate Star Trek that much go and watch another show! For Christ's sake.
Nah, we get to watch this - and this is Star Trek.

"Alternate universe" my butt - it's a reboot with a little sleight-of-hand, and it's overdue.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2009, 07:49 PM   #134
thumbtack
Commodore

it's all bright and dandy in the real Star Trek universe.
The real Star Trek universe? The only way we'll ever see that place again is with a dvd player.
thumbtack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2009, 07:50 PM   #135
od0_ital
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital

Since my thread got closed while I was asleep, here's a link to the article for last night's Star Trek (2009) event last night -

http://www.scifi4me.com/scifi4me_startrek.htm